1222 10 2019-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daymon W.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3131745 ft
  • >>>
United States

looking at geeting a spark. I have a mavic pro 2 but looking for a little dron to throw up and scout fast. any tips?

Thanks
Daymon

https://www.youtube.com/c/DaymonWarren

2019-8-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Daymon. Thank you for choosing DJI and for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best information with regards to this inquiry from our valued DJI co pilots who has the DJI Spark. In addition the DJI Spark is a mini drone that features all of DJI's signature technologies. For additional reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the overview, specifications and the frequently asked questions for the DJI Spark ( https://www.dji.com/spark?site=brandsite&from=nav ). Thank you.
2019-8-23
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Great idea! I've kept mine after I got a mavic 2 Zoom and have no plan to sell it. Fun little aircraft.
2019-8-23
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Other than size, if you already have a Mavic 2 Pro, if will be be like going from a Harley Davidson to a moped!
2019-8-23
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

I don't recommend it. They fail in line:
- loss of control due to a single and weak compass
- bad design may cause the battery to fail and the Spark to crash
- due to some power supply problem (nyut-nyut problem) jumps on board and lands unexpectedly (mine did and all of its propellers broke)

DJI does not make any statement regarding these errors.  

Gaming is expensive and unreliable for pro use.

2019-8-23
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

jyc Posted at 8-23 10:35
Great idea! I've kept mine after I got a mavic 2 Zoom and have no plan to sell it. Fun little aircraft.

I would keep mine too when I upgrade to a Mavic 2.
2019-8-23
Use props
NickEST1987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 587362 ft
United States

I love mine.  Crashed a few to many times though so I had to send it in for repair. (First drone ever owned)  Should have it back next week sometime (Can't wait. Miss flying)
2019-8-23
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The battery life sucks compared to the Mavic 2.  It's a lot slower in the air.  If you aren't doing close-up videos it sucks.
2019-8-23
Use props
MartyTravels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394173 ft
Germany

The new charges are probably working fine. Wouldn't recommend buying a used older model, they tend to fly (away) on their own or the battery just falls out ;-)
2019-8-25
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I have only a spark, and I envy the mavic and phantom for their ability to fly it out and away. 500ft is pretty far away, I can hardly see what it is doing, and it keeps doing things like loosing contact with all 21 satellites it had on takeoff. I use it for shooting around me, but don't have much luck shooting something over there.

It is VERY good at shooting close in videos, as long as 1080p is fine for you. In some of my videos it LOOKS like I've gone out a ways, but I walked along behind or beneath it.
2019-8-25
Use props
AlexQB
lvl.3
Flight distance : 352162 ft
Spain

Hi!
I did exactly the opposite, when I acquired the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum I decided to sell the Dji Spark and recover part of the investment. The difference in portability is not so much considering image quality.
2019-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules