Mavc 2 Zoom Image / Video Quality
983 4 2019-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJISparkie
lvl.4
Singapore

I just got my mavic 2 zoom, and as recommended by some youtubers, I have been shooting in D-Cinelike mode.      However, I realised the images and videos seem grainy, despite shooting in ISO 100.

I have some sample photos and video in this link: https://home.mycloud.com/action/ ... e-b16d-d609e3259

Camera Settings
ISO: 100
Exposure: 1/100
ND8 +PL (From DJI)
f/2.9
D-Cinelike

Is this normal or is there something wrong with the camera? IF NORMAL, How do I correct the grain in post?

2019-8-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For photography the shutter speed and use of ND filters are not that important unless you are looking to capture motion blur in the image. D-cinelike will flatten out the colours straight off the micro sd card as it is designed to support colour grading in post.
2019-8-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Turn on the histogram to see if your exposing properly.  ISO 100 + ND8 @ 1/100 seems a little low to me.
2019-8-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sure that our valued DJI Forum members would provide their recommendation to improve the video quality. Thank you for your support!
2019-8-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

first of all, only use Cinelike or LOG if you plan on editing photos after and if you plan on shooting in cinelike/LOG profiles to then edit them after and before sharing,  you should also consider shooting purely in DNG RAW as this give you the greatest latitude of data to work with in lightroom or photoshop.    if you planning on share right away and dont want to edit, then best to shoot in normal and JPG.

secondly, wouldn't shoot with ND filter if its overcast and dull out, sounds very counterproductive, specially on such a small sensor.   just for reference:  ND 8 = 3 stops of light being blocked, thats alot of light being blocked.  

finally good you are open about this because learning experience and best way to learn

2019-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules