Hiking to Heybrook Lookout and Heybrook Ridge
3042 8 2019-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Washington Cascades outside of Index, WA.  Two hikes nearby one another.  Both roughly 3 miles roundtrip and both approximately 800 feet of elevation gain.

2019-8-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks for sharing your work with us. Beautiful footage!
2019-8-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats a serious hike! Thanks for sharing
2019-8-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

thats some stairs to climb, thanks for sharing.
2019-8-22
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-22
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

That sound like me, after 2 times up and down the stairs to my 2 floor apartment.
Really leaving home i do not want to forget to bring something, or at least not remember i have forgotten something before its too late to turn the car around and go back.
2019-8-22
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

peiter Posted at 8-22 04:41
That sound like me, after 2 times up and down the stairs to my 2 floor apartment.
Really leaving home i do not want to forget to bring something, or at least not remember i have forgotten something before its too late to turn the car around and go back.

I'm in the process of re-editing and re-uploading the video to substitute a musical track instead of my coarse breathing!  

But I know what you mean.  My house is two stories over a basement.  In the old days I used to make the 3 floor trek quite regularly - oh, darn that tool is still in the basement - down three floors and back up three floors.  There was one day I must have made 50 trips including climbing up to the attic as I was trying to pull wire from the basement to the attic and it required a lot of up and down.  But that was a few decades ago.  

2019-8-22
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Thanks for the positive comments, ALL.

It is actually not super difficult but I could be in better shape.  I'll leave it to a geographer to figure out the grade.  About 1.3 miles up 800 feet.  I've since looked up the height of the tower - 73 feet, so the deck below the cabin is about 60 feet.  Usually you canNOT access to cabin part as it is now rented out and there's a hatch to prevent even climbing up to its level so you cannot even peer in.  I've been up there four or five times and this was the first time someone renting it graciously allowed up to visit the upper cabin.  

After that first hike, we hiked down, drove a mile or two and hiked to a ridge with the same name and a slightly different perspective.  That's the last portion of the video - just panning left to right and back.  About the same elevation and distance.  It's a good couplet hike.
2019-8-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ff22 Posted at 8-22 06:42
Thanks for the positive comments, ALL.

It is actually not super difficult but I could be in better shape.  I'll leave it to a geographer to figure out the grade.  About 1.3 miles up 800 feet.  I've since looked up the height of the tower - 73 feet, so the deck below the cabin is about 60 feet.  Usually you canNOT access to cabin part as it is now rented out and there's a hatch to prevent even climbing up to its level so you cannot even peer in.  I've been up there four or five times and this was the first time someone renting it graciously allowed up to visit the upper cabin.  

You're most welcome! May you please always have a safe flight with your DJI drones. Cheers!
2019-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules