RSS Control Cable for Panasonic
7407 19 2019-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stormrider27
lvl.1

United Kingdom

https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-sc-rss-control-cable-panasonic

When is this product going to be released? On release, DJI website stated early August; no mention of date now though, just states as out of stock.

Ronin-SC isn't much use without being able to have any control over my camera.
2019-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi stormrider27, we are so sorry for the inconvenience caused because the cable is out of stock, we do not have the estimated date yet, please leave your email on the page and we will send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock.
2019-8-22
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's a bit of a joke now, Ronin S no cable for Sony so the new Ronin sc has no cable for Panasonic. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the added expenditure it's the fact it's not in stock worldwide, on backorder. Come on DJI it's getting ridiculous now, release the cable for Panasonic
2019-8-24
Use props
C4E_Michael
New
Germany

So that I understand correctly: BEFORE I bought the Ronin SC Pro Combo I checked the compatibility for my Lumix DC-G9 and this list is saying that it is compatible using the cables delivered with the Ronin SC Pro Combo package. But it does NOT work with the delivered cables.
Not for the Focus (see pic "Ronin SC Focus.jpg"

Not for USB C from Ronin SC to my DC-G9 micro USB-B
   to   

Not for the Focus-Ring from Ronin SC to my DC-G9 micro USB-B or DC-G9 Remote

It will be understood if I am quite angry about it. Especially because I urgently needed this for my upcoming vacation and a wedding video shoot.
Sorry DJI, that's absolutely not professional. It would have been very easy to say that the DC-G9 is NOT compatible using the Ronis SC Remote-System.
The Gimbal itself is amazing, but useless for me without the Remote Control for my DC-G9. So

Now I need to rent a Gimbal for my 4 Week holiday and the wedding video shooting.
2019-8-24
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

C4E_Michael Posted at 8-24 05:09
So that I understand correctly: BEFORE I bought the Ronin SC Pro Combo I checked the compatibility for my Lumix DC-G9 and this list is saying that it is compatible using the cables delivered with the Ronin SC Pro Combo package. But it does NOT work with the delivered cables.
Not for the Focus (see pic "Ronin SC Focus.jpg"
[view_image]

As frustrating as it is, and I  do get your annoyance, it is however just an oversight in production Im sure.

All is not lost as you can still use your Ronin SC by operating your cameras shutter and editing what you need in post. Its a great gimbal, you can still manage to use it in manual mode. Not ideal, but thats all you can do.
2019-8-24
Use props
C4E_Michael
New
Germany

M2Wair Posted at 8-24 05:31
As frustrating as it is, and I  do get your annoyance, it is however just an oversight in production Im sure.

All is not lost as you can still use your Ronin SC by operating your cameras shutter and editing what you need in post. Its a great gimbal, you can still manage to use it in manual mode. Not ideal, but thats all you can do.

For sure DJI didn't want to frustrate customers like me, but they accept it. And yes, the gimbal is great, as I already mentioned in my Post. But when I order a PickUp Car and I got a convertible delivered, I got a nice car nevertheless. BUT I ordered the PickUp for specific reasons.
In my case, I could have saved 100,- EUR buying the SC Version instead of the SC Pro Combo.

And by the way: Does DJI send a replacement delivery for the missing cable for free? And when?
Really, I don't think so, cause I am just a single frustrated customer and the replacement delivery would cause some costs and efforts for them which do not count on them.

So yes, I will need to order and buy the cable on my own, have extra costs and a (very nice) gimbal with functions I can't use at all (until I have the missing cable).

@DJI: Please share a public notice on your website regarding the problems with the Lumix DC-G9.
2019-8-25
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

C4E_Michael Posted at 8-25 01:24
For sure DJI didn't want to frustrate customers like me, but they accept it. And yes, the gimbal is great, as I already mentioned in my Post. But when I order a PickUp Car and I got a convertible delivered, I got a nice car nevertheless. BUT I ordered the PickUp for specific reasons.
In my case, I could have saved 100,- EUR buying the SC Version instead of the SC Pro Combo.

Seriously, I get you and share your annoyance.

My story: with The Ronin S I had to purchase an additional cable for my Sony, now here I am again with the Ronin SC I have to buy an additional cable for my Panasonic, am I annoyed, yes, seriously annoyed. But accept I must pay out again to get my Ronin SC working as it should.

Do I want to, hell no, but thats the choice I have. Been there, done that, got the Tshirt, and starred in that movie.

So No the replacement cable isnt free, and never will be,  it will cost. The issue is currently knowhere on the planet have Panasonic cables for the ronin sc, and DJI are slow releasing them with no date on the horizon. So trust me, I'm just a little annoyed.
2019-8-25
Use props
TalkNoJutsu
lvl.1
Australia

Ohh wow will this work on a GH4?
2019-8-26
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

TalkNoJutsu Posted at 8-26 18:30
Ohh wow will this work on a GH4?

Yes, but only with the right cable, which still has a worldwide shortage. Go figure.
2019-8-26
Use props
moicel
lvl.1

Austria

I'm waiting for the cable to be in stock now for exactly 1 month. Such a joke.
2019-8-27
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

moicel Posted at 8-27 04:43
I'm waiting for the cable to be in stock now for exactly 1 month. Such a joke.

They certainly don't seem to be in a rush to manufacture and release the Panasonic camera cable for sure. Its very short sighted and an incredibly poor service from DJI, not what I anticipated on ordering the SC.
2019-8-27
Use props
C4E_Michael
New
Germany

Even after a few days, I have not calmed down yet. I have rethought everything again and checked again if I did something wrong. Did I skip something in the official description of DJI and Ronin SC? Is it pointed out somewhere that remote access with the Lumix DC-G9 does not work? The answer is NO !!!! In the official document of DJI "Ronin_SC_Camera_Compatibility_List_en_0807.pdf" is OFFICIALLY documented that the Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 IS WORKING with the cables delivered in the Box. THAT IS A LIE and I even would say this is illegal.
I'm so naive to think that DJI reads and watches the content of this forum, but I have the impression that it leaves the support completely unimpressed.

Don't get me wrong, the DJI Ronin SC itself is a nice product. But other companies like Zhiyun have nice products too.

And NO, if I could send the Gimbal back, I would. But after installing and using the Gimbal for some Tests, the Gimbal is used and can not be redelivered anymore :-(
For the Wedding Shooting I organized another Gimbal, with extra costs, extra effort. Damn, I am so angry about this.

This is not a good custom service @Team of DJI Support! :-(
2019-8-27
Use props
Harryscopic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1422920 ft
Spain

C4E_Michael Posted at 8-27 11:07
Even after a few days, I have not calmed down yet. I have rethought everything again and checked again if I did something wrong. Did I skip something in the official description of DJI and Ronin SC? Is it pointed out somewhere that remote access with the Lumix DC-G9 does not work? The answer is NO !!!! In the official document of DJI "Ronin_SC_Camera_Compatibility_List_en_0807.pdf" is OFFICIALLY documented that the Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 IS WORKING with the cables delivered in the Box. THAT IS A LIE and I even would say this is illegal.
I'm so naive to think that DJI reads and watches the content of this forum, but I have the impression that it leaves the support completely unimpressed.

With the Ronin RC  (standard) I received a USB C cable, a USB C to micro USB adapter and a USB C to micro USB cable. Don't they work with the Lumix G9? In the third photograph above you can see where the micro USB connects, have you tried it?
2019-8-29
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cable is now in stock guys.
2019-8-31
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>

For those interested.. fully tested the lumix G80 with the Ronin SC and dedicated rss cable for Panasonic  and the 'only issue' is the shutter realease cannot be operated from the Ronin SC.  Everything else works as it should ........flawlessly.

A minor issue was with the wiring whilst using the focus wheel, not a big issue and simple to tidy up with velcro straps,

OTHERWISE IT'S GOOD TO GO.

Tested so far: Sony a7ii - a7iii - lumix G80 - lumix GH5s
2019-9-3
Use props
chrisdutton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14511 ft
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 9-3 01:38
For those interested.. fully tested the lumix G80 with the Ronin SC and dedicated rss cable for Panasonic  and the 'only issue' is the shutter realease cannot be operated from the Ronin SC.  Everything else works as it should ........flawlessly.

A minor issue was with the wiring whilst using the focus wheel, not a big issue and simple to tidy up with velcro straps,

Does it allow you to use back button focus and also change focus using the focus wheel?
2019-10-30
Use props
FlatFaceX
lvl.1

Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-22 23:40
Hi stormrider27, we are so sorry for the inconvenience caused because the cable is out of stock, we do not have the estimated date yet, please leave your email on the page and we will send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock.

I have Ronin SC pro and Lumix G7 and i buy RSS For Panasonic. But this setup dont work. Fast record on the Ronin don't work, timelapse don't work. Ronin App last version, Ronin firmware last version, Lumix last version. What's settings you yoused?
Please help (;
2019-10-31
Use props
nik19dji
New

Taiwan

FlatFaceX Posted at 10-31 03:58
I have Ronin SC pro and Lumix G7 and i buy RSS For Panasonic. But this setup dont work. Fast record on the Ronin don't work, timelapse don't work. Ronin App last version, Ronin firmware last version, Lumix last version. What's settings you yoused?
Please help (;

fast record function supposed to not work because its not triggered by shutter button, timelapse should be work fine since its triggered by shutter button, I suggest u try it without the gimbal first, maybe u just miss some timelapse settings, good luck!
2019-11-1
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

FlatFaceX Posted at 10-31 03:58
I have Ronin SC pro and Lumix G7 and i buy RSS For Panasonic. But this setup dont work. Fast record on the Ronin don't work, timelapse don't work. Ronin App last version, Ronin firmware last version, Lumix last version. What's settings you yoused?
Please help (;

Sorry, but I dont know what you are doing that you cant get it to work, but it all works fine and dandy for me. Use the app to create your timelapse and create it in post. If you still cant get it to work post a video showing your attempts and somebody will point you where youve gone wrong. Good luck.
2019-11-2
Use props
paulfreary
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all - finally found a thread that may help me. I have just bought the Panasonic Lumix g9 here in UK as it came with a RONIC sc gimbal. Cant connect the camera to the gimbal with the USB supplied in order to activate the shutter? The cable is usb c type to usb micro - should it be a usb (from gimbal) to a RCC on the top right of the camera? - so i need to purchase the extra cable?
2020-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules