Phantom 4 Pro V2 RC Signal lost.
10985 38 2019-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ld27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 302 ft
Brazil

My Phantom 4 pro V2 that is having signal problems.
Message: "Signal Adjust antenna. Weak Remote Controller. RC Signal lost. Aircraft Disconnect.", just 20m high. Always.
I´ve tried many things, I don´t know what to do anymore.
The Drone never fell and never entered the water.

Please, someone can help me?

2019-8-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ld27. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2. May I know if you have updated the firmware of the DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2 to its latest one? Please try to fly the said drone to a different location with less interference and see if the issue will still persist. Please make sure you adjust the antenna to the optimal range during the flight, and fly it farther firstly then higher, do not keep it straight above your head. For reference I will be posting an official DJI tutorial video on the remote controller antenna best practices. Thank you.

2019-8-23
Use props
ld27
lvl.1
Brazil

Thank you Stephens for your prompt reply.Like I said I tried a loto of things, that too.
See what happens:

2019-8-23
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

When you take off,  and fly straight up......the tips of the antennas are pointed at the aircraft.  That area directly at the ends of the antennas is a dead zone.

Try this,   Take off with the antennas as shown in the previous post.  fly to 3 meters and then forward 30 meters so the aircraft is out in front of you, and not directly above you.

The flat part of the antenna is where the signal is coming from,  not the tips.  Let us know........

Randy
2019-8-23
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

You have to manually select the frequency and set it to 10MHz.
2019-8-23
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-23 13:30
Hello and good day ld27. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2. May I know if you have updated the firmware of the DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2 to its latest one? Please try to fly the said drone to a different location with less interference and see if the issue will still persist. Please make sure you adjust the antenna to the optimal range during the flight, and fly it farther firstly then higher, do not keep it straight above your head. For reference I will be posting an official DJI tutorial video on the remote controller antenna best practices. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

I updated mine to the latest firmware after not flying for nearly a year, after about 15 ft high and 100 ft downrange, I completely lost signal, a totally black screen. I still had control of the aircraft, just couldn't see what it was doing. I did have it in sight the whole time. I downgraded the firmware back to where it was and will fly it again ,tomorrow. also I might add the when I powered up the aircraft, I had to do a stick calibration, before I could fly.
2019-8-23
Use props
ld27
lvl.1
Brazil

AntDX316 Posted at 8-23 18:51
You have to manually select the frequency and set it to 10MHz.

Hi AntDX31.
I saw another P4PV2 with the same problem, and he did just that, manually adjusted the frequency, in this case to 5.8mhz, and worked very well.
But I don't think it's right to have an expensive drone and not be able to use all its features.
This sounds like a design mistake by DJI.
I await response from DJI.
2019-8-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ld27 Posted at 8-26 13:05
Hi AntDX31.
I saw another P4PV2 with the same problem, and he did just that, manually adjusted the frequency, in this case to 5.8mhz, and worked very well.
But I don't think it's right to have an expensive drone and not be able to use all its features.

I was getting cut outs with the Smart Controller on the M2P.  I had to manually do the frequency but the real question would be, what happens if you get a strong interference, would you be able to select out of it?
2019-8-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

ld27 Posted at 8-26 13:05
Hi AntDX31.

Take no notice of AntDX316, he does not have a clue. Keep the channel selection on automatic, the feature is provided for a good reason. If you manually select the frequency and then fly into a zone where there is a strong interferring signal, the aircraft cannot change to an alternative control frequency and you may lose it.
2019-8-26
Use props
ld27
lvl.1
Brazil

Geebax Posted at 8-26 14:44
Take no notice of AntDX316, he does not have a clue. Keep the channel selection on automatic, the feature is provided for a good reason. If you manually select the frequency and then fly into a zone where there is a strong interferring signal, the aircraft cannot change to an alternative control frequency and you may lose it.

Yes, Geebax. You're right. but look what happens when I leave it on automatic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J06bAnu9IxI
2019-8-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

ld27 Posted at 8-27 03:55
Yes, Geebax. You're right. but look what happens when I leave it on automatic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J06bAnu9IxI

If I am not mistaken, you took off and rose vertically above the take off point, which is the worst position for the antennas. You should have moved away from directly overhead, and the message would probably have disappeared.
2019-8-27
Use props
DennisM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387733 ft
United States

You are near an airport.  Try a different location.
2019-8-29
Use props
Anokadrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

I have a V1 and have never seen a warning like that.  Channels on Auto.   One thing I noticed with mine is it seems to favor the 2.4 GHz band.  I usually have my antennas at a 45 degree angle to to the RC.  But I am out in the sticks a little but plenty of trees around.    I think if you try all the suggestions above and still get that warning, you have a hardware problem
2019-8-30
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 8-26 14:44
Take no notice of AntDX316, he does not have a clue. Keep the channel selection on automatic, the feature is provided for a good reason. If you manually select the frequency and then fly into a zone where there is a strong interferring signal, the aircraft cannot change to an alternative control frequency and you may lose it.

How do you fix it when you get constant strong interference in auto while on the ground?

10MHz still has frequencies to play with.  It's not fixed to 1 frequency.  It's frequencies within 10MHz like 5910 and 5920.

I like Auto too but every time it starts to hiccup I have to switch it to 5.8GHz and 10MHz in the air.  It's still in "Auto" I assume as I didn't select anything on the image transmission list.  When I open it, it selected one with Less signal.  I change it and it works perfect.

Auto is 2.4 and 5.8GHz.
2019-8-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-30 04:21
How do you fix it when you get constant strong interference in auto while on the ground?

10MHz still has frequencies to play with.  It's not fixed to 1 frequency.  It's frequencies within 10MHz like 5910 and 5920.

You are talking complete rubbish with those frequencies. Stop offering advice when you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
2019-8-30
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 8-30 15:00
You are talking complete rubbish with those frequencies. Stop offering advice when you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I just tested it when I went near Six Flags.  Unlike you, I have real-world experience.  Please tell everyone how much you know more than me.  Look at my products versus what you have.
2019-8-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-30 18:42
I just tested it when I went near Six Flags.  Unlike you, I have real-world experience.  Please tell everyone how much you know more than me.  Look at my products versus what you have.

Get off yourself. You have no idea what I do or don't know. Judging by what Phantom I have has nothing to do with knowledge. You are an ignorant baby, grow up.
2019-8-30
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 8-30 19:02
Get off yourself. You have no idea what I do or don't know. Judging by what Phantom I have has nothing to do with knowledge. You are an ignorant baby, grow up.

You are ignorant to know, you don't really know as much as me.  When you show people the wrong direction (sometimes I do too but when I don't have the real-world experience), you ruin their poor souls who will have drone issues as they don't have anyone to believe but who they feel the most connected with.  If someone has the correct information that you have Zero connection with and despise, you should take it but how are you supposed to know it's the correction information?

Most of the issues that happen in the world are due to lack of the most up to date information.
2019-8-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-30 19:21
You are ignorant to know, you don't really know as much as me.  When you show people the wrong direction (sometimes I do too but when I don't have the real-world experience), you ruin their poor souls who will have drone issues as they don't have anyone to believe but who they feel the most connected with.  If someone has the correct information that you have Zero connection with and despise, you should take it but how are you supposed to know it's the correction information?

Most of the issues that happen in the world are due to lack of the most up to date information.

Let's just begin with the fact that you have no idea how the DJI transmission system works, there is no such thing as "10Mhz" anything in their system. And I must apologise, I did say I would not engage with you and I broke that promise.
2019-8-30
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 8-30 20:23
Let's just begin with the fact that you have no idea how the DJI transmission system works, there is no such thing as "10Mhz" anything in their system. And I must apologise, I did say I would not engage with you and I broke that promise.

It's a 10MHz spread and the DJI transmission system when I used to use the wrong names.. this is one of the reasons why businesses change names and leaders.

We should just feel detached from our pride and stick to what does work the best.
2019-8-31
Use props
epsilonis8
New

Hey there, I'm a P4P V2 user and I am having the same problem. Happen on the third flight of the day (September 2019) . I've done everything, every tips and trick that the forum suggest i.e ( rebind remote, bind remote with my firend's phantom remote, update the latest firmware, update DJIgo4,) practically said, i've literally tried everything. My p4p v2 will lose signal after being away around 40m. The only way to solve this if i change to 5.8 ghz. 2.4 is a no-go. what happen when there's a place where it needs to change 2.4, will it be safe to only rely on 5.8.? Hope DJI solve this issue since i'd prefer using 2.4 signal.

btw, been using p4p v2 since february 2019

cheers
2019-9-12
Use props
fansb163f3a5
lvl.1

I have this problem too. Message: "Signal Adjust antenna. Weak Remote Controller. RC Signal lost. Aircraft Disconnect.", flight around 10-20 meter. Any solution ?
2019-10-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer

fansb163f3a5 Posted at 10-7 17:57
I have this problem too. Message: "Signal Adjust antenna. Weak Remote Controller. RC Signal lost. Aircraft Disconnect.", flight around 10-20 meter. Any solution ?

Yes, read through this thread, the answer is there.
2019-10-7
Use props
TriptyX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 349226 ft

Actually there is 10 or 20 MHz. That is the channel width, or the bandwidth for the given frequency. 10 MHz is more narrow and will carry less data but might be more stable in some cases since it is not spread as 20MHz. By default 2.4 will have less data throughput and more range. 5.8 will have less range and more data throughput. That is by design. In some cases there might be some interference on both bands and it might confuse the link on auto. But I never had any issues with mavic, phantom or lightbridge I use for cable cams.
2019-10-8
Use props
fansb163f3a5
lvl.1

Geebax Posted at 10-7 19:09
Yes, read through this thread, the answer is there.

I unable to select 5.8Ghz because many times i try to re-link following official dji procedure also fail and no respon. I think someting problem on transmit output power (Watt) from RC or  aircraft. Signal quality below 1mbps

Today very bad, signal lost when RC and drones are only 2 meters range. I already move 3 different location and 20km away from NFZ, problem "signal lost" still persist.

I ask DJI Malaysia authorize service center by phone call, he said possibly the problem come from aircraft main board or RC. They suggest bring back to factory for repair

2019-10-8
Use props
Agriculturist
New

Philippines

Im still experiencing weak signal transmission and sometimes aircraft disconnected. What's the best solution here for my problem? TIA
2020-2-12
Use props
djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Do not if you tried this. I had some of the same issues on my previous Pro 4 V.2.0. Select 2.4 GHz band only. Also I turn off Wifi on my Crystal Sky. After doing those things I have had zero issues. I just bought another V2.0 and set it up that way and again have had zero drop outs or signal loss. You may also just try turning off the wifi in your display device and leaving the controller operating on auto dual band to see what happens.
2020-2-12
Use props
ld27
lvl.1
Brazil

Agriculturist Posted at 2-12 00:07
Im still experiencing weak signal transmission and sometimes aircraft disconnected. What's the best solution here for my problem? TIA

Hi Agriculturist, unfortunately in my case the solution was to buy another radio controller.
2020-2-13
Use props
ld27
lvl.1
Brazil

djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz Posted at 2-12 08:18
Do not if you tried this. I had some of the same issues on my previous Pro 4 V.2.0. Select 2.4 GHz band only. Also I turn off Wifi on my Crystal Sky. After doing those things I have had zero issues. I just bought another V2.0 and set it up that way and again have had zero drop outs or signal loss. You may also just try turning off the wifi in your display device and leaving the controller operating on auto dual band to see what happens.

I tried everything but unfortunately in my case the solution was to buy another radio controller.
2020-2-13
Use props
Jebtir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1126516 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I'm in the same trouble. I've been down a signal for less than six feet. I've already tested it with the other radio and it's still the same thing. The problem is on the aircraft. So, DJI, how's this situation? 0 support to your customers!
2020-6-15
Use props
irfansafdarjang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17900 ft
Pakistan

ld27 Posted at 2019-8-26 13:05
Hi AntDX31.

Same problem with me after updating my bird fly only 20 to 30 feet and cut of the RC signals.... Only 5.8 freq working with in 1km. From last 10 days i can't find any solution to rollback RC. :-(
2020-10-25
Use props
Drayton
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111460 ft
United States

I took my Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 up yesterday 11/29 for a real estate job.  I was in a rural area.  Everything looked fine until I got about 50 ft. off the ground.  I got multiple messages for signal interference, adjust antennas, etc.  Screen went full black and the drone started the return to home function!  It was about 100 ft from me!  I saw in a different forum to turn off Airsense?  does anyone know the location of this?  Or have they tried this?
2020-11-30
Use props
phillp29
lvl.1
France

Hello, I am facing the same problems with my P4P as you in an area where I usually fly without problems... I am up to date with drone and rc firmwares. Yesterday during my flight in the countryside, I had a message on the remote control "weak signal" then "no video in the signal" and finally "drone disconnected" followed by an RTH of it. I tried in another place (non-urban), same problem and even on the ground as soon as the remote control is more than 10 m away, the connection between the remote control and the drone is cut (red led on RC). How did you finally solve your very similar problem? Thank you in advance for your feed-back Philippe
2022-11-3
Use props
djiuser_YhtA2753LHNi
New

Australia

Hi, can someone please help me. What does this message mean? Drone cannot connect to controller
2023-4-17
Use props
djiuser_YhtA2753LHNi
New

Australia

djiuser_YhtA2753LHNi Posted at 4-17 01:14
Hi, can someone please help me. What does this message mean? Drone cannot connect to controller

2023-4-17
Use props
djiuser_5Nj9wB4QitJ2
New

Greece

My drone was having signal and gps problems. Today while it was on a mission, without any warning message, the signal was lost and it flew away. I used "find my drone" but I couldn't spot it. Is there any solution? What should I do?
2023-11-5
Use props
ld27
lvl.1
Brazil

Hello. Sad to hear that. I had signal problems but I didn't lose my drone. My problem was the radio, I bought another one and it worked normally again.
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ld27 Posted at 11-6 02:51
Hello. Sad to hear that. I had signal problems but I didn't lose my drone. My problem was the radio, I bought another one and it worked normally again.

Hi, ld27. Sorry, you had to buy a new one but I am glad it is already working fine now. You can also send your drone or remote to us to get them fixed if ever you experience some issues. You just need to submit a repair request from the DJI support page or use this link: https://repair.dji.com/br/repair/index. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_5Nj9wB4QitJ2 Posted at 11-5 10:28
My drone was having signal and gps problems. Today while it was on a mission, without any warning message, the signal was lost and it flew away. I used "find my drone" but I couldn't spot it. Is there any solution? What should I do?

Hi there. Sorry about the experience.  If your aircraft cannot be found, you can report a flyaway case via Flyaway Service here: https://repair.dji.com/gr/repair/flyaway . After successful registration, a DJI customer service agent will contact you and communicate with the service solution. Have a nice day.
2023-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules