1069 4 2019-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Edward Hore
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Hi All,

I don't often ask questions, but I'm stumped. The Force Mobile mode for the Ronin SC is a main feature I upgraded from my Ronin S for. I do a lot of event photography and don't own an iPhone, but I own the latest Samsung Note (best for editing on the move).

But, here is the clincher, I cannot force my Ronin SC using the Ronin app on my Samsung - yet I am sure I did at one stage.

Can someone tell me what is going on? Where is the Force Mobile compatibility list? And what do I need to do to get it to work?

With thanks,
Edward
2019-8-19
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.2
Canada

SURPRISE!!!!!  

DJI led everyone in the World to believe that it would work on any phone... but that particular feature (a reason why i got the SC) is only available on 20% of the phones in the World (iPhones). I mean, Samsung and Huawei are the top phone makers and account for over 70% of the phone market... but nope, iPhones are hip.

It's hilarious. The scripts sent to their vlogger army for promo of the SC and all their corporate advertising and promo videos does not make ONE MENTION of force mobile being available on iPhones only.

iPhones havent had market share in well over 10 years... and when they did have market share it was because they were the only touchscreen phone!  Lol... remember old men executives make decisions based on what their kids are doing (little sarcasm)... Mr. DJI's kids probably have an iPhone. ; )  
2019-8-20
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.2
Canada

...forgot to mention... another helpful user here suggested buying a used iPod touch.  That's a good idea. They're cheap enough.
2019-8-20
Use props
Edward Hore
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Chrome Dome Posted at 8-20 14:38
...forgot to mention... another helpful user here suggested buying a used iPod touch.  That's a good idea. They're cheap enough.

Unfortunately iPod touch gyroscope is useless...
2019-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Edward, the Android version of the Ronin app does not support the Force Mobile function at the moment. We are currently working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience caused, please note the future update. GTScreenshot_20190823_165829.png
2019-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules