Phantom 3 pro , weak gps in follow me, will not accept.
1598 4 2019-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LarsC
lvl.1

Denmark

i just bought a Phantom 3 pro from a friend, really fine and no crashes or damage, everything good, fly good, but
when i wanna make follow me, it says Weak Gps in red and dont accept.My friend never used follow me, so he cant help.
I tryid different places  with same result, had suddenly a strong signal, but only for few seconds.
My firmware are updated with the latest software.
Point of interrest works,  Waypoints works
DJI online support tryid to help, but nothing of what they say works.
Also reinstalled the Dji GO app.
My mobile is IphoneX (10)

2019-8-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Follow me mode feature would require a GPS signal to your mobile device as the aircraft would rely on this to follow the movement. Therefore, it's recommended to turn on the GPS detection of your mobile device when using the Follow me mode. Please refer to the screenshot below.

2019-8-21
Use props
LarsC
lvl.1

Denmark

DJI Tony Posted at 8-21 13:52
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Follow me mode feature would require a GPS signal to your mobile device as the aircraft would rely on this to follow the movement. Therefore, it's recommended to turn on the GPS detection of your mobile device when using the Follow me mode. Please refer to the screenshot below.

[view_image]

Hi Tony
I understand and the detection of the mobile is fine.
Today I switch of the wifi and just had data connection, that helped a little, but it’s still very unstable, weak and strong gps coming and going all the time and mostly weak.
Where should I turn on the gps detector, on mobile or Drone ?
2019-8-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

LarsC Posted at 8-22 05:47
Hi Tony
I understand and the detection of the mobile is fine.
Today I switch of the wifi and just had data connection, that helped a little, but it’s still very unstable, weak and strong gps coming and going all the time and mostly weak.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. The GPS on the mobile device should be enabled for you to use the Follow me mode. However, both the mobile device and the drone should detect a strong GPS signal to maximize the usage of your unit.
2019-8-25
Use props
LarsC
lvl.1

Denmark

DJI Tony Posted at 8-25 10:36
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. The GPS on the mobile device should be enabled for you to use the Follow me mode. However, both the mobile device and the drone should detect a strong GPS signal to maximize the usage of your unit.

The drone and phone have very strong gps satellite connection.
I already found out what the problem.
It’s your company problem, because the app is not really optimised for newer iPhones.
I connected an old android tablet and a old 5c iphone and both working fine.
Ask DJI Stephen about it and because he gave me the idea.
So as i already wrote in another place, even the phantom 3 pro is not very old, we can only use older iPhones .
But DJI could also upgrade the app and make it optimised for newer phones or equipment, so we don’t need to use a lot of time to find out about ourselves.
There is a lot who have this problem and your answers is just that it’s their phones who have bad gps
Regards
Lars
2019-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules