Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Balancing issues with A6400+iPhoneX (on top)+Videomicro (on side)
705 4 2019-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grfn
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone had success mounting and balancing the Sony A6400 with the 28-135mm kit lens (with smallrig cage) on riser+plate with the phone mount on the top with a phone similar to the iPhoneX WITH a small mic mounted to the side of the cage?

I have successfully balanced the Sony A6400 with cage all on it's own.. it may have been by pretty much luck, but I've redone it a few times, but adding the two additional items, Phone mount w/iPhoneX and the mic off to the side, balancing has so far been unrealized.

With the phone mount you can't tilt the cam backwards 90 degrees so I tip it forwards and do it get to balance, but then when I go to roll or pan -- the cam just doesn't seem to either clear the motors thanks to the twisting tighteners on the bottom or after I release the roll lock i am never able to get it to balance always seems right side heavy (looking at the gimbal from the front or opposite side of the tilt motor).  

That's been my major hang up.. can anyone give me some hints of balancing with the phone mount on top of the camera?  I would certainly appreciate it.  

Thanks //grfn
2019-8-22
Use props
Abraham Reyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried this? It works fine for two of my setups both holding an iPhone X:
a6500 + 18-105mm F4 G
a7ii + 24+70mm F2.8 GM
I use the riser plate and don't mount a mic on the side but I do mount the focus motor so as for weight, I guess the distribution could be the same.
2019-8-22
Use props
grfn
lvl.1
United States

gonna try it now.  will report back
2019-8-22
Use props
grfn
lvl.1
United States

Where do you have the clicky scale set to?  
2019-8-22
Use props
Abraham Reyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109951 ft
  • >>>
United States

grfn Posted at 8-22 18:30
Where do you have the clicky scale set to?

At around 2.6. You can also add counterweights to make it work.

Check these out from DJI:

2019-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules