Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nikp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123947 ft
Austria

I guys.
I finally got around to editing a video i shot from my vacation 2 years ago
It was quite hard to decide on which footage to use. I had more than 10 minutes of material for this part of my vacation (got 3 more folders with material left).
I tried to comprimise it so it would not be so long.

I would love to get some feedback from you guys. I'Ve only done some editing (shortening of clips, speeding up, dynamic zoom) and simple White Balance on some regions. No color correction on the video yet.
Please give me some feedback on how to make the video more interesting, how to get the shots to work better together. I also feel like i use the same trick everytime (speed up) to shorten the clips. Any ideas on how i could make these shots more interesting?

7EE29849-9D0B-42D2-96E0-BC13441D3200.jpeg
70A09071-9C87-4171-A194-3BC689EE4B88.jpeg
2019-8-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Nicely done,  good smooth footage,  my only suggestion is related to the darkness of some of the shadows in the trees.  These would be better if brighter.
2019-8-28
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Austria

DAFlys Posted at 8-28 01:40
Nicely done,  good smooth footage,  my only suggestion is related to the darkness of some of the shadows in the trees.  These would be better if brighter.

Thanks for the Tipp! Yes i still have to do some White Balance and Color Correction to get the lighting right! I only did basic White Balance for now.

Im still in the editing phase and am looking for some tipps for editing and transitions to make the footage more interesting.

Also does anyone have tipps for free creative commons music for footage? The track i have right now is just a test. ITs too dramatic for my taste.
2019-8-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice shots.
I have to say this is the hardest part of editing.
Removing everything that is not 95% right OR does not add anything to the story you want to tell.

I have given the video two looks and I think you can make it shorter (and more interesting to most viewers)

These shots might need some attention (my opinion of course)
0:28 transition with minimal changes between the shots. Delete one of them.
0:48 shot can be deleted, does not add much to the story, plus the motion is not very smooth.
1:18 shot can be deleted, not very smooth and almost the same as the previous shot.
1:30 shot can be deleted, not very smooth and almost the same as the next one. (which is better)
2:19 cut here, (when you stop moving backwards / up)
2:24 shot can be deleted, almost the same as 0:40 shot
2:32 shot can also be deleted.

That would make the video about half the length and still show a lot of beautiful shots

2019-8-28
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely video and a beautiful location - some of the scenes repeated or appeared to in areas so perhaps streamline the footage a little but this was great.
2019-8-28
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Nicely done, great video, thanks
2019-8-28
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Austria

Montfrooij Posted at 8-28 04:01
Very nice shots.
I have to say this is the hardest part of editing.
Removing everything that is not 95% right OR does not add anything to the story you want to tell.

Wow thats some awesome Feedback! Thanks so much Montfrooij! Gonna have to take some time and read through that a few times, till i get all the parts right, but thats exactly what i was looking for!
Yea the footage is amazing, but there is not much i could do wrong with such nice scenery
Just gotta go through a lot of really nice footage that wont make the movie
2019-8-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nikp Posted at 8-28 05:58
Wow thats some awesome Feedback! Thanks so much Montfrooij! Gonna have to take some time and read through that a few times, till i get all the parts right, but thats exactly what i was looking for!
Yea the footage is amazing, but there is not much i could do wrong with such nice scenery
Just gotta go through a lot of really nice footage that wont make the movie

You're welcome!
There is no right or wrong of course
Just opinions
2019-8-28
Use props
Slick1215
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239091 ft
United States

Dude, that scenery was unreal. I would be proud of not only being there but also to have use such beautiful sites. Great job!!!!
2019-8-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this awesome video of yours. Great work and thank you for your continued support!
2019-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks for sharing your work with us. We're sure that our valued DJI Forum members would provide their feedback in regards to this scenery. Nicely done!
2019-8-28
Use props
Arnie R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80958 ft
United States

I kinda liked the shots and there way you assembled everything. The music, however, didn’t seem to match the flow of the scenery.
2019-8-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done.
2019-8-28
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Austria

A J Posted at 8-28 04:08
Lovely video and a beautiful location - some of the scenes repeated or appeared to in areas so perhaps streamline the footage a little but this was great.

Thanks for the tipp, How would you suggest to go about streamlining the footage when you have way too much footage??
2019-8-29
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Austria

Arnie R Posted at 8-28 17:56
I kinda liked the shots and there way you assembled everything. The music, however, didn’t seem to match the flow of the scenery.

yes. i totally agree!

do you have tipps where i could get some fitting music for such videos? Im having a hard time finding stuff. Im not yet ready to buy music for such movies, looking for some creative commons stuff.
2019-8-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nikp Posted at 8-29 02:30
Thanks for the tipp, How would you suggest to go about streamlining the footage when you have way too much footage??

Only show the same angle once, include a hyper lapse, keep the transitions to max of 20 seconds and the overall vid to around 1-2 minutes - it depends very heavily on the location, subject matter and flying style - revealing shots such as flying backwards from a subject to reveal a stunning landscape can be more gripping than flying forward in a straight line. It all comes down to the individuals preference of course as what you like is all that is important and will almost always differ from another persons perception. While there are areas I may have done things differently it doesn't mean that your video isn't great as is.
2019-8-29
Use props
AlexQB
lvl.3
Flight distance : 352162 ft
Spain

Nicely done video!
2019-9-1
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4

Hey guys.

Thanks for all your tipps to my video!
I've been working on the video  and trying to improve it for the past days.
I've now finished the editing and color correction. I shortened it by almost a third and took out all the duplicate shots! Thanks for helping me do that!
Would love to hear your thoughts!!

2019-9-6
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft

Beautiful video. Wish I had made it

I'm only beginning to learn editing myself.

What have I learned? BE RUTHLESS! CHOP IT OUT! I thought this would be a good shot, but skip it. This pullback is pretty cool, but we don't need the 30 seconds leading up to it. There's a strong transition in the music here, so chop the last 3 seconds of this orbit so the scene changes on that transition. How about a few seconds of something else to fit here so there's not this jarring transition between two similar shots. This shot is about the same as earlier, so pick one and throw the other away.

The original cut of "Star Wars" kept interrupting the battle action to see this unknown kid walking down steps or doing something pointless. They chopped all that out and the first we saw of Luke was some time into the film whining. We immediately got the point that this exciting space battle was going on while the kid led a dull kid's life in the desert below.
2019-9-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

Nikp Posted at 9-6 12:15
Hey guys.

Thanks for all your tipps to my video!

You're welcome - great edit
2019-9-8
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4

I was finally able to finish the edit of this Video!
So happy it is finished now. It took way longer than expected.

Thanks so much to everyone who participated and gave me valueable tipps!
Gonna try to remember those things for the next videos i make!

2019-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules