$1200 paperweight (Thank you DJI) Someone Please Help ddddddddddddd
6568 44 2019-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft

SkyJax Aerial Posted at 9-5 21:12
DJI gives you the ability to apply for custom unlocks, so as long as you have a COA for that airspace you’re good to go.

If not.....

This I know, as I have done this in the past.  What is strange, is that other drone operators state that either they cannot unlock OR they once were able to and can no longer.  Being powerless and grounded, with an expensive piece of equipment is nowhere near a good thing at all.  This will deter people from engaging in this industry, which has it's pros and cons.
2019-9-6
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft

I understand that enforced NFZs may be a problem for some, and I also do not like DJI taking my responsibilities for me, but I must admit that I have had few real problems with finding a place to fly even though my home is near several NFZs.

I  do have some concerns that people who fly their drones illegally may make it more difficult for me to fly my drones. Any bad press may cause politicians to tighten drone laws or make new ones. I don't think any of us want that.

We are all entitled to our opinion and currently mine is that I am OK with DJI NFZ enforcement.
2019-9-6
Use props
Trentzax
New

India

sounds great
2019-11-11
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with this post.. No company foreign or domestic needs to take over our products once purchased. All that should be needed is we hold such credentials and take responsibility. We have not bought any new DJI projects in years because of security concerns and this over reach of what we do with our equipment It's private. We purchased over a dozen Skdio and IR equipped Autel EVO 2 drones with smart controller just recently and DJInis loosing out. That's even though most pilots prefer the DJI manual flying PID tuning and software.  DJI will not keep market share if it doesn't change these major issues that hinder productivity and security. Noboby but the FAA needs to know where and when we fly.

DJI flysafe and NFZ idea is great for hobbyists not the professional pilots. DJI has invested mega bucks into this system on trade for somthimg. No business invests so much without something big in return.  

2021-10-4
Use props
NickelPlate
lvl.3
Flight distance : 506073 ft
United States

I think the real fault lies with all of the moron pilots who have caused enough incidents and bad press to get the FAA and other government agencies involved and basically ruin the RC aviation hobby in general for everyone. I've been flying R/C airplanes and helicopters for 30 years (yes I'm an old timer) wherever and whenever I wanted to and incidents like you see today were unheard of. Those days are gone and now you risk getting fined or worse. Almost everyone I flew with had safety and common sense in mind, flew in remote areas and never did anything stupid.

Back then, R/C aircraft were expensive, had to be built up from a kit which took weeks and you had to actually learn how to fly to be successful, which also took weeks. You had skin in the game and you didn't dare do anything to jeopardize your investment in time and money to risk your precious model that took an entire winter to construct. Becoming a successful pilot was a rite of passage. It was thrilling but scary and the price for mistakes was high. There was no self-righting, self hovering or RTH buttons to fly the thing back to you if it got away. Letting go of the sticks in bad situation would just cause a crash.

Enter the modern age of technology with smart quads that fly themselves, follow you around, avoid obstacles, return to home if you lose signal and are nearly impossible to crash. While all the technology that goes into these camera drones is wonderful stuff, it's also allowed (for better or for worse) anyone with relatively little expense, zero experience/knowledge of model aviation or how to fly, and no concern about safety or their environment to pick up a camera or fpv craft and do dumb things. It's always the same old story, a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

TLDR: You could always use one of the drone hack services to unlock everything. That's probably your best bet.

2021-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules