Can it support Activetrack 3.0?
2019-8-25
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Osmo Mobile 3 apparently supports Active Track 3.0 but I can't notice a difference between the functionality on the Osmo Mobile 2
2019-8-25
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-25 21:38
My Osmo Mobile 3 apparently supports Active Track 3.0 but I can't notice a difference between the functionality on the Osmo Mobile 2

My Osmo Mobile 3 still hasn't shown up on my profile yet?
2019-8-25
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-25 21:38
My Osmo Mobile 3 still hasn't shown up on my profile yet?

I mean using the Osmo Mobile 3 with the Osmo Action because you cannot use video stabilization and auto focus tracking if you are on 4k60 with the Note 10.  You can only do it on 1080p30 or 720p60 I think.
2019-8-25
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 8-25 21:48
I mean using the Osmo Mobile 3 with the Osmo Action because you cannot use video stabilization and auto focus tracking if you are on 4k60 with the Note 10.  You can only do it on 1080p30 or 720p60 I think.

Osmo Mobile 3 is a gimbal and doesn't require video stabilization except if you want that feature enabled but the MIMO software doesn't require that for the camera, especially while in Active Tracking. The Osmo Action would be something different.
2019-8-25
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-25 21:52
Osmo Mobile 3 is a gimbal and doesn't require video stabilization except if you want that feature enabled but the MIMO software doesn't require that for the camera, especially while in Active Tracking. The Osmo Action would be something different.

Yeah but if DJI can make it work together it would be even better as everything is more dialed-in to work together like an F1 driver's custom seat designed specifically for him and no one else and the suspension tuned specifically for their driving style to achieve the fastest possible lap times.

Sure it can still work if everything isn't 100% dialed-in but we would have better results if everything was designed and tuned from a bigger facility who has the industrial-grade scientific tools to measure and adjust.  Like how the camera gimbals are on their drones unlike trying to make stuff yourself and having some Jello, movement delays, unfluid motions during some transition movements, etc.

Like, we could get that 95% to 100% perfection.  In some areas of the world of products and services, to get that last 5% can cost a lifetime salary of some to get.
2019-8-25
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 8-25 21:59
Yeah but if DJI can make it work together it would be even better as everything is more dialed-in to work together like an F1 driver's custom seat designed specifically for him and no one else and the suspension tuned specifically for their driving style to achieve the fastest possible lap times.

Sure it can still work if everything isn't 100% dialed-in but we would have better results if everything was designed and tuned from a bigger facility who has the industrial-grade scientific tools to measure and adjust.  Like how the camera gimbals are on their drones unlike trying to make stuff yourself and having some Jello, movement delays, unfluid motions during some transition movements, etc.

a wealth of all good points that is duly noted...
2019-8-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Active track 3.0 for the Osmo Mobile 3 is already supported. However, during FPV mode, the active track 3.0 feature is not available in order to ensure the shooting stability. For the Osmo Action, we do apologize that it doesn't support this feature as of the time being. Thank you for understanding.
2019-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules