Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No 4k 60fps on Android Osmo Mobile 3
123Next >
45376 108 2019-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_0CbKuL7Mdt2U
lvl.1
United States

Got my osmo mobile 3 in the mail yesterday. Works great.....with my wifes iPhone. My Galaxy s9+ obviously supports 4k @60fps, but the MIMO app doesnt support this still on android.....whatsup with that? Any idea when this support is coming DJI? Here's a link to devices and the shooting capabilities I got from chat team! Until the support comes I'll be drving my wife even more crazy!
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf
2019-8-20
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's too bad to hear, was hoping it would record my iPhone XS at 4K/60fps....
2019-8-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There is an excellent app iMovie pro will record 4K 60 for you, it’s an excellent video app, cost about $20 you won’t be able to use some of the features of the O3 but it has many other benefits which more than make up for all you might lose .
2019-8-20
Use props
BigZ3393
lvl.1
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-20 09:58
That's too bad to hear, was hoping it would record my iPhone XS at 4K/60fps....

iPhone XS will support 4k 60FPS its the android phones that don't offer support.
2019-8-20
Use props
BigZ3393
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-20 10:03
There is an excellent app iMovie pro will record 4K 60 for you, it’s an excellent video app, cost about $20 you won’t be able to use some of the features of the O3 but it has many other benefits which more than make up for all you might lose .

I think having active track is worth not being able to record in 60fps, so I'll stick with using the MIMO app unless someone thinks of some other app that has active tracking capabilities
2019-8-20
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BigZ3393 Posted at 8-20 10:12
iPhone XS will support 4k 60FPS its the android phones that don't offer support.

Doesn't Samsung phones support 4K/60fps????
2019-8-20
Use props
AmyMarieBorg
lvl.3
Malta

I managed to download the DJI Mimo on my Android phone. Haven't tried connecting it yet, as still waiting for my Osmo Pocket to arrive. But it has opened and also let me edit videos shot on my phone. Hope you manage
2019-8-20
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Android devices do not have the full compliment of options on the Mimo /GO apps like iOS.  One of the reasons I went with the Osmo Pocket.  
2019-8-20
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

What options do android devices lack? I’m new to the mimo for the osmo pocket series
2019-8-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The table linked above gives sets out which phones have which options.
2019-8-20
Use props
djiuser_Z1XBH5JM0vNF
lvl.1
Canada

How long did it take for your order to arrive?
2019-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello there, the list shows the highest video resolution that Samsung Galaxy S9+ supports via DJI Mimo is 4k, 30fps, if the native Camera APP supports 4k, 60fps, please record with the native APP, Osmo Mobile 3 could still provide the stability feature.
2019-8-20
Use props
BigZ3393
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_Z1XBH5JM0vNF Posted at 8-20 16:30
How long did it take for your order to arrive?

Took 5 business days. I live in Utah shipped from China
2019-8-21
Use props
BigZ3393
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-20 20:05
Hello there, the list shows the highest video resolution that Samsung Galaxy S9+ supports via DJI Mimo is 4k, 30fps, if the native Camera APP supports 4k, 60fps, please record with the native APP, Osmo Mobile 3 could still provide the stability feature.

Is there a way to active track using the Samsung native app?
2019-8-21
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-20 20:05

Can the Note 10 have 4k60?
2019-8-21
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Looking at the list, no compatible Android phone has 4K60 support in Mimo.  I've been testing with Pocophone, and that offers 4K60 in its native camera app.  If I manually link it to the Mobile 3's bluetooth, then the record button works in the native app, and the gimbal functions normally, but obviously the tracking and other app related stuff doesn't.  But in other Android camera apps, eg Filmic Pro, the native 4K60 setting isn't available either, so it appears this is some kind of Android thing rather than a DJI thing.
2019-8-22
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I don't know why there is 4K/60fps on iPhone but not Android, is it because DJI is favoring iPhones or because there's a fundamental flaw in Android using the OSMO Mobile 3 for 4K/60fps? It seems like the same politics of why the Mavic 2 does not have the feature enabled, as well?
2019-8-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BigZ3393 Posted at 8-21 18:47
Is there a way to active track using the Samsung native app?

No, most of Android phones only support take photos/video in the native camera APP via the Osmo Mobile 3, Active Track is not available.
2019-8-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 8-21 20:34
Can the Note 10 have 4k60?

Hi AntDX316, Samsung Note 10 is not in the compatible list at the moment, the control features cannot be fully ensured, please note the update of the list: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf
2019-8-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-22 17:00
I don't know why there is 4K/60fps on iPhone but not Android, is it because DJI is favoring iPhones or because there's a fundamental flaw in Android using the OSMO Mobile 3 for 4K/60fps? It seems like the same politics of why the Mavic 2 does not have the feature enabled, as well?

Hi David, due to a large number of Android phones in the market, the Android system version and the degree of development of third-party port are inconsistent. In order to ensure the stability of video recording, Osmo Mobile 3 does not support the recording at high frame rate in Android mobile phones for the time being, and we will continue to optimize it.
2019-8-23
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ahhh had I known this was a limitation in the DJI app i would not have purchased the osmo mobile 3. Its not too bad at a hundred dollars but I obviously didnt expect the app to NOT be compatible. I KNEW the stabilizer part would be but not being able to use the features such as active track really limits the purpose of the product .

No fault to DJI, i could heaven read the fine print better. No worries as its just 100 dollars, but next time if there is a osmo mobile 4, ill be sure to read the fine print better...
2019-8-23
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-23 00:48
Hi David, due to a large number of Android phones in the market, the Android system version and the degree of development of third-party port are inconsistent. In order to ensure the stability of video recording, Osmo Mobile 3 does not support the recording at high frame rate in Android mobile phones for the time being, and we will continue to optimize it.

Hi Mindy, that's pretty much the reason I expected, hopefully you guys can get us up and running with respect to using our gear to the best degree as possible.  I'm mostly interested in Live Streaming using the MIMO App and hope that will be a new feature included in a future firmware, thank you.
2019-8-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-23 08:36
Hi Mindy, that's pretty much the reason I expected, hopefully you guys can get us up and running with respect to using our gear to the best degree as possible.  I'm mostly interested in Live Streaming using the MIMO App and hope that will be a new feature included in a future firmware, thank you.

We will keep improving our products to make our customers experience better, please note our website of the future update, thanks for your support.
2019-8-24
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Not all manufacturers provide the necessary hooks to developers for all frame rates.  I saw something on the Filmic Pro site to that effect.
2019-8-24
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-24 02:18
We will keep improving our products to make our customers experience better, please note our website of the future update, thanks for your support.

Thanks for the note, I look forward to a better experience.
2019-8-24
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I can confirm the note 10+ works with the osmo3. I didnt see if it show 4K 60 but the controls and zoom work.
2019-8-26
Use props
Daymon W.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3131745 ft
  • >>>

yeah king of a let down not being able to do 4k could possibly be a deal breaker again
2019-9-3
Use props
GODLIKE 99KINGZ
New

WFT ? I have OnePlus6 phone which does 4k@60fps with Image stabilization and DJI mimo dosn't support 60fps? sorry but i want 60 fps or nothing. Will be returning Osmo Mobile 3 till you gonna enhance DJI MOMO with 60 fps for all resolutions.
2019-10-8
Use props
GODLIKE 99KINGZ
New

GODLIKE 99KINGZ Posted at 10-8 13:53
WFT ? I have OnePlus6 phone which does 4k@60fps with Image stabilization and DJI mimo dosn't support 60fps? sorry but i want 60 fps or nothing. Will be returning Osmo Mobile 3 till you gonna enhance DJI MOMO with 60 fps for all resolutions.

already left feedback on Amazon US and UK and Youtube about this Android discrimination.
2019-10-8
Use props
djiuser_V9KCiQ5GiBKJ
New

I'm really regretting the purchase because no 60fps in general in a deal breaker.. I mean, come on, a gimbal for smooth motion but no 60fps?
2019-10-12
Use props
cartoshca
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-23 00:48

Hi Mindy, maybe DJI could partially address the issue by rolling out support for a handful of flagship android phones, such as the latest galaxy/oneplus/huawei P-series? Given how complicated it is to support many different handsets with their unique sets of hardware. I'm able to understand why 60fps is not supported on most android handsets, but I dont think it makes any sense to not have support for 60fps shooting on any android phone at all.
Sincerely an iPhone user lol
2019-10-14
Use props
4BYE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 391444 ft
Netherlands

Same ... again. After buying OSMO 2 the replies were simular to "sorry to hear, technicians are working on it". The probably still are. Got in the OSMO 3 same ... again. Hoped it would do a better job, but isn't. Just say it's only made for iPhones to use it properly. I had to buy FilmicPro for OSMO 2 to use different framerates. OSMO 3 will be returned to retailer. I will look for different brand that supports Android in a decent way.
2019-10-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

4BYE Posted at 10-19 01:15
Same ... again. After buying OSMO 2 the replies were simular to "sorry to hear, technicians are working on it". The probably still are. Got in the OSMO 3 same ... again. Hoped it would do a better job, but isn't. Just say it's only made for iPhones to use it properly. I had to buy FilmicPro for OSMO 2 to use different framerates. OSMO 3 will be returned to retailer. I will look for different brand that supports Android in a decent way.

Can anyone suggest a mobile gimbal that actually does support 4K60 on all or most Android phones (without having to resort to using the phone's own camera app, which is currently the workaround with the OM3)?

On my phone (Pocophone F1) only the native app supports 4K60.  Open Camera, Filmic Pro, etc, only support 4K30.  So it would be surprising if the Mimo app provided this function uniquely.

2019-10-19
Use props
djiuser_elv2gFNu1EnJ
New
Switzerland

Why does dji didn't support all features for android on mimo app.
Can't understand. Also why so a buggy app. And please import the button zoom funktions into samsungs camera app. Or import the app to mimo.
I got a s10+ and i like the gimbal but I'm unhappy with the app and the funktions. And the disconnection to the phone it happens every 5-10 minutes.
to much to handle. Hope you will fix it as fast as possible.
2019-11-2
Use props
djiuser_elv2gFNu1EnJ
New
Switzerland

4BYE Posted at 10-19 01:15

Let me know if you got one. I be on your side. Its not good to support only one company and the other section can improve.
2019-11-2
Use props
The Conqueror
New

India

Hey there, Recently bought Osmo Mobile 3.
The two things which I didn't like are
1 - No 4K 60fps recording option
2 - No SLO-MO in DJI Mimo App

I badly need an update in the app.
2019-11-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The Conqueror Posted at 11-17 01:51
Hey there, Recently bought Osmo Mobile 3.
The two things which I didn't like are
1 - No 4K 60fps recording option

If other third party apps do not support these functions on your phone - for instance, Open Camera - then it's unlikely that DJI will be able to support them, as they may be only accessible to the phone's manufacturer.
2019-11-17
Use props
AgainstTheWind
New

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-24 02:18

Glad I found this forum thread.  Almost bought the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 as it looks like a good product. Now that I know the marketing hyped features don't apply to Android phones and DJI is only interested in a smaller iphone market segment, I will spend my money on something else.
2019-11-28
Use props
jcdnxs
lvl.1
Portugal

Hello, if the problem is only 4k60fps in android....!!! but we don´t have HDR! The image quality is worse than the native application. In photo we haven´t no options to change resolution!
The DJI app for android is a shame and for that reason I will return the gimbal.
2019-11-28
Use props
djiuser_g4cDrVmqMkAU
New

Poland

I bought O3 yesterday and I'm very disappointed that it doesn't support 4k on Android.  I can't believe this is a problem for DJI.
2019-12-1
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules