FAQ of DJI Digital FPV System
26532 37 2019-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

1.Does the DJI Digital FPV Transmission system support third-party goggles?
No, third-party goggles are not supported.

2. Does the DJI Digital FPV Transmission system support third-party remote controllers?
The DJI FPV Air Unit cannot receive third-party remote controller's signal directly. You can use a third-party receiver with the system to control a third-party remote controller. In this case, however, the 7 ms ultra-low latency performance cannot be achieved.

3. Do the DJI FPV Goggles come with a fog-dispersing fan?

Yes, there is a fan built in the DJI FPV Goggles. There is also a vent in the foam padding, so the fog can disperse quickly and you can enjoy a better FPV flying experience.

4. Does the DJI FPV Air Unit support third-party cameras?

No, the DJI FPV Air Unit does not support third-party cameras. The DJI FPV camera is a 4 megapixel, 120 fps camera, which can give you a better user experience.

5. What module transmits the DJI FPV Goggles' battery information—the flight controller or the air unit?

The battery information is transmitted from the Betaflight flight controller's OSD.

6. What is the "integrated system" mentioned on the official website?
The "integrated system" indicates that users can set and adjust parameters for the DJI FPV Remote Controller, DJI FPV Air Unit, DJI FPV Goggles, and flight controllers via the DJI Digital FPV Transmission system.

7. Is there a restricted area for the DJI Digital FPV Transmission system?
The DJI Digital FPV Transmission system is a digital video transmission system, which is not capable of GPS positioning or communicating with mobile devices. Whether the drone is restricted depends on the flight controller. It also should be noted that users should follow local regulations before using the DJI Digital FPV Transmission system.

8. What racing drone simulators are supported by the DJI FPV Remote Controller?

The DJI FPV Remote Controller supports DRL, DCL, Liftoff, and all other mainstream racing drone simulators on the market.

9. What is the transmitter power of the DJI FPV Air Unit?

FCC/SRRC: 700mw
CE: 25mw

10. Does the DJI Digital FPV Transmission system support the Mavic, Spark, and other series of aircraft?
No. The DJI Digital FPV Transmission system is a high-definition, low latency video transmission plan specially designed for racing drones, and it does not support DJI aircraft such as the Mavic or Spark series aircraft.

11. Does the DJI Digital FPV Transmission system support DJI Care?
No, the DJI Digital FPV Transmission system does not support DJI Care.

12. Can both control sticks of the DJI FPV Remote Controller re-center?

No. The DJI FPV Remote Controller has two versions, mode 1 and mode 2, and both remote controllers' throttle sticks cannot re-center.

13. Does the DJI Digital FPV Transmission system support the customized OSD of Betaflight?
Yes. Since firmware version V01.00.05.00, custom on-screen display information: home point direction, home point distance, altitude, and GPS speed is supported.

14. Can the DJI Digital FPV Transmission system be used on a fixed-wing plane or a model vehicle?
Yes.

15. How do the DJI FPV Goggles receive power?
The DJI FPV Goggles should be powered by the lithium polymer via the XT60 port. Using the 4S battery is recommended.

16. Is welding required before using the DJI FPV Air Unit?
Yes, you need to weld the corresponding cables on a third-party flight controller before using it.

17. Does the DJI Digital FPV Transmission system support INAV fixed-wing plane flight controllers?
Currently, the DJI Digital FPV Transmission system does not support INAV fixed-wing plane flight controllers.

18. What racing drone flight controllers are supported by the DJI FPV Air Unit?
The DJI FPV Air Unit supports F3, F4, and F7 flight controllers that support the Betaflight firmware.

19. For the DJI Digital FPV Transmission system, how many channels are supported?
FCC: Seven, plus one public channel.
SRRC/CE: Three, plus one public channel.
MIC: Two, plus one public channel.

20. Do the DJI FPV Goggles support analog video transmission?
Yes. As the DJI FPV Goggles support AV-IN function, users can connect the DJI FPV Goggles to a third-party analog video transmission receiver via the AV-IN port to receive analog video transmission signals.

21. Can the DJI FPV Goggles output real-time images?
Yes. Firmware since v01.00.05.00 added ability to view HDMI live broadcast by connecting the goggles to the DJI Smart Controller (v01.00.07.00 or above). By connecting the goggles to the DJI Smart Controller using USB-C cable, users can see the camera view of the air unit on the screen of the Smart Controller, and then can transmit the live view from the Smart Controller to other display devices through an HDMI cable.

22. Does the DJI Digital FPV Transmission system support a head tracking system?
Currently, head tracking is not supported.

23. How many viewers can connect to the same DJI Digital FPV Transmission system?
In audience mode, the number of viewers is unlimited.

24. What are the differences between the mode 1 DJI FPV Remote Controller and mode 2 DJI FPV Remote Controller?
The mode 1 DJI FPV Remote Controller's right control stick is the throttle stick, while the mode 2 DJI FPV Remote Controller's left control stick is the throttle stick.

2019-8-20
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

With enough engineering experience, can you make the 700mW into 2W or even a 20W with cooling?
2019-8-24
Use props
dirty0124
New

India

asdfasfs asf sadf safdsa fdsaf dsaf
2019-8-24
Use props
kd40pg3R0lPl
New
Philippines

sbus is no working anymore of my fpv air unit...i tried on different flight controller but to no avail...i just flew my quad for only 2 days....video still working but for radio transmission not working
2019-8-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the info
2019-9-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for sharing
2019-9-5
Use props
fansa70442db
New

kd40pg3R0lPl Posted at 8-27 00:53
sbus is no working anymore of my fpv air unit...i tried on different flight controller but to no avail...i just flew my quad for only 2 days....video still working but for radio transmission not working

Did you try the nhl protocol?
2019-9-10
Use props
Protonus
lvl.1

Is there a thread / feature request somewhere, for better foam / face shield options? I cannot get over how HORRIBLY these new goggles fit! They are painfully bad, with tons of light leakage. Clearly it was never tested before release on a "western" face.  

We desperatly need new foam / faceshield options.
2019-9-19
Use props
FPV Thailand
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1206775 ft

I ordered those, its not perfect but no more light leakage. Just stick 'm on top
https://www.lazada.co.th/product ... 618-s134534313.html
2019-9-20
Use props
FPV Thailand
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1206775 ft

Protonus Posted at 9-19 10:32
Is there a thread / feature request somewhere, for better foam / face shield options? I cannot get over how HORRIBLY these new goggles fit! They are painfully bad, with tons of light leakage. Clearly it was never tested before release on a "western" face.  

We desperatly need new foam / faceshield options.

FPV Thailand
lvl.2
Flight distance : 386811 ft

9#
I ordered those, its not perfect but no more light leakage. Just stick 'm on top
https://www.lazada.co.th/product ... 618-s134534313.html
2019-9-20
Use props
SnackThat
New

Can i use the DJI FPV Series Remote for the DJI Simulator over the USB-C Cable or do i have to get a ppm simulator adapter kabel?
2019-9-25
Use props
99knives
New

I'm wondering the same thing- I can't seem to figure out how to get liftoff to recognize my DJI radio controller. What cable do I need to buy?
2019-9-28
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>

99knives Posted at 9-28 18:16
I'm wondering the same thing- I can't seem to figure out how to get liftoff to recognize my DJI radio controller. What cable do I need to buy?

I have the same question.  What cable are people buying?  I'm hearing mixed feedback about what cable works in the DJI FPV Remote Controller (RC).  

Looking for a validated/testd cable that connects to the Simulator PPM port  on the RC.    Can anyone give me a link?
2019-10-2
Use props
fans2b101c37
lvl.4

RGMGFitness Posted at 10-2 07:59
I have the same question.  What cable are people buying?  I'm hearing mixed feedback about what cable works in the DJI FPV Remote Controller (RC).  

Looking for a validated/testd cable that connects to the Simulator PPM port  on the RC.    Can anyone give me a link?

This amazon link points to a USB adapter that looks absolutely identical to the one I have.  No guarantee that it will work, but it really should.
https://amzn.to/354m9UO (affiliate link)

This amazon link points to an adapter that others in the DJI Facebook group have said works for them.
https://amzn.to/2NsiXfP (affiliate link)

And if you need more help, here is a little video I made about the DJI radio being used with Liftoff:

2019-10-2
Use props
fans2b101c37
lvl.4

99knives Posted at 9-28 18:16

Did you find an adapter that works for you?  If not, my last post in this forum has a couple options that should work.
2019-10-2
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>

fans2b101c37 Posted at 10-2 10:01
Did you find an adapter that works for you?  If not, my last post in this forum has a couple options that should work.

Thank you!  I'm going to check this out.  Will let you know if it works or not.  And, thanks for the video (was looking for something like this too!).   Cheers!  
2019-10-3
Use props
djiuser_lliH9EF4uXI1
lvl.1

United States

Is there a way to hard reset the air unit? I was updating the system but it stopped at 95% and now it won't connect to DJI Assistant.
2019-10-21
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Why do I keep getting messages that say "switching to public channel" in the middle of my flight.  It never seems to switch off channel 1, but the messages keep appearing.  What do they mean?
2019-12-6
Use props
SpiderMonkeyFPV
lvl.1

United States

mc54 Posted at 12-6 13:52
Why do I keep getting messages that say "switching to public channel" in the middle of my flight.  It never seems to switch off channel 1, but the messages keep appearing.  What do they mean?

I get the same issue.  I started a new thread to address the issue.  I have two quads and have the same issue on both.
2019-12-7
Use props
fansda338aea
New
Flight distance : 797 ft
United Arab Emirates

I will be using this system in an airplane along with the controller. Is it possible to trim on the controller during flight? I am worried that I may need to to keep straight and level. Thanks
2019-12-11
Use props
IngoLueck
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6804 ft
Germany

can I change frome a mode1 Controller to mode2 controller?
2019-12-11
Use props
RedshiftFPV
New

United States

I am having black screen when switching to Analog Input.  My analog signal works on my 7" screen.  I have updated to the latest firmware as of this posting.  Please help.
2019-12-11
Use props
RedshiftFPV
New

United States

RedshiftFPV Posted at 12-11 17:17
I am having black screen when switching to Analog Input.  My analog signal works on my 7" screen.  I have updated to the latest firmware as of this posting.  Please help.

I must add, I can record the analog input but the screen is black in real time.  When  i play back the recording... clear as day.  I downgraded to the previous firmware and the issue went away.  I then upgraded the firmware and the issue came back.
2019-12-11
Use props
RedshiftFPV
New

United States

RedshiftFPV Posted at 12-11 22:18
I must add, I can record the analog input but the screen is black in real time.  When  i play back the recording... clear as day.  I downgraded to the previous firmware and the issue went away.  I then upgraded the firmware and the issue came back.

RCChim gave me the answer!  Just change the screen size from 100% to 80 % and then back to 100% again!  Done and Done!
2019-12-11
Use props
fansa0b96f5d
New
France

Hi guys, hopefully someone can help me? I just received my iflight Bumblebee with integrated DJI FPV Air unit, and have successfully activated and updated the FPV goggles, drone (air unit) and the DJI FPV remote, as well as linked all 3 to each other. Although everything seems to be working fine, with all the correct settings showing in the remote configuration and the drone and remote being connected, when I switch on the “Arm” switch (SA switch), nothing happens and my drone won’t respond to any commands.

Can someone help me resolve this issue? What am I doing wrong or what am I not doing?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Don
2020-1-23
Use props
Kreeze
lvl.4

United States

fansa0b96f5d Posted at 1-23 00:43
Hi guys, hopefully someone can help me? I just received my iflight Bumblebee with integrated DJI FPV Air unit, and have successfully activated and updated the FPV goggles, drone (air unit) and the DJI FPV remote, as well as linked all 3 to each other. Although everything seems to be working fine, with all the correct settings showing in the remote configuration and the drone and remote being connected, when I switch on the “Arm” switch (SA switch), nothing happens and my drone won’t respond to any commands.

Can someone help me resolve this issue? What am I doing wrong or what am I not doing?

Take a look at this video Joshua Bardwell made for troubleshooting your issue
2020-1-23
Use props
fpv-Gustl
New

Austria

where do i find the Pin assignment of the 3,5mm AV-in
2020-2-1
Use props
Bol2riz
lvl.3

France

Hi,
Is the dji radio signal LHCP ?

Thanks
2020-2-3
Use props
fans3c51b8b3
New

United States

Can I use the DJI controller on other quads. For example a tinyhawk?
2020-2-10
Use props
SugarGreg
New

Netherlands

Can I record on airunit in 4:3 but watch screen in 16:9?
2020-2-13
Use props
BLIND
lvl.2

Spain

12. Can both control sticks of the DJI FPV Remote Controller re-center?
No. The DJI FPV Remote Controller has two versions, mode 1 and mode 2, and both remote controllers' throttle sticks cannot re-center.

My controller went to take it today and magically the two sticks with rebound / spring have been activated and they are centered. Any solution?
2020-2-17
Use props
PCARRO
lvl.1
Spain

fansa0b96f5d Posted at 1-23 00:43
Hi guys, hopefully someone can help me? I just received my iflight Bumblebee with integrated DJI FPV Air unit, and have successfully activated and updated the FPV goggles, drone (air unit) and the DJI FPV remote, as well as linked all 3 to each other. Although everything seems to be working fine, with all the correct settings showing in the remote configuration and the drone and remote being connected, when I switch on the “Arm” switch (SA switch), nothing happens and my drone won’t respond to any commands.

I have the same problem with the Iflight Bumblebee I’ve just received. Have you solved the problem?
2020-4-19
Use props
Zhiran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1061115 ft
Iraq

djiuser_lliH9EF4uXI1 Posted at 2019-10-21 08:49
Is there a way to hard reset the air unit? I was updating the system but it stopped at 95% and now it won't connect to DJI Assistant.

did you figure any way to reset the air unit?
2020-4-25
Use props
aksimoN
lvl.1

Poland

How to connect Mavic Mini Remote Controller to Liftoff. Is it possible?
2020-5-24
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bol2riz Posted at 2-3 03:17
Hi,
Is the dji radio signal LHCP ?

Yes it is.
2020-5-26
Use props
djiuser_Uza4JjKj5JzO
New

United States

kd40pg3R0lPl Posted at 2019-8-27 00:53

I have same prolbem
2020-8-4
Use props
Kreeze
lvl.4

United States

look to see if you have sbus baud fast enabled on your flight controller and/or dji system (via settings in the goggles). if those settings don't match your transmitter won't work
2020-8-4
Use props
djiuser_jFvPTzdjyMvm
lvl.2
Canada

fans3c51b8b3 Posted at 2-10 09:32
Can I use the DJI controller on other quads. For example a tinyhawk?

I’d like to know that as well!
....anyone?
2020-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules