Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Australia's Central Desert, another in HLG format
1269 36 2019-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Latest in my series in the M2P's Hyper Log Gamma (HLG) HDR format, tricky to color grade but I think worth the effort.

2019-8-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Superb footage,  especially love the Camels walking.
2019-8-22
Use props
Blizzard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173734 ft

Belgium

What a footage! Great work!
Thx for sharing!
2019-8-22
Use props
Gelert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WOW - just WOW - fabulous video with magnificent colour - the long shadows seem to give a 3D effect and a feeling you can reach into the screen - great job
2019-8-22
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fantastic footage! Thanks for sharing.
2019-8-22
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 8-22 06:15
Superb footage,  especially love the Camels walking.

Thankyou DAflys, yes the camels were very cooperative!
2019-8-22
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

christangey, have to agree with the other folks.  I really like the way you did the l--o-n-g shadows, best I've ever seen in a photo.  For a Yank -  what is the big white area?  Salt, Ice???   Thanks for sharing.l
2019-8-22
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Superlative. Was that Ayers Rock in background of opening scene?

2019-8-22
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

HH1 Posted at 8-22 16:49
christangey, have to agree with the other folks.  I really like the way you did the l--o-n-g shadows, best I've ever seen in a photo.  For a Yank -  what is the big white area?  Salt, Ice???   Thanks for sharing.l

Thanks HH, I think with shots like that it's the old rule "it's just as important what you frame out as what you frame in", as just at the end of that pointy shadow was a highway but I kept it out to give more of an isolated feel. I also color-graded the shadows quite dark to give the contrast.
2019-8-22
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

HH1 Posted at 8-22 16:49

sorry didn't answer your other question...Australia does have Alpine areas believe it or not, but in the outback that can only be salt!
2019-8-22
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Marty Markoe Posted at 8-22 18:23
Superlative. Was that Ayers Rock in background of opening scene?

Yes it was Marty, I was shooting it WAY outside the Park.
2019-8-22
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-22 08:20
Fantastic footage! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks DJI Gamora, always happy for a comment from you, you see a LOT of videos!
2019-8-22
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Blizzard Posted at 8-22 06:31
What a footage! Great work!
Thx for sharing!

Thanks Blizzard!
2019-8-22
Use props
christangey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27719574 ft
  • >>>
Australia

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-22 07:34
Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!

Thanks to you David
2019-8-23
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Extremely good!
2019-8-23
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Appreciate that Captain
2019-8-23
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Gelert Posted at 8-22 07:29
WOW - just WOW - fabulous video with magnificent colour  - the long shadows seem to give a 3D effect and a feeling you can reach into the screen - great job

Thanks to you too Gelert, glad you like it
2019-8-23
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

My pleasure..
2019-8-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

christangey Posted at 8-22 23:09
Thanks DJI Gamora, always happy for a comment from you, you see a LOT of videos!

It's my pleasure Christian. Cheers!
2019-8-23
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
United States

christangey Posted at 8-22 21:11
sorry didn't answer your other question...Australia does have Alpine areas believe it or not, but in the outback that can only be salt!

REALLY!  Didn't know they had large areas of salt like that in the land of Aus.  Thank you for the video and also for answering the question.  Cheers
2019-8-23
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

HH1 Posted at 8-23 14:12
REALLY!  Didn't know they had large areas of salt like that in the land of Aus.  Thank you for the video and also for answering the question.  Cheers

We have many dry lakes and salt lakes, in fact our largest is about the same size as your state of Ohio. Australia is big, about the size of the continental US so although the interior is generally drier, we still have just about every type of environment you do from tropical jungle to Alpine regions. A fun fact is that in winter the Australian Alps have more snow on them than the whole of Switzerland!
2019-8-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very nicely done
2019-8-23
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

A J Posted at 8-23 15:31
Very nicely done

Thanks again AJ
2019-8-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2019-8-23
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Wonderful footage, well done
2019-8-24
Use props
christangey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27719574 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jacksonnai Posted at 8-24 06:56
Wonderful footage, well done

thanks for your continuing encouragement Jacksonnai
2019-8-24
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
United States

christangey Posted at 8-23 15:21
We have many dry lakes and salt lakes, in fact our largest is about the same size as your state of Ohio. Australia is big, about the size of the continental US so although the interior is generally drier, we still have just about every type of environment you do from tropical jungle to Alpine regions. A fun fact is that in winter the Australian Alps have more snow on them than the whole of Switzerland!

Oh yes, I know that Australia is very big in land area, however not about the "alpine area" or the salt areas.  Truly want to thank you for the information, a lesson well learned.  I have always wanted to visit there but, never get the time or money.  In the old Internet Relay Chat rooms at the Uni 0f Queensland in Brisbane, I was made an "honorable Australian" many years ago, back in the 1980's.  DID feel honored  Thganks for the video and the knowledge.
2019-8-25
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

HH1 Posted at 8-25 08:04
Oh yes, I know that Australia is very big in land area, however not about the "alpine area" or the salt areas.  Truly want to thank you for the information, a lesson well learned.  I have always wanted to visit there but, never get the time or money.  In the old Internet Relay Chat rooms at the Uni 0f Queensland in Brisbane, I was made an "honorable Australian" many years ago, back in the 1980's.  DID feel honored  Thganks for the video and the knowledge.

Thanks Howard, by the way is that goose still intact? If you were an honorary Aussie way back then, then you sure as hell still are now! By the way I have another page on vimeo that might give you a small idea of our diversity but, like the USA, you would need your entire life, and more, to see the whole country https://vimeo.com/showcase/6068834
2019-8-25
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

christangey1 Posted at 8-24 16:23
thanks for your continuing encouragement Jacksonnai

No problem mate!
2019-8-25
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
United States

christangey Posted at 8-25 16:48
Thanks Howard, by the way is that goose still intact? If you were an honorary Aussie way back then, then you sure as hell still are now! By the way I have another page on vimeo that might give you a small idea of our diversity but, like the USA, you would need your entire life, and more, to see the whole country https://vimeo.com/showcase/6068834

Yes, I was well aware, that once an Aussie ALWAYS an Aussie, and proud of it  Yes considered it then and now an honor.   I am hoping that my eyesight gets better so that I can put some stuff on Vimeo as well.  We have some local parrots (Parrots in California?  TRUE!) that I want to catch with the drone camera.
2019-8-26
Use props
bikoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

very nice , thanks for sharing
2019-8-26
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

HH1 Posted at 8-26 18:09
Yes, I was well aware, that once an Aussie ALWAYS an Aussie, and proud of it  Yes considered it then and now an honor.   I am hoping that my eyesight gets better so that I can put some stuff on Vimeo as well.  We have some local parrots (Parrots in California?  TRUE!) that I want to catch with the drone camera.

I wish you well, I hope there is some solution. There seem to be lot of improvements in eye treatments and surgery nowadays.
2019-8-27
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
United States

christangey Posted at 8-27 04:55
I wish you well, I hope there is some solution. There seem to be lot of improvements in eye treatments and surgery nowadays.

Good wishes received, here's hoping.
2019-8-27
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

bikoo Posted at 8-26 22:02
very nice , thanks for sharing

glad you like it Bikoo
2019-8-28
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

HH1 Posted at 8-26 18:09
Yes, I was well aware, that once an Aussie ALWAYS an Aussie, and proud of it  Yes considered it then and now an honor.   I am hoping that my eyesight gets better so that I can put some stuff on Vimeo as well.  We have some local parrots (Parrots in California?  TRUE!) that I want to catch with the drone camera.

Actually HH, I forgot to mention the birds in my video are not parrots but red-tail black cockatoos
2019-8-30
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
United States

christangey Posted at 8-30 19:00
Actually HH, I forgot to mention the birds in my video are not parrots but red-tail black cockatoos

Mine will be Parrots, that have been here for a long time, maybe since the 1930's or 50's at least.  Of course these are the children and grand children of the originals.  Did notice your black birds though.
2019-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules