Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2019.08.28
  • Firmware: v1.1.0.0
  • DJI Ronin App   iOS: v1.2.2
  • DJI Ronin App   Android: v1.2.2
  • User Manual: v1.0

What’s New?
  • Added video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Sony A6000 cameras with supported E-mount lenses using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (Type-C) with a Multi-Camera Control Adapter (Type-C to Micro USB). To use autofocus on the Sony A6000, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Canon EOS RP cameras with supported RF mount lenses using Multi-Camera Control Cable (Type-C). To use autofocus on the Canon EOS RP, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Added Advanced Calibration feature. If the roll axis drifts after recentering the gimbal, enter the DJI Ronin app then System Status and select Advanced Calibration to fix the issue (requires DJI Ronin app v1.2.2 or later).
  • Added support for Ronin-S Command Unit.
  • Added support for Ronin 2 Remote Controller. The DJI Pro Wireless Receiver and Ronin-MX/S CAN Cable are required to use the Ronin 2 Remote Controller with Ronin-SC. Note that the mode switch feature is not currently available (requires Ronin 2 Remote Controller firmware v1.4.0.30 and DJI Pro Wireless Receiver firmware v1.2.0.10).
  • Added quick switch to 3D Roll 360 mode. Press M button three times to enter, and press three times again to exit.
  • Added Auto 3D Roll 360. When the gimbal is in 3D Roll 360 mode, push the joystick left or right twice to enable Auto 3D Roll 360. The gimbal rotates continuously without needing to hold the joystick. Press the trigger twice to stop Auto 3D Roll 360.
  • Added motor overload warning prompt in the DJI Ronin app. The warning prompt appears once the power of any axis exceeds 100. If this occurs, check if the camera is properly balanced and make sure the gimbal axis locks are in the unlocked position (requires DJI Ronin v1.2.2 app or later).
  • Optimized 3D Roll 360.
  • Optimized autofocus for Sony cameras. When the camera is in AF mode, press halfway on the camera control button to focus and release to stop focus.
  • Optimized focus for Canon, Sony, Nikon, and Panasonic cameras. The focus speed can be set from 1 to 100, replacing the previous settings of Slow, Medium, and Fast (requires DJI Ronin v1.2.2 app or later).
  • When using Canon, Nikon, and Fujifilm cameras, press the Ronin-SC power button once to disable the USB connection so that playback can be viewed and camera parameters can be set. Press again to enable the USB connection.

Notes:
  • Update the firmware through the DJI Ronin App. Make sure that the DJI Ronin App is the latest version when updating the firmware.
  • If the Ronin-SC has a camera attached and is turned on while updating the firmware. Make sure to protect the camera and lens as the motors will shut off during the update.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the Ronin-SC and retry.

2019-8-28
Use props
bikoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Thank you so much
2019-8-28
Use props
fans589cba4b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

THANKS!! this seems to have fixed the issue with the tilted horizon. after performing the advanced calibration it snapped right into perfect horizon.
2019-8-28
Use props
vincentp
New
Australia

What about video support for the XT3 and other fujifilm cameras? Without that it's pretty useless and awkward to start stop recording.
2019-8-28
Use props
Abraham Reyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you. Will force mobile ever include a feature to monitor video during it's operation?

I know I can use an external monitor but we all know that the phone is better on the go.

It is possible!

Look at what Zhiyun Tech did with the WEEBIL LAB almost a year ago (Release date September 28, 2018).

2019-8-28
Use props
Yveske D
First Officer
Belgium

wrong forum sorry...
2019-8-28
Use props
fansd65868ff
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi, I upgraded both firmware and iOS app. The zoom settings is still showing fast and slow options, not 1-255 as described in release note.

My camera is a6400
2019-8-29
Use props
Makakka
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Android app after update also don't support numeric zoom speed Now slow speed is much too slow -for me is unusable. Fast speed is too fast in some situations, I think is great to have medium speed or numeric option.

Let me know there is a chance to change focus using focus ring without follow focus motor (same like a zoom). I mean how to switch focus ring mode between manual focus and zoom.

My camera Sony a6300 with Sony 18-105 G PowerZoom lens.
Thanks for answers. New DJI user.

2019-8-29
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have tested the new FW with Sony A7iii and USB-C cable. Seems that IBIS and FaceDetect features get disabled when using this cable. Not so with USBMulti-cable. But as suggested, pushAF and Record button works. Thanks.Thanks for fixing the Panorama App. If you now could add an 'Overlap %' into the image calculation, would be awesome ;-)
Noticed 'external power' indicator at camera, however, didn't succeed in charging the internal battery. Camera ran out of power and shut down.
For me its back to the MMC multi cable.
2019-8-29
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338793 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Makakka Posted at 8-29 06:49
Android app after update also don't support numeric zoom speed  Now slow speed is much too slow -for me is unusable. Fast speed is too fast in some situations, I think is great to have medium speed or numeric option.

Let me know there is a chance to change focus using focus ring without follow focus motor (same like a zoom). I mean how to switch focus ring mode between manual focus and zoom.

Did you can use the pull focus function via control wheel on the a6300?
I can use the zoom function only. The Zoom works if you use the normal USB kable withot USB-C Adapter.
2019-8-30
Use props
akibo
lvl.2
Germany

Made the Firmware update. Focus doesn't work with Sony A6500 (also latest FW) and AF lens (Sigma DC 30mm) over USB-C > micro USB adapter. Will test with 18105 later, but can anyone with A6300 or A6500, who was successful with this elaborate on how he did this? Or was the release note a false claim?EDIT: well, actually it said "A6000", not A6xxx ...
2019-8-30
Use props
Guido Gabella
New

Argentina

Hi! I’m sony alpha user and want to know if this setup: a7s + metabones + canon 16-35 f2 it’s ok for the ronin sc!

Thank you!
2019-8-30
Use props
djiuser_ixpCoChSfPbx
New
United States

Dear DJI support,

I think you should consider to add Lumix FZ1000; 2000 and 2500 in your compatibilty list.

Indeed, their software interface is almost a copy paste of the GH4 and/or GH5.
As these models are already compatible, I expect just an acceptable effort for DJI to get these FZ in your compatibilty list...

This way you would address the experts market, almost as demanding as the pro market BUT with a much larger number of potential customers...

FZ are shooting high quality 4K with a 1 inch sensor, so we are speaking professional image quality!

Please think Euros or Dollars and make the necessary effort. Thanks

The day the DJI Ronin SC is compatible with Lumix FZ 1000, I will rush to buy one.

Today having an Osmo Mobile 2 which is a fabulous gimbal with my smartphone.

I hope my message to be heard.

Thanks
2019-8-30
Use props
Elettrone78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I cannot find any option to set the speed of the focus wheel from 1 to 100...where would that be?
2019-9-1
Use props
fans44672ae6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225886 ft
Uruguay

Hi, After last update of app and firmware, I can't select anymore the speed of Zoom, Fast or Slow or what you are saying of the 1 thru 100 scale, on Ronin S with Sony a6400 and iOS, Before the update I could switch from Slow to Fast.
DJI you are taking some important stuff from the gimbal,
I have a new Ronin SC too and is the same. don't have that feature either. Why?
The competitors will eat you.
2019-9-1
Use props
Elettrone78
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

fans44672ae6 Posted at 9-1 12:47
Hi, After last update of app and firmware, I can't select anymore the speed of Zoom, Fast or Slow or what you are saying of the 1 thru 100 scale, on Ronin S with Sony a6400 and iOS, Before the update I could switch from Slow to Fast.
DJI you are taking some important stuff from the gimbal,
I have a new Ronin SC too and is the same. don't have that feature either. Why?

Yes please we would like a statement about the focus speed feature missing...it's barely usable as it is now.
2019-9-1
Use props
JRos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 677362 ft

akibo Posted at 8-30 00:43
Made the Firmware update. Focus doesn't work with Sony A6500 (also latest FW) and AF lens (Sigma DC 30mm) over USB-C > micro USB adapter. Will test with 18105 later, but can anyone with A6300 or A6500, who was successful with this elaborate on how he did this? Or was the release note a false claim?EDIT: well, actually it said "A6000", not A6xxx ...

Also interested in this... I have A6500 and I'm deciding to buy the RoninSC, but it would be super nice to have focus control with the Focus Wheel and Focus Motor.
2019-9-2
Use props
akibo
lvl.2

JRos Posted at 9-2 23:28
Also interested in this... I have A6500 and I'm deciding to buy the RoninSC, but it would be super nice to have focus control with the Focus Wheel and Focus Motor.

Focus Wheel AND Focus Motor work. You still get start/stop recording through the little splitter box. If you have only AF lenses, check NOW whether you can accurately focus with the fly-by-wire focus ring. Some have very short distances or are way too slippery.
2019-9-3
Use props
Elettrone78
lvl.4
  • >>>

akibo Posted at 9-3 00:32
Focus Wheel AND Focus Motor work. You still get start/stop recording through the little splitter box. If you have only AF lenses, check NOW whether you can accurately focus with the fly-by-wire focus ring. Some have very short distances or are way too slippery.

Yeah but there is no control over how much focus you get with a give wheel rotation or focus speed as they mentioned in the update notes.
Before the update the focus wheel was barely usable, focus super fast, now it is the opposite, focus very precise but also very slow.
We need an option for the focus speed both with focus motor and with fly-by-wire or what is that called.
2019-9-3
Use props
JRos
lvl.2

akibo Posted at 9-3 00:32
Focus Wheel AND Focus Motor work. You still get start/stop recording through the little splitter box. If you have only AF lenses, check NOW whether you can accurately focus with the fly-by-wire focus ring. Some have very short distances or are way too slippery.

My lense is a Sony 18-105 so Focus and Zoom are electronic, so in theory with new firmware can I peak focus through the wheel only, right?

And if I have other lenses not electronical, can I use the wheel and motor?
2019-9-3
Use props
jyung
lvl.1

Hi DJI Support, when is the timeline to have numeric zoom setting? I am using it with a6400 and all software are latest.
2019-9-3
Use props
djiuser_S9nanuCkfTde
New
Flight distance : 477992 ft

Hi I got a question about active track on the Ronin SC.
I'm recording a speaker every week and need a good object tracking. Dji's object tracking uses a handphone and it's phone camera to achieve the tracking... I'm very far from stage so I'm zoomed in on my camera (sony a6000 with 55-210mm lens - zoomed in to about 150mm)  so my question is if my phone (samsung s10 plus) would be able to do a proper active track since the speaker would be tiny... will the dji app have problems due to the lack of contrast and will it track peoperly?
2019-9-3
Use props
Vathemankan
lvl.1

Any chance that the Panasonic G85/80/81 will be fully supported by this gimbal? I mean, these cameras has a lot of users too not only those in the compatibility list.
2019-9-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the info
2019-9-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for sharing
2019-9-5
Use props
Davist Wong
lvl.1

Dear DJI Team Since the update of this firmware, I have this is issue. the Gimbal go unbalance after FPV shooting quite. Need to do advance calibration every time
2019-9-7
Use props
翁俊杰
New

My samsung s10+ stuck at the password phase..i cant even connect to phone.
2019-9-7
Use props
Navetsh
New

After the update, 360 roll seems to be 50% slower, and having a fast 360 roll is the main reason I bought this gimbal for. please fix it ;(
2019-9-9
Use props
jyung
lvl.1

Hi Support, what's the plan to fix the issues that we shared here? Thanks.
2019-9-10
Use props
christophe axford
lvl.1

Hi ! Can I charge accesoiries from the Ronin sc ?

Have a light with usb C ...
Iphone ?
2019-9-11
Use props
JRos
lvl.2

christophe axford Posted at 9-11 04:10
Hi ! Can I charge accesoiries from the Ronin sc ?

Have a light with usb C ...

I think not... that's a feature included in Ronin S but removed in SC
2019-9-12
Use props
JRos
lvl.2

As your release notes says..
"Optimized focus for Canon, Sony, Nikon, and Panasonic cameras. The focus speed can be set from 1 to 100, replacing the previous settings of Slow, Medium, and Fast (requires DJI Ronin v1.2.2 app or later)."

Where is this function?? Because I only have SLOW or FAST... SLOW is not working and FAST almost unusable, too fast, jumps across focal length, and the wheel travel is unpracticable.
2019-9-12
Use props
gabovideo
New

hi all i would like to reinstall the old . firmware  for dji ronin sc because i have some problem with focus with my gh5s .how can i do?
2019-9-13
Use props
JRos
lvl.2

And how can I reinstall the new firmware? The app doesn't give such an option...
2019-9-15
Use props
DaytonaFilms
New

I have configured all the ronin sc but when entering the smart options I do not see the option of the force mobile. I have it in a Panasonic GH4 camera and my Samsung A7
2019-9-22
Use props
Vathemankan
lvl.1

DaytonaFilms Posted at 9-22 18:37
I have configured all the ronin sc but when entering the smart options I do not see the option of the force mobile. I have it in a Panasonic GH4 camera and my Samsung A7

Unless you have an iOS phone, you’ll never see that option in Android.
2019-9-23
Use props
emanuel_11
lvl.1

any plans to include Nikon D5300 in the compatibility list of Ronin-SC ???
2019-9-27
Use props
Nelvin
New

pLease help me my cannon Eos Kiss X10 cannot connect to DJI ronin Sc using Multi-Camera Control Adapter . In Dji Ronin apps the status was connected but when pressing record button cannot record..Please help me how to fix this
2019-10-2
Use props
fans9afdbff7
New

I just got a ronin sc and it was working fine and then I updated it to the latest firmware and now every time I move the joystick up and down, it doesn’t stop when I let go, instead when I let go it’s drifts to a long stop. I’ve been trying everything I’ve seen but if someone has a fix for this then I would really appreciate it.
Thanks!
2019-10-3
Use props
Yauhen
lvl.1

I use Ronin SC Combo with Lumix GH5. Focus wheel controls lens focus. But where (or how) can I change speed of focus pulling? I have app v.1.2.4(1905). I don't see this setting anywhere.
Release note says: "Optimized focus for Canon, Sony, Nikon, and Panasonic cameras. The focus speed can be set from 1 to 100, replacing the previous settings of Slow, Medium, and Fast (requires DJI Ronin v1.2.2 app or later)."
But where is this setting hidden? Can anybody help me?
2019-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules