Charging Phone from Folded Osmo Mobile 3
5246 6 2019-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
laxwow
lvl.1
United States

hello,

Is it safe the turn the Osmo Mobile 3 on when it is in the folded position? I was hoping to charge my phone but not have to set up the osmo mobile 3 completely.

Thank you for your help!
2019-8-27
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

No, the device should not be turned on when folded.  You should be able to charge your phone from the Mobile 3 without turning on the gimbal.
2019-8-28
Use props
laxwow
lvl.1
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-28 02:18
No, the device should not be turned on when folded.  You should be able to charge your phone from the Mobile 3 without turning on the gimbal.

thank you for commenting on my tread.

I tried that and it does not change the phone when the Osmo mobile 3 is off. The Gimbal only charges my iPhone 8 plus when the it is turned on.

Is there a step I'm missing? I noticed if you hold the power button when turning on the device, it going into "standby" mode. in standby mode, the gimbal arm is "limp". ( haha sorry I'll stay on topic) Does that make is "safe" to turn the gimbal on in the folded position?
2019-8-28
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

• Connect your mobile phone to the USB-A port. If Osmo Mobile 3 is powered on, the mobile phone will begin to charge. If Osmo Mobile 3 is powered off, press the M button once to start charging.
2019-8-28
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

In other words, a quick press of the button, not a hold down.  
2019-8-28
Use props
laxwow
lvl.1
United States

nixuspix Posted at 8-28 10:05
• Connect your mobile phone to the USB-A port. If Osmo Mobile 3 is powered on, the mobile phone will begin to charge. If Osmo Mobile 3 is powered off, press the M button once to start charging.

Thank you!!

That is awesome that it can do that. I appreciate you helping me out on this!
2019-8-28
Use props
Nibraas Aleem Jaffri
New

United Arab Emirates

nixuspix Posted at 2019-8-28 10:05
• Connect your mobile phone to the USB-A port. If Osmo Mobile 3 is powered on, the mobile phone will begin to charge. If Osmo Mobile 3 is powered off, press the M button once to start charging.

So im going to buy the OSMO 3, i wanted to ask, is it possible to charge my phone using the usb-c port on the gimbal, since i have an iphone 12 which only has lightning to usb-c and not usb-a
2021-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules