landing gear servo stalling on M600
2795 4 2019-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nsantantonio
lvl.1

United States

The right landing gear servo is stalling when the landing gear is retracted on our M600. Sometimes this stall is overcome and the landing gear reaches full retraction, while other times it stalls long enough that the landing gear reverses and returns to the landing position. When raised on a platform, the indicator light goes red for a second or so while the servo stalls during leg retraction. I also hear that servo continue to try to work after the leg has reach the full down position, as though it is miscalibrated. I have re-calibrated the landing gear servos a few times, which indicate a green light after calibration. All of the hardware appears to be in good condition, although I dont know about the servo splines (I havent removed it to check).

DJI says they wont sell me a replacement part, and they dont seem to be available to purchase anywhere anymore. They told me I have to ship it in to repair it, which is going to take forever, and is simply not an option for me.

Has anyone had this issue? If so how did you resolve it.

The servo looks the same as the one for the S1000, and I have seen a few of those for sale. Anyone know if they can be swapped?

The aircraft is only 2 months old.. pretty bummed that this part failed. Fortunately it has only failed in the down position... not sure what I would do if it failed in the retracted position.

2019-8-26
Use props
ALIVINGSTON
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154928 ft
United States

Have you checked to make sure all of the screws are there in the landing gear?  If any one of them has backed out, or is missing, it will not retract properly.  Happens to us all of the time.
2019-8-28
Use props
Hudddi
New

Germany

Hi @nsantantonio,

is youre problem been fixed? Cause i have nearly the same issue as well.
2020-2-5
Use props
fans22436e6f
lvl.1

United States

@Hudddi Sorry for the late reply. Bought a new one from cloudcity about a month ago. May have been a fluke, as they are both backordered now:
right
left

I had trouble tracking one down when I initially looked last fall (2019). DJI wanted us to mail the entire drone back to them, and refused to sell me the part. Quite disappointed. I haven't installed it yet, so hopefully its fine.

The malfunctioning one acts like it just doesnt have quite enough "umph" to get the landing gear up. If I suddenly drop altitude when it hits the weak spot, it will go up. When I mess around with it on the ground, it sounds like its still pushing once it hits the top for maybe an additional second or two. I think it shipped faulty. Wonder if the splines are eaten up and its slipping. Anyway,  all the screws are tight, pretty sure the the servo is just faulty.
2020-2-12
Use props
nsantantonio
lvl.1

United States

Not sure why the links were scrubbed. anyway, try to post again, might have to google: cloudcitydrones m600 landing gear base

https://store.cloudcitydrones.com/dji-matrice-600-landing-gear-base-right.html?source=googlebase&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvJXxBRCeARIsAMSkApqB2jvi6WoMjCmaSAsMov9QPzbg8eQOT3sbWp7hbFSjdEsF0zN4LzwaAj2lEALw_wcB

https://store.cloudcitydrones.com/dji-matrice-600-landing-gear-base-left.html?source=googlebase&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvJXxBRCeARIsAMSkApo8LBrnT_oveqXUSjtKscr5ut5TYmSUxMSkDXqdii5oFrv3DV_NYvsaAkPfEALw_wcB
2020-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules