WTF, Litchi??? (SOLVED ... sort of ...)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

My aerial photography business is specializing in high resolution panoramic imagery. Mainly for this reason I purchased Inspire 2 with X5S camera, a set of sufficient lenses and CrystalSky monitor. After intensive research I purchased venerable Litchi app, which works flawlessly shooting panoramic sequences … Recently been hired to create virtual panoramic tour above a resort in remote area of Canadian Rockies. After 1000 km trip to nearest town and another 75 km of bumpy ride in 4x4 driven by resort owner I finally arrived in beautiful valley with log cabins at the shore of blue lake … With perfectly cooperating weather I’ve set my equipment like many times before just to receive these messages on CrystalSky screen ...

Say what???!!! Are you kidding me, Litchi??? Nearest McDonald restaurant with WiFi is 75 km away!!! WTF???

Needless to say, client’s laugh was rather short and sour … I love you, Litchi, but you owe me big time. 2500 CDN, to be exact. And pretty good explanation of this absurd ...

EDIT: Once back home and connected to my WiFi, the issue dissappeared after launching Litchi app. Further investigation revealed awkward Amazon Store procedure of periodical licence validation, which is performed in the background. If I only knew that before ...

Screenshot_2019-08-21-08-11-52.png
Screenshot_2019-08-21-08-11-12.png
2019-8-20
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Personally one of the biggest reasons why I never fly with Litchi....
2019-8-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Can you manually refresh the licence and do they publish how long it lasts?
2019-8-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ouch.
Hope they get it fixed (they probably will soon)
2019-8-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 8-21 06:13
Ouch.
Hope they get it fixed (they probably will soon)

I don't know, I can't even find a way to contact Litchi. Conveniently there's no such option on Litchi website ... Draining my credit card during app purchase via Amazon Store ... oh yes, that was fast, easy and immediate ...
2019-8-21
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-21 07:13
I don't know, I can't even find a way to contact Litchi. Conveniently there's no such option on Litchi website ... Draining my credit card during app purchase via Amazon Store ... oh yes, that was fast, easy and immediate ...

You can get hold of them here, support@flylitchi.com.

Mark G.
2019-8-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We're sorry to know about what happened to the application. This concern should be raised to it's designated department for further details. Thank you for your support.
2019-8-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Mark Guille Posted at 8-21 07:44
You can get hold of them here, .

Mark G.

Thank you, Brother Mark ... I'm on my way to McDonald restaurant ... going to order a burger, connect my devices to their WiFi and throw a life into Litchi again ... Ranting on Litchi support channel will be next thing to do ...
2019-8-21
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-21 09:26
Thank you, Brother Mark ... I'm on my way to McDonald restaurant ... going to order a burger, connect my devices to their WiFi and throw a life into Litchi again ... Ranting on Litchi support channel will be next thing to do  ...

you can also contact them via their facebook page or group.
2019-8-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-21 07:13
I don't know, I can't even find a way to contact Litchi. Conveniently there's no such option on Litchi website ... Draining my credit card during app purchase via Amazon Store ... oh yes, that was fast, easy and immediate ...

I have contacted them before. Just via email.
2019-8-21
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-20 21:50
Personally one of the biggest reasons why I never fly with Litchi....

Is what?  I’ve only heard of this situation once.  This once.
2019-8-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Oracle Miata Posted at 8-21 12:12
Is what?  I’ve only heard of this situation once.  This once.

I think I know where the problem is and why nobody else experienced such situation... It's me, I'm the problem. I'm the last alive dinosaur, one and only drone pilot on this planet who's occasionally entering the forbidden zones with no cellular coverage, no Internet. Scary, horrifying places ...
2019-8-21
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 8-21 12:12
Is what?  I’ve only heard of this situation once.  This once.

I've heard about it more than once...
2019-8-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-21 17:50
I think I know where the problem is and why nobody else experienced such situation... It's me, I'm the problem. I'm the last alive dinosaur, one and only drone pilot on this planet who's occasionally entering the forbidden zones with no cellular coverage, no Internet. Scary, horrifying places ...

Matthew,
that is a really big flaw IMO.  Could be it be related to updates on the CS device?  I do not own the software, but does it require renewal? my Autopilot App was $40 several years ago and never needed more money for the updates

Another thought, you were most likely out of cellular range, to use your phone as a hot spot??

Out where you work...…., you might need a Sat-Phone
Rich  
2019-11-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 11-1 19:37
Matthew,
that is a really big flaw IMO.  Could be it be related to updates on the CS device?  I do not own the software, but does it require renewal? my Autopilot App was $40 several years ago and never needed more money for the updates

Rich, this extremely rare issue was strictly related to Amazon's mechanism of software licence validation via network connection. It's performed periodically in the background while CS is connected and Litchi is launched. In this case I was off the grid for 2-3 weeks before it happen, and had no access to a network at the spot. Would I know that before, there will be no issue. Apparently I'm the one and only to ever witness it, since even Litchi team never heard of such.

Cheers,
Matthew.
2019-11-2
Use props
Huawei De Guzman
lvl.4

Philippines

mAIRs Posted at 10-31 19:33
Stay out DJI guy... this has nothing to do with you.... you don't raise problems or concerns with anyone regarding your own software let alone with your (potentially superior software) competition... you just claim to with empty words....
First pull your finger out and start updating and fixing bugs in your pro accessories, CrystalSky Go4 before you write meaningless rubbish like that....

7 Down-votes!

2019-11-5
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-2 13:55
Rich, this extremely rare issue was strictly related to Amazon's mechanism of software licence validation via network connection. It's performed periodically in the background while CS is connected and Litchi is launched. In this case I was off the grid for 2-3 weeks before it happen, and had no access to a network at the spot. Would I know that before, there will be no issue. Apparently I'm the one and only to ever witness it, since even Litchi team never heard of such.

Cheers,

Sorry to hear that Matthew.... Hope that never happens again. You most likely are going to need to check the App (check list)  before going remote.

Rich
2019-11-5
Use props
Joe_CZ
lvl.2
Czechia

Mathew, that must have been terrible experience.
Do I understand properly that it was not caused by Litchi but by Amazon ?
Anyway it was not your fault as it was some stupid expectation of that we all must be online.
Best, J
2019-12-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Joe_CZ Posted at 12-19 11:43
Mathew, that must have been terrible experience.
Do I understand properly that it was not caused by Litchi but by Amazon ?
Anyway it was not your fault as it was some stupid expectation of that we all must be online.

That is correct, Litchi is not at fault. This is Amazon Store mechanism of protecting digital content. Very rare situation of being offline for long time ...
2019-12-19
Use props
djiuser_mbXBmmLAMI9H
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134091 ft
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2019-11-2 13:55
Rich, this extremely rare issue was strictly related to Amazon's mechanism of software licence validation via network connection. It's performed periodically in the background while CS is connected and Litchi is launched. In this case I was off the grid for 2-3 weeks before it happen, and had no access to a network at the spot. Would I know that before, there will be no issue. Apparently I'm the one and only to ever witness it, since even Litchi team never heard of such.

Cheers,
I just had that happen to me too so let’s make it two people it has happened to.
Sorry yours happened when on a job. That’s bad. Mine was a fun mission so no loss but it was frustrating.
2020-7-26
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_mbXBmmLAMI9H Posted at 7-26 07:57
I just had that happen to me too so let’s make it two people it has happened to.
Sorry yours happened when on a job. That’s bad. Mine was a fun mission so no loss but it was frustrating.

Haha, now we can establish a club!
2020-7-26
Use props
t-train
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30961 ft
Australia

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2020-7-26 08:47
Haha, now we can establish a club!

Just happened to me too... gotta fix it now lol.... there should be some sort of warning about it though IMO
2021-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules