DJI Osmo Action Let me down!! Bricked, Dead.
907 1 2019-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ShawUK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Purchased the Osmo Action over the GoPro for a 3 week US roadtrip of a lifetime. It functions fine days leading up to the trip.

Powering on when we arrived, no sound just live camera view. No HUD display, no response from the touch screen.
Record button shows SD card Initializing. I have 8 SD cards, all U3 speed, variety of brands, all work fine on my Sony compact recording at 100mbit.
If I wait 5 minutes or so, it shows Initializing failed - On any SD card.
Reboot with no SD cards allows me into menu, the touch response operates, Go to Factory reset... Loads and loads... Black screen. Nothing.
Remove battery to reboot.
Still has same problem on factory reset.
Unable to use wireless connection, doesn't let me reset WiFi settings, doesn't show WiFi name or password, Wifi doesn't function. So unable to upgrade firmware from phone.
Placing latest firmware in a formatted SD card and it loads, loads, heats up red hot, 'failed'

Purchased a replacement camera immediately while out there to not miss recording this trip. (Of course, all my SD cards work on both replacement camera and Sony RX100V throughout the holiday).

Emailed DJI, nothing they can help with, they want me to return it so they can try to repair it. They won't accept the return for a refund.

Thanks DJI!

2019-8-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry to read and knew about your frustrations and troubles you've had with your Osmo Action. We'll forward and seek the attention of the designated team for further assistance. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2019-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules