SC any good for video?
1155 6 2019-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coojeebear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 572484 ft
United Kingdom

I was about to pull the trigger an buy an SC for my Nikon Z7 & asked some questions on the DJI Ronin FB group.

It seems that they don't recommend the SC for my camera & suggest that the Ronin-S is what I need as the SC "only works with small mirroless cameras".

I was told that the SC would not work for event & wedding video with my camera.

I'm wondering whether there are any other options I should look at instead?

2019-8-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sure that our valued DJI Forum members, would provide recommendation and feedback that you may need to help you to decide which one in the Ronin series you would like to purchase. Thank you for your support.
2019-8-19
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

It should work just fine. The camera weighs less than my A7Rii and I haven't had any problems at all. Was thinking about putting my GFX 50r  on it just to see if it would balance too even though I'd never use that for video.
2019-8-19
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks Hedslc

So your Sony is fine on the SC for things like event & weddin video?
2019-8-20
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.2
Canada

I have a Z6 and the SC is perfect ...iirc the Z7 isnt much bigger, if at all.  The Z7 weight is FOR SURE under the SC suggested limit.  My Z 24-70 lens is probably the biggest the rig would accept... no chance to mount a 200mm...

I had the S and returned it for the SC as the S was overkill and wasnt as feature ladden as the SC.

Video with a Z7?!  How hot does it get?!  I got the Z6 and avoided the Z7 as i am shooting a lot of video... (50/50 photo/video for me).

Cheers brother!

2019-8-20
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

You were told wrong. We use the SC with DSLRs. However, if you have a heavier setup, the Ronin S may be a better fit.
2019-8-20
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for your help everyone. So maybe the FB person was pulling my chain?
2019-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules