Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Issues with P4R Terrain Awareness Flight Planning
1986 2 2019-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TerraVia ZM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1009347 ft
Zambia

1. Clunky way of dealing with KMLs and DSMs
2. No integration of KML planning with Terrain Awareness
3. No integration of Linear planning with Terrain Awareness
4. Manual planning of Terrain Awareness is terribly glitchy (see video and picture)

Does any have any recommendations on how to plan a large survey area (700HA) with Terrain Awareness?

I can't import my KML file of the survey area and have it be planned with Terrain Awareness.

When I manually plan the mission in Terrain Awareness mode I get very weird flight paths (see image attached) even if I split the area into smaller blocks I get the same odd flight paths.

I will really appreciate any pointers anyone has for large area Terrain Awareness mission planning.

https://youtu.be/kH1742iPwnQ
20190825_212955.jpg
2019-8-25
Use props
TerraVia ZM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1009347 ft
Zambia

I have managed to plan the survey area with Terrain Awareness by making 6 smaller chunks. I had to move the border points a bit till I wasn't getting the glitchy flight paths.

I posted elsewhere, to delete DSM data that is either not working or you just want to delete you need to go into the Terrain Awareness Flight Planning screen and swipe the DSM you want to delete to the left.

A red button with bin icon will show up to the right of the DSM you've swiped. The button is extremely hard to press but after a few tries you'll get a hang of it.

I find pressing the button towards the bottom of it works best.

If anyone needs a guide on how to export SRTM DSM data to be recognised on the P4R remote I can write it up.
2019-8-26
Use props
Peter-Stikning
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8622 ft
Norway

TerraVia ZM Posted at 2019-8-26 22:49
I have managed to plan the survey area with Terrain Awareness by making 6 smaller chunks. I had to move the border points a bit till I wasn't getting the glitchy flight paths.

I posted elsewhere, to delete DSM data that is either not working or you just want to delete you need to go into the Terrain Awareness Flight Planning screen and swipe the DSM you want to delete to the left.

Update to your post.
Some time has passed and DJI has updated the app.
I can now import KML file for use with the terrain awareness module.
But as you also asks about, I would very much like to see the same options in this as I have in the ordinary flight planning.
I would also like to have opportunity to mark a point or area in the middle of the surveying area, and the P4RTK flying around taking pictures to this area / point in variabel heights.
This would be very useful when surveying around buildings and structures.
Would like to hear about your opinion about this?
2020-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules