Best Wireless Hardrive to connect to IPAD to transfer OP Files?
4386 45 2019-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob Chisholm
lvl.1

BigStuart Posted at 9-2 06:46
I wasn't asking you a question, I was pointing out an inaccuracy in your post.

What did you think was in accurate Stuart ?
2019-9-16
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.3

Rob Chisholm Posted at 9-16 08:40
Hello djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7,

Enjoy your holiday.

I use a Mac.
Not sure of the format of the SSD (in the USB 3 caddy) but I think it’s Ex-FAT,  the iPad reads it. Not having it all in front of me is frustrating!
Pretty sure from following this thread that the combination of the Rav, an iPad (or iPhone), USB storage media and an Osmo Pocket will let you backup media from the card to the connected USB storage with the ability to check on success or progress using the iDevice.
Still not purchased LumaFusion so can’t comment on how it sits in the equation.
I hope I remember to respond at the weekend when we’re back home!
2019-9-16
Use props
Rob Chisholm
lvl.1

djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7 Posted at 9-16 09:49
I use a Mac.
Not sure of the format of the SSD (in the USB 3 caddy) but I think it’s Ex-FAT,  the iPad reads it. Not having it all in front of me is frustrating!
Pretty sure from following this thread that the combination of the Rav, an iPad (or iPhone), USB storage media and an Osmo Pocket will let you backup media from the card to the connected USB storage with the ability to check on success or progress using the iDevice.

Hello SG,

Thanks for the response when your home and have more time I be greatly for the knowledge.
Reading around it appears ok.
However I not finding the wifi transfer rate at 5 Ghz say how long to read and write a 1 gig file both ways over LAN.

A seller has this on their site and says "2) Does not work with Mac formatted hard drive."
Which would mean all Mac drives I have would appear not to work um
"Please note:

1) Due to the limitation of the Apple iOS system, you can ONLY access the Photos folder on your iPad/iPhone; Filehub is currently unable to sync with media files stored in iTunes to USB storage devices due to digital rights management (DRM).
2) Does not work with Mac formatted hard drive.

What's in the Box
1 x RAVPower Filehub (Model: RP-WD009)"
2019-9-20
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.3

Rob, not done the Wi-fi test as no real need, simply pop a card into an adapter and into the RAV. I’ll see if I can do one the beginning of next week.
Will get back about the other stuff too.

Tim
2019-9-20
Use props
BigStuart
lvl.3

Rob Chisholm Posted at 9-15 02:48
And what was the " inaccuracy in your post"

Go back and read it, I pointed it out.
2019-9-21
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.3

OK, quick update for Rob.

External drive is formatted ExFAT and is happily read by both the RAV and a Mac.
The limitation about the Photos only folder seems about right but need to do a bit more testing.  The RAV App happily backs up the contents of the Photos folder on the iPad, via Wi-fi.  It also, for some reason offers to back up ‘Contacts’
Whether this will change with IOS13, I have no idea just yet.
Will try to see how quick it transfers 1GB over Wi-fi later.
In terms of use with just an iPad and travelling with the Osmo Pocket it seems to cover the necessary bases.  So pop the uSD card in an adapter then into the RAV, plug in USB storage into the RAV and press the transfer button.  You can monitor progress using an iPad and also access the files once each one has fully copied across.  Personally I’d fill each uSD, back it up to the RAV and stash the uSD away somewhere safe. I wouldn’t copy the stuff off and re-use the card.  Not worth the risk given the low cost of decent cards.
RAV battery lasted at least 6 hours as I was messing about backing up the iPad. This includes powering the external M2 SSD (which got quite warm!)
2019-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules