Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phone doesn't recognize my new OP. Cannot activate
1067 8 2019-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JamesHarlan
lvl.1
United States

LG G6 phone with Android 8.0.0. USB-C connection. Brand new Osmo Pocket. Tried the simple steps:
1. Downloaded Mimo App.
2. Registered App and logged in
3. Connected OP to phone directly via USB-C connector
4. Turn on OP, press 'English' on touchscreen
5. Mimo App will open up after several seconds
6. I feel intermittent vibration from OP
7. Screen says 'device not activated'
8. press camera icon in top left corner of app > "Device Connection" page and message "Searching..." and " No Osmo Found"

then...nothing

I have tried this with and without WiFi turned on
I have rebooted my phone

I am frustrated and stuck.
Is this a defective pocket?  Any Suggestions?
2019-8-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>

What mode do you have your USB port set to?
2019-8-28
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Like previously mentioned, check you USB settings on your device.  If you can, try it on another device, if one is available.  Even try another cable.
2019-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would agree with the suggestions of Neo Supreme to try a different mobile device to see if this would be a compatibility matter or the Osmo Pocket wouldn't work properly. I've checked the compatible devices with the DJI Mimo and the Osmo Pocket, it seems that the LG G6 is not yet fully optimized with this application and Osmo pocket. For us to isolate this matter and easily identify the problem, you may try to use a different mobile device that part of our compatible list for further test. You may refer to the screenshot below for recommended devices that you could use.

2019-8-28
Use props
JamesHarlan
lvl.1
United States

Thanks so far.
UPDATE: This am I was able to get the OP to activate. So it works.
But the Mimo App still doesn't recognize the phone for its full functionality. It feels like the OP is ok, but it is a connection issue as suggested above.
I am away from the OP right now, but if I remember correctly, you can not adjust USB connection settings except and only when it is currectly connected.
When I am back home I will connect to OP, drag down from top screen to try to find USB settings.
What am I then looking for?
[  ] file transfer
[  ] charge only
[  ] (other?)

Thanks again. I don't yet want to return the camera if it is a simple connection issue.
2019-8-28
Use props
JamesHarlan
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 8-28 10:36
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would agree with the suggestions of Neo Supreme to try a different mobile device to see if this would be a compatibility matter or the Osmo Pocket wouldn't work properly. I've checked the compatible devices with the DJI Mimo and the Osmo Pocket, it seems that the LG G6 is not yet fully optimized with this application and Osmo pocket. For us to isolate this matter and easily identify the problem, you may try to use a different mobile device that part of our compatible list for further test. You may refer to the screenshot below for recommended devices that you could use.

[view_image]

DJI Tony. Thanks you so much for a timely response. It is helpful and potentially quite disappointing.  I am reluctant to change phone over completely just for this purpose and this gives me good reason not to return to the original vendor as I do not believe it is a defective OP without trying it out with another known-compatible phone. I'll update when I can.
2019-8-28
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

JamesHarlan Posted at 8-28 10:39
Thanks so far.
UPDATE: This am I was able to get the OP to activate. So it works.
But the Mimo App still doesn't recognize the phone for its full functionality. It feels like the OP is ok, but it is a connection issue as suggested above.

To answer your question you are looking to accept file transfers.
However, unless your phone can record video itself at the same resolutions and frame rates as the Osmo Pocket I doubt you will get full functionality at all frame rates or resolutions.
I can only use my phone with the Osmo Pocket at 1080p up to 30fps and even then with some lag.
2019-8-28
Use props
JamesHarlan
lvl.1
United States

Well, what I can gather is that although the website and packaging suggests that the OP is compatible with Android
Specifically from the packaging:
"Compatible with Lightning/USB-C Smartphone."
The truth is that there is limited compatibility. Now I am stuck with returning the OP, or keeping it and upgrading to another phone.
I am not happy. This will drive the overall cost upwards of $1000 now. Geez.
2019-8-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JamesHarlan Posted at 8-28 11:34
DJI Tony. Thanks you so much for a timely response. It is helpful and potentially quite disappointing.  I am reluctant to change phone over completely just for this purpose and this gives me good reason not to return to the original vendor as I do not believe it is a defective OP without trying it out with another known-compatible phone. I'll update when I can.

Thanks for the prompt reply. We do apologize for this inconvenience and we appreciate your understanding. Due to that, there are lots of devices that were released in the market, I'm afraid that we couldn't test it all for compatibility matter. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules