Feature Requests
12Next >
5081 46 2019-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BGA
lvl.4
United States

So, what about we use this thread to tell DJI what we would like to see in the Robomaster S1? The Idea is to add a single feature per response and if other people like that feature, they can just upvote the specific reply. I will start below.
2019-8-19
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

Enable programming of the IR blaster and IR hit detectors.
2019-8-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day BGA. Thank you for creating the thread and for the requests. Rest assured that all the request on this thread will be forwarded to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI Robomaster S1 and its's functionality. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests and information will be implemented. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your suggestions, requests, and support.
2019-8-19
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

I believe you!  I still think this thread is a good idea.  Does this forum allow for "sticky" posts that stay on top?

While I love the suggestion for IR Cannon Unlock, I think my very next favorite feature to unlock would the be UART.

We could have soooo much fun coding for that.  It's a little technical but it can send as well as receive data, which would be AWESOME.

Third choice I think would be access to the Speaker.

Too much fun there - project our voice, make funny sounds, play music and sound clips, wheeeee!

Also, we need to be able to Start the Autonomous Program from the App.  
(Having to go into the Arena to push the button is a bummer.)

Edit:  Clarification here:  The S1 should be able to run the Autonoumous Program without need of Connection or App.  But, being able to launch it from the App would allow the S1 to have its program launched remotely AND continue to run its program after loss of Connection.

2019-8-19
Use props
gpvillamil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210226 ft
United States

Ability to have more than one custom action set up, with multiple customizable buttons along the bottom of the screen. Some of these could basically be autonomous programs.

Even better, have the buttons be a UI element that could pass parameters to the custom action. For example, a toggle button to activate/deactivate lights, a slider or dial to set speeds, etc.
2019-8-19
Use props
gpvillamil
lvl.4
United States

Compatibility with DJI goggles, together with the Gamepad this would allow for independent control of chassis and gimbal. Not sure if it is feasible with current hardware, but maybe they can release a processor module update that supports Occusync.
2019-8-19
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

Allow automatic firing in autonomous mode (currently it seems it is not possible).
2019-8-20
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

External SDK for development, including ability to run programs on the robot without the need for the Robomaster S1 app.
2019-8-20
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good idea..
2019-8-20
Use props
albertr
lvl.3
United States

+1 for opening SDK for developers. That has so much potential to increase customer base when external developers start add new features/customization to this platform.

-albertr
2019-8-22
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>

albertr Posted at 8-22 08:29
+1 for opening SDK for developers. That has so much potential to increase customer base when external developers start add new features/customization to this platform.

-albertr

What I really would like to see, is the ability to control the Robomaster with a joystick, such as the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro ... The motion of the joystick is very 'natural', and way better than using keyboard keys.

2019-9-13
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

JB63 Posted at 9-13 14:48
What I really would like to see, is the ability to control the Robomaster with a joystick, such as the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro ... The motion of the joystick is very 'natural', and way better than using keyboard keys.

It seems Chinese RoboMaster pilots are still more comfortable controlling the RoboMaster robots in FPV with the PC display, mouse and keyboard, i.e. Old School. The RoboMaster seems to have inherited that feature.
2019-9-13
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4

Feature Request:  To further mimic the Robomaster Competitions we need Team Play Mode to be added to the App.  Please let Teams pick and share Team Colors.

Please add Color Choice to Free for All.
2019-9-15
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

MarkusXL Posted at 9-15 19:23
Feature Request:  To further mimic the Robomaster Competitions we need Team Play Mode to be added to the App.  Please let Teams pick and share Team Colors.

Please add Color Choice to Free for All.

I certainly second this request.
Further to this, the app's "Referee System" function should compute and present  individual AND team scores and statistics.

2019-9-15
Use props
BGA
lvl.4

Automatically force 720p when more than X robots are playing in a single battle. This should be possible as there is already coordination going on anyway. This would reduce the load in the Wifi router and improve skips happening (we played with up to 8 robots).
2019-9-16
Use props
BGA
lvl.4

Also, just to reiterate: Improving the API (by adding support for everything that the robot can do) is a must. Specifically, being able to have a robot running in fully autonomous mode during combat and being able to dodge, target and fire on other robots would be great. I did not even try to enable autonomous mode during the battles but based on other artificial limitations, I would guess you can not (will try this later at home).
2019-9-16
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

BGA Posted at 9-16 08:03
Automatically force 720p when more than X robots are playing in a single battle. This should be possible as there is already coordination going on anyway. This would reduce the load in the Wifi router and improve skips happening (we played with up to 8 robots).

Interesting information. I was wondering how far the AC750 router would go in multi robot Battle sessions.

Note that DJI recommends a more powerful mobile router such as the TP-Link Archer AC1750 Smart WiFi Router – Dual Band Gigabit, Qualcomm Inside (C7) at approx. $155
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BSRS811/ref=dp_cr_wdg_tit_nw_mr

or the Netgear X6S NightHawk at approx. $250
https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-N ... /ref=dp_ob_title_ce
With a capability of up to 55 simultaneous connexions and 4,000 Mbps, the X6S might be a little overkill!

Definitely something that I will consider for the Montreal RoboMaster System One tournament.
2019-9-16
Use props
Aboo
lvl.1

I want to support the request to add capability to link DJI Robomaster with DJI Goggles RE.
Just ordered my Robomaster today. I want to use it as an obstacle during Tiny Whoop drone races we hold every winter. The Robomaster will obviously be an AA gun, intended to shoot down and disrupt TinyWhoops from passing the gates.
2019-9-17
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>

Would love the ability to add sensors for obstacle avoidance, and a bright light. I send mine navigating in dark areas of the house (other rooms), and with no light on board, difficult to see the FPV feed. Plus, obstacle avoidance means you only push the throttle forward.
2019-9-17
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>

I second the programmable hit sensors. Picture this: S1 gets hit ... it turns to the direction where it received the hit from, uses the camera to zero-in on target, then returns fire.
2019-9-17
Use props
BGA
lvl.4

JB63 Posted at 9-17 07:05
Would love the ability to add sensors for obstacle avoidance, and a bright light. I send mine navigating in dark areas of the house (other rooms), and with no light on board, difficult to see the FPV feed. Plus, obstacle avoidance means you only push the throttle forward.

Usually hardware upgrades would not be as easy as software upgrades (which I expected this thread would focus on). But as the S1 is pretty modular and has spare ports, even that is possible. This is another reason to fully unleash the programming API so even things that are not supported directly in the Robomaster App could be programmed and used.

Maybe we need another category of programs: Plugins. They would be like Autonomous programs except that installing it would make it always be run (and, also, it would have to support multiple plugins simultaneously, of course).
2019-9-17
Use props
BGA
lvl.4

JB63 Posted at 9-17 07:18
I second the programmable hit sensors. Picture this: S1 gets hit ... it turns to the direction where it received the hit from, uses the camera to zero-in on target, then returns fire.

There is a misunderstanding here. What you describe is already possible in part. Everything can be done except return fire (this is artificially limited in autonomous mode). The main issue with detecting hits is that only the actual hot detector is programmable. The IR hits can not be programmatically detected for some reason.
2019-9-17
Use props
BGA
lvl.4

Option to record AR enhancements when recording video on the phone. it is understandable why the capture in the SD card does not include that, but the phone capture could potentially include it by hooking the recording to after the AR enhancements are added to the screen. Even better if it can keep everything but not include the on-screen buttons.
2019-9-17
Use props
gpvillamil
lvl.4

BGA Posted at 9-17 09:47
Option to record AR enhancements when recording video on the phone. it is understandable why the capture in the SD card does not include that, but the phone capture could potentially include it by hooking the recording to after the AR enhancements are added to the screen. Even better if it can keep everything but not include the on-screen buttons.

I was able to use the iOS screen recording feature to do this.
2019-9-17
Use props
BGA
lvl.4

gpvillamil Posted at 9-17 09:59
I was able to use the iOS screen recording feature to do this.

Except that this would record everything including the on-screen buttons, which would be better not to show as they take screen real state and are not relevant in this context.
2019-9-17
Use props
BGA
lvl.4

Another one: "Stay in place" mode. Due to the way the mechanum wheels work, if you do not apply torque to them and the Robomaster is in a slope, it will move down on it. "Stay in place" mode would trade some higher battery usage under some conditions for not allowing the robot to move when you are not actively telling it to.
2019-9-17
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4

BGA Posted at 9-17 09:47
Option to record AR enhancements when recording video on the phone. it is understandable why the capture in the SD card does not include that, but the phone capture could potentially include it by hooking the recording to after the AR enhancements are added to the screen. Even better if it can keep everything but not include the on-screen buttons.
What do you mean by on the phone? Is it somewhere in my iOS settings? Or a setting in the app somewhere?

Edit:  oh I bet it’s that FPV Screen Adaptation option.   Dang I forgot to check that.   
2019-9-17
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

I was discussing the RM S1 with a group of High School Educators earlier today and one advanced feature they said they would like to see eventually is the ability to train the RM S1 to recognize objects other than persons, gestures, other S1s or Marker Cards.
2019-9-20
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

MarkusXL Posted at 9-17 12:52
What do you mean by on the phone? Is it somewhere in my iOS settings? Or a setting in the app somewhere?

Has anyone figured out what the Screen Adaptation feature is all about???
2019-9-20
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

Another feature that will become required when Team Play features get implemented will be for drivers to communicate among them within a team, perhaps using a headset.
2019-9-20
Use props
gpvillamil
lvl.4

MarkusXL Posted at 9-17 12:52
What do you mean by on the phone? Is it somewhere in my iOS settings? Or a setting in the app somewhere?

The iOS screen recorder is accessible from the Control Center, swipe up from lower edge.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207935

I can't figure out what FPV Screen Adaptation is.
2019-9-21
Use props
gpvillamil
lvl.4

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 9-20 19:06
Has anyone figured out what the Screen Adaptation feature is all about???

I would love to know!
2019-9-21
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4

I tried it, and still, when recording FPV action all you get is raw video, either direct from SD card or in the App, regardless of "FPV Screen Adaptation" setting.

DJI Please explain this setting?

Because, if you want to record all the FPV action, you have to use a 3rd party screen recorder (like AZ Recorder), and I'm sure you'd rather not have customers have to do that.  

Here are several 3rd party screen recorders:

https://www.apple.com/us/search/az-recorder?src=serp

2019-9-22
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

JB63 Posted at 9-17 07:05
Would love the ability to add sensors for obstacle avoidance, and a bright light. I send mine navigating in dark areas of the house (other rooms), and with no light on board, difficult to see the FPV feed. Plus, obstacle avoidance means you only push the throttle forward.

For the searchlight, you definitely want to look into this accessory. I just received it and installed it on Chip, my customized S1. What I find the most interesting is that the searchlight is powered from the expansion CAN Bus port on the turret and it is turned ON/OFF by a wave of the hand over a switch driven by reflected IR light.

RoboMaster S1 Searchlight
https://www.facebook.com/ronald.houde/videos/pcb.518298228937231/10157164877258800/?type=3&theater&ifg=1

RMS1 Searchlight.jpg
2019-9-22
Use props
Atomicodex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1099268 ft

Can we stream over RTSP yet?

Can the development board stream video?
2019-9-23
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

To increase the accuracy of real time aiming and shooting, it would be an asset if Scratch or Python code could read and modify the RoboMaster S1 sight calibration parameters.
2019-9-23
Use props
BGA
lvl.4

Add option to overlay detected object's bounding boxes to the camera image. This would be great even if it was only available in the DIY Lab. It would both simplify debugging and help understanding possible issues.
2019-9-27
Use props
BGA
lvl.4

I guess this is more a bug fix than a feature request: Increase the frame rate of object detection. As it is now, it is pretty slow.

2019-9-27
Use props
gpvillamil
lvl.4

This might already be possible, I can’t test it where I am:

Be able to host a battle without being connected to a robot. That way you can have a PC running the app, hosting the battles and recording the scores. In fact, if this were the case, it would be great to have a feature to record scores.
2019-9-29
Use props
BGA
lvl.4

Allow multi-file programs. This would make easier to create libraries of shared code that would not needed to be copy/pasted in each program (at least not explicitly).
2019-9-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules