FIRMWARE CORRUPT ON DJI P4
3302 20 2019-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nigel54311
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi all, apologies if repeating another thread - did see a similar one to this, but was resolved.
Applied latest f/w to the aircraft - eventually stuck at 99%. Let it sty on until power died on tablet - over an hour.
On firing it all up, everything appeared to work, but no video from the bird. Also have the tri colour led flashing by the usb port on the a/c.
Have tried re-linking the a/c to the remote - which it has done - still get the tri colour led on the bird.
I can contol the gimbal from the r/c and all the data appears t come across. If i set the unit to record it will also do that from the remote.
The video does record to the sd card, just no live video back to the controller. As far as the unit is concerned it has the latest f/ware - 1.9.3 r/c.
When trying to roll back the firmware - 5 sec press on the 3 bar button, nothing, cannot see the current a/c unit f/w so nothing to roll back.
When using DJI Assistant 2 - get the same thing, unable to see the f/ware version of the aircraft, so nothing available to download - new or old.
Is there not a file that can be downloaded and copied across somewhere, unit was flying fine, just wanted to keep the fly database up to date and get stuffed.
Ta in advance,  was supposed to be using today - big helps please!
Nigel.
2019-8-20
Use props
sedeco
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8060653 ft
  • >>>
Egypt

hi  the Firmware V.00.00 0000 Problem    ?   if  like this  so no can fix it    only  see this
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D640%26typeid%3D640
2019-8-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried refreshing the firmware on aircraft, and also a factory reset (both using Assistant 2) ?

Try a camera reset in camera menu in case somethings stuck in manual mode, image may be there, just well under exposed :-)
2019-8-21
Use props
Nigel54311
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 8-21 08:57
Have you tried refreshing the firmware on aircraft, and also a factory reset (both using Assistant 2) ?

Try a camera reset in camera menu in case somethings stuck in manual mode, image may be there, just well under exposed :-)

Hi, I have tried the camera reset all to default. When using DJI assistant 2 to check the firmware get the following screenshot..

The only options on that screen are Restore factory results - tried that, nothing. Also a retry option, that does what it says.
2019-8-21
Use props
Nigel54311
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 8-21 08:57
Have you tried refreshing the firmware on aircraft, and also a factory reset (both using Assistant 2) ?

Hi, I have tried the camera reset all to default. When using DJI assistant 2 to check the firmware I get the result of : Cannot Load Firmware List. Please Retry - click on retry to no avail.
The only other option on that screen is to Restore Factory Results - tried that, nothing.
I  see the other chap that answered did have exactly the same issue - I also received a network issue before  getting stuck at 99%.
Any luck with those bits - not looking good.
2019-8-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nigel54311 Posted at 8-21 16:06
Hi, I have tried the camera reset all to default. When using DJI assistant 2 to check the firmware I get the result of : Cannot Load Firmware List. Please Retry - click on retry to no avail.
The only other option on that screen is to Restore Factory Results - tried that, nothing.
I  see the other chap that answered did have exactly the same issue - I also received a network issue before  getting stuck at 99%.

When running Assistant 2 you are logged into your DJI account on Assistant 2 ?
2019-8-21
Use props
Nigel54311
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 8-21 16:15
When running Assistant 2 you are logged into your DJI account on Assistant 2 ?

Yep logged in as me - it used to show the firmware from the aircraft, now just shows cannot load firmware list.
Everything on the a/c is working, telemetry both ways all good - just no video - Grrr!
2019-8-22
Use props
Nigel54311
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Anyone advise where I  can get the firmware written back to the drone - this is unbelievable, update drone as requested, their software screws up and we are left to carry the can.
DJI - be ashamed of yourselves, I am disgusted with you - phone support useless, kept getting cut off and given the run around.
2019-8-23
Use props
Nigel54311
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Quick update - now using different version of Assistant 2 - now shows current f/w of :V.00.00 0000, but will not let me update to any of the 3 versions it lists - get failed update on each. Uploaded logs as it suggested.
Do DJI get in touch or what?
2019-8-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nigel54311 Posted at 8-26 09:19
Quick update - now using different version of Assistant 2 - now shows current f/w of :V.00.00 0000, but will not let me update to any of the 3 versions it lists - get failed update on each. Uploaded logs as it suggested.
Do DJI get in touch or what?

What happens when you try to update using DJI Go 4 ?
2019-8-26
Use props
Nigel54311
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 8-26 13:17
What happens when you try to update using DJI Go 4 ?

Tried holding down the 3 bars on the right for 5 seconds, then gives me the update page with message of nothing to update firmware version 1.9.3 - guess that is for the remote. Would send screen shot, not sure how to on here.
2019-8-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nigel54311 Posted at 8-29 15:48
Tried holding down the 3 bars on the right for 5 seconds, then gives me the update page with message of nothing to update firmware version 1.9.3 - guess that is for the remote. Would send screen shot, not sure how to on here.

V1.9.3 is the RC.

With all powered up and connected , and a good wifi feed to your display device, look at 'About' in 'General Settings' menu on  DJI Go 4.

In there you should see which versions are currently loaded in your devices, and can check for and update from there if needed.

If the RC is not at V1.9.3, or the Aircraft is at one of the older builds, then you may have transmission problems as DJI changed the encryption method used on signal between RC and Aircraft.

Have a look at the release notes, in particular the one where it mentions the V1.9.2 RC upgrade (dated 2017.07.06), that may explain why you are having video problems:-

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Release_Note_en.pdf

If I remember correctly and the RC was at a build prior to V1.9.2, or it was at V1.9.2 (or higher), and the Aircraft was at an older build then there would be videi transmission problems due to incompatibility.

2019-8-30
Use props
Nigel54311
lvl.2

Aardvark Posted at 8-30 01:06
V1.9.3 is the RC.

With all powered up and connected , and a good wifi feed to your display device, look at 'About' in 'General Settings' menu on  DJI Go 4.

Thanks for the info - apologies for being slow, had to go away for work. Back now, still the same problems, tried loading a screenshot, not sure whether it will work. Guess I am stuck with this firmware at 00.
The app is 4.3.24, Remote controller 1.9.3, when I hit the check for updates on the aircraft, just get the spinning sun symbol, that just sits spinning forever.
2019-9-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Nigel54311 Posted at 9-23 11:30
[view_image]

Thanks for the info - apologies for being slow, had to go away for work. Back now, still the same problems, tried loading a screenshot, not sure whether it will work. Guess I am stuck with this firmware at 00.

Have you tried relinking the RC to the P4, a two minute job ?

I would try that next, it seems odd that you have full control yet no video, also DJI Go 4 interrogates the aircraft for its firmware build number, it doesn't appear to be getting that information.
2019-9-23
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>

I assume your drone is no longer in warranty ? Has your drone suffered any crashes at all ?
2019-9-23
Use props
Yangusarium
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210919 ft
Spain

Any fix for this issue? I'm having the exact same problem! Firmware update got stuck at 99% and now the firmware version shown is 00.00.0000.

I can fly the drone and get all data from the drone on the controller (battery, altitude, distance,...), but I simply get no image.
2020-6-2
Use props
djiuser_V4GPUgazQrTt
New

United Kingdom

Big apologies, been busy loosing my job Other than that - still dead drone - was going to use redundancy money to get it fixed - anyone in the UK know of any shops that would be able to sort this out.
Sorry Ben Mason, in answer to your question, flown like a nun - never crashed, not even a heavy landing - long out of warranty! Out of options - sounds like I'm not the only one as well.

Help please!
Thanks,
Nigel(seems the system logged me on as a newby - I am Nigel54311 - will sort that out later)

2020-6-3
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Might I suggest using Heliguy. They have been very helpful to me in the past and I believe they are approved by DJI.
2020-6-7
Use props
djiuser_V4GPUgazQrTt
New

United Kingdom

Slow again - thanks embayweather, will look Heliguy up - just checked and still unable to update from V00.00.0000 it loads all the way across (using DJI assistant 2) 99% then comes back with update failed - gives me an option to upload the failure log (which I do) but don't know where that goes. Nagged DJI enough - still no response from them, I think they want me to log a repair case - cheek of it, was flying fine till their update crippled it. Will update with any comments from Heliguy, thanks all.
2020-6-18
Use props
Nigel54311
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Seemed to have sorted out the login now - djiuser_V4GPUgazQrTt is me, for whatever reason came up with that obscure name, at least thats sorted, thanks all. Just the drone to fix now!
2020-6-18
Use props
Saima
lvl.1

Kenya

Hi Nigel, did you manage to fix the firmware problem, am still into my 2nd year with the same problem and no assist from anywhere? Let me know if you ever managed to update from V00.00.0000.
2021-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules