Go 4 App Uses A Lot of Storage Space
7561 10 2019-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I am trying to get more storage space on my iPhone 6S.   When I go to iPhone storage, the Go 4 app is 511mb but Go 4 documents and data show Go4 is using over 6gb of space. I have cleared in the app all photos, videos, etc using batch selection and delete.  If I go to Go 4 editor, no pics or videos show up. When I go to Me and Flight Records, there is the Growth of Value points, total flight time/distance/flights and other stuff.  Then, there is the Flight List with all the flights I've ever flown.  That must have a lot of data in it.  Is that where the 6gb is located?  Can I delete all these flights/logs and not affect the points, footprints and totals listed above???  Where else in the app could 6gb be???

2019-8-25
Use props
djcamera
lvl.3
United States

Clear your video cache.  It eats up crazy space on your phone.  When you clear it, it will even tell you how much space it's taking up.
2019-8-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to sync all your flight records thru DJI Go 4 application then try to uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the problem will still persist? Also, please make sure that your phone's IOS version is up-to-date as well. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-8-28
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
United States

Thank you!!!  Your suggestion worked...I freed up 6 GB of space by syncing and then removing/replacing the Go 4 app!!!
2019-8-29
Use props
djiuser_1hyCOT2sMHKl
lvl.1

United States

How do you properly delete those files without having to delete app and reinstall?
2020-8-24
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_1hyCOT2sMHKl Posted at 8-24 06:59
How do you properly delete those files without having to delete app and reinstall?

That's the only way to do it...sync your data, delete app and re-install.  When you do that you will lose all the cached Flight Lists, thumbnails, cached videos, etc.
2020-8-24
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

All of DJI's apps are memory hogs..  the ones for the OSMO series cameras are even worse than Go4 keeping multiple copies of all the pictures and only deleting one of them when you delete an image.  Only solution is to periodically delete and re-install the app.
2020-8-24
Use props
dalecannon
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-8-28 11:36
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to sync all your flight records thru DJI Go 4 application then try to uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the problem will still persist? Also, please make sure that your phone's IOS version is up-to-date as well. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

So I just synced all my flight records using the “sync your flight records” interface. I then deleted the app and reinstalled it. Now it appears I’ve lost all my flight logs. What did I do wrong and is there a way to retrieve them?!
2023-12-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

dalecannon Posted at 12-20 15:52
So I just synced all my flight records using the “sync your flight records” interface. I then deleted the app and reinstalled it. Now it appears I’ve lost all my flight logs. What did I do wrong and is there a way to retrieve them?!

Thank you for your notice and sorry for the inconvenience. Please make sure to use the same account and sync your flight records again to see if the problem persists. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress.
2023-12-22
Use props
dalecannon
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-22 04:09
Thank you for your notice and sorry for the inconvenience. Please make sure to use the same account and sync your flight records again to see if the problem persists. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress.

Ooook that worked. I didn’t realize I needed to resync after reinstalling the app. My mistake! Thanks!
2023-12-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

dalecannon Posted at 12-23 08:46
Ooook that worked. I didn’t realize I needed to resync after reinstalling the app. My mistake! Thanks!

You're most welcome. Please feel free to reach us anytime!
2023-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules