• Date: 2019.08.28
  • Firmware: v1.9.0.80
  • Ronin App iOS: v1.2.2
  • Ronin App Android: v1.2.2
  • DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (PC): v2.0.2
  • DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (Mac): v2.0.2
  • User Manual: v1.2

What’s New?
  • Added video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Sony A9 and A6400 cameras with supported E-mount lenses using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (Micro-USB). To use autofocus on the Sony A9 and A6400, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal
  • Added photo capture, video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Canon EOS RP cameras with supported RF mount lenses using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (Type-C). To use autofocus on the Canon EOS RP, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Canon M50 cameras with supported EF-M mount lenses using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (Micro-USB). To use autofocus on the Canon M50, press halfway down on the camera control button on the gimbal.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Canon EOS 6D and EOS 80D cameras with supported EF mount lenses using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (Mini USB). To use autofocus on the Canon EOS 6D and EOS 80D, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Panasonic G9 cameras with supported Macro 4/3 mount lenses using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (Micro USB). To use autofocus on the Panasonic G9, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Added photo capture, autofocus, video recording, and focus pull support for Panasonic S1 cameras with supported L mount lenses using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (Type-C). To use autofocus on the Panasonic S1, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Added photo capture and autofocus for Fujifilm XT2 cameras using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (Micro USB). To use autofocus on the Fujifilm XT2, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Added photo capture and autofocus for Fujifilm XT3 camera using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (Type-C). To use autofocus on the Fujifilm XT3, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Added support for Ronin 2 Remote Controller. The DJI Pro Wireless Receiver and Ronin-MX/S CAN Cable are required to use the Ronin 2 Remote Controller with Ronin-S. Note that the mode switch feature is not currently available (requires Ronin 2 Remote Controller firmware v1.4.0.30 and DJI Pro Wireless Receiver firmware v1.2.0.10).
  • Optimized autofocus for Sony cameras. When the camera is in AF mode, press halfway on the camera control button to focus and release to stop focus.
  • Optimized focus for Canon, Sony, Nikon, and Panasonic cameras. The focus speed can be set from 1 to 100, replacing the previous settings of Slow, Medium, and Fast (requires DJI Ronin v1.2.2 app or later).
  • When using Canon, Nikon, and Fujifilm cameras, press the Ronin-S power button twice to disable the USB connection so that playback can be viewed and camera parameters can be set. Press twiceagain to enable the USB connection.
  • When using a Nikon D850, press the power button twice to enable camera view instead of pressing the trigger twice.
  • Fixed issue: when recording video on a Nikon Z6 camera, footage could not be displayed on an HDMI monitor.

Notes:
  • Make sure that the DJI Ronin App is the latest version when updating the firmware.
  • Make sure Ronin-S is powered off and update the firmware through the DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin by connecting the USB-C port on Ronin-S to your computer. Do not disconnect the gimbal from the computer while updating.
  • After the update is complete, unplug the USB-C cable from Ronin-S and proceed to power on the gimbal.
  • If Ronin-S has a camera attached and is turned on while updating the firmware, make sure to protect the camera and lens as the motors will shut off during the update.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the Ronin-S and retry.

2019-8-28
Use props
IJD One above all
lvl.4
Flight distance : 137388 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

2019-8-28
Use props
RG Squared Prod
New

United States

Hi there, using my Ronin-S with current 1.9.0.80 update and Sony a7III and 16-35mm G Series. Unfortunately, the focus wheel is not working but the start/stop record button is functioning. I tried using the MCC-B AND MCC-C cable. None of them registering focus wheel.

Anything can be done? Thanks so much!
2019-8-28
Use props
Pzooky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377382 ft
United Kingdom

Since the update the motors are making noise? Just did downgrade to test still the same, so back to upgrade.

Now I have auto focus in vid mode Canon 7D

Not had time to test out anything else yet.

2019-8-28
Use props
Yveske D
lvl.4
Belgium

Thank you for providing easy access to the way points.
Could you also provide a loop mode and/or reverse mode (ping-pong)?

The number of remaining way points looks a little off to me.
2019-8-28
Use props
Volg.in
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8143 ft
United Arab Emirates

What about ActiveTrack ?
2019-8-28
Use props
Jonny-Korban
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24964 ft
Italy

with this new firmware, the ir cable no longer works....I had to downgrade!
2019-8-29
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

Wow, I can not believe that DJI S T I L L can not get this right.

The manual focus of Ronin S and Canon 5D Mark 4 is a joke. I mean, really!? It jumps around like crazy, when its too slow to use its smooth, anything else well.... your wasting your time.
Such a shame the Ronin S is "junked" but poor firmware and camera control on what surly has to be a commonly used camera.

I've learnt the hard way with DJI. As a new customer, Mavic 2 Pro Zoom - issues (fly aways, geo zone, loss of video and more), Ronin S - too many to list since day 1, DJI smart controller - loss of video feed, DJI Osmo - lip sync and more... blimey, do they make anything thats 100%?

If I did not get the difference back in a refund when DJI cut the price of the Ronin S I would not own it. I make proffesional quality family video's for fun with mine but man, you can not use this device to make a living can you?

I've tested the new firmware on my 5D4, won't bother with my 1DX2 or EOS R. If DJI can not give smooth pull focus on a 5D4 then no point in trying others.

Down graded to the last firmware as the newly added focus speeds (1 - 100) are usless for pull focus on the 5D4, better of with MED on old firmware as even though tooooo slow to use at least it's smooth slow, SLOW is MILES to SLOW and FAST is jumpy as hell...

Oh well.....

Next stabilizer I buy.....hummmm.....not DJI.
2019-8-30
Use props
fans08aefaad
lvl.1

Canada

So we’re not able to control a camera and use an external monitor at the same time?  (Nikon Z6)
2019-8-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

They've changed the interface.  I'm not sure what exactly they changed as I never really used any of the automatic modes but it looks different.

Do we know if we have to recalibrate?
2019-8-31
Use props
jocabap
lvl.1
Portugal

Jonny-Korban Posted at 8-29 03:14
with this new firmware, the ir cable no longer works....I had to downgrade!

i have a sony a7ii and it work perfect with IR cable with last version , but now, when i restart rony  they lose sony definitions, i need always to change canon to sony.  don't save sony.  they save everithyng pan, til etc... but not saving sony camera, always put canon on  ronin restart
2019-9-1
Use props
FW78
lvl.2

Germany

arthurbikemad Posted at 8-30 01:23
Wow, I can not believe that DJI S T I L L can not get this right.

The manual focus of Ronin S and Canon 5D Mark 4 is a joke. I mean, really!? It jumps around like crazy, when its too slow to use its smooth, anything else well.... your wasting your time.

Oh, these bad experiences with the Canon 5D mark IV are interesting to read. I didn't get the Ronin S because the active tracking is very important for me. Unfortunately DJI doesn't seem to want to retrofit the function and so the Ronin S is a bad choice. That there are still other problems with the Canon 5D MK IV is of course very bad but now good to know. Another reason not to buy the DJI :-(
2019-9-2
Use props
Thangnguyen
lvl.1
Vietnam

I hate when they remove FPV mode from 1.7.60 version.
2019-9-2
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2097713 ft
United States

Nikkor 28-300 focus pull not is not working always. It will work for a few focus pulls then stop working with focus wheel. My other f mount lenses do not have this issue. Worked perfect in last firmware.
2019-9-2
Use props
Dank71
lvl.2
Flight distance : 253406 ft

fans08aefaad Posted at 8-30 07:24
So we’re not able to control a camera and use an external monitor at the same time?  (Nikon Z6)

Yes you are. I have just upgraded to the new firmware, and everything is working perfect. Eventhough you won't get zebra and peaking when the camera is in AF-S mode, you can bring it over to the external monitor, even sound volume bars!
2019-9-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

Can anyone hack the app to make it think it's an SC when you have an S so we have at least some Activetrack capabilities?
2019-9-3
Use props
berry01
lvl.1

i have a Freefly Alta 8/ MoviPro Complete Aerial Cinema Kit for sale
2019-9-4
Use props
berry01
lvl.1

i have a Freefly Alta 8/ MoviPro Complete Aerial Cinema Kit for sale
2019-9-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the info
2019-9-5
Use props
Roberto Hurko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15395735 ft
  • >>>

berry01 Posted at 9-4 07:34
i have a Freefly Alta 8/ MoviPro Complete Aerial Cinema Kit for sale[view_image][view_image][view_image]

Send price and info
2019-9-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for sharing
2019-9-5
Use props
Rferrand
lvl.2

Thank you. Now at least the timelapse mode works correctly and I can go up to 90º. It would be interesting to add the counter of the remaining photos to finish the process.
2019-9-9
Use props
fans5b098488
lvl.1
Flight distance : 323107 ft

Still waiting on focus pull for the A6500....

Did this update as it claimed improved stability with the 18-105 to find I can no longer control Zoom speed and it is stuck in the slow setting which is practically unusable. Unless you have half an hour to zoom from 18 to 105. Please add zoom speed back and not with just slow (too slow) and fast (too fast) but a medium speed as well.....

Stand behind your products
2019-9-10
Use props
SRBrookes
New

Is there any hope for more features to control FUJI XT3?
The photo function is seriously limited.
Start/stop record control please...

2019-9-11
Use props
dodgethis_sg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6650 ft

So when are you adding compatibility for the focus pull on the A7R2 over either the MCC-Multi or MCC-B? Doesn't make sense that the a9 and A6400 both can focus pull over the MCC-B but the MCC-Multi can't do focus pull on the R2.
2019-9-12
Use props
Einfachlaurenz
lvl.1

Nice to see, that the M50 is now at least supported with the basic features like video control. Now waiting for features like timelapse, motionlapse etc...
2019-9-12
Use props
Matias Zepeda
lvl.2

if they put pull rofuw on the a9-a6400 because not on the a7x line? (a7ii, a7sii, a7rii) I've been waiting for over 1 year
2019-9-13
Use props
Almansour
lvl.1

No Object Tracking for Ronin S
2019-9-14
Use props
TheFly67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8087 ft

I Never buy another product from DJI. I bought a lot of products and already after a month it felts like end of life product.

I go also for the Moza Aircross 2
2019-9-16
Use props
Volg.in
lvl.4

Everyone ! Let's go for moza !
2019-9-17
Use props
adrianzaharia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623 ft
  • >>>

Hi @DJI!!!!!!!!!!!!
What happend to the motionlapse function in the app? It dissapeard! No more motionlapse? And stop telling me AGAIN to reinstal and recalibrate and all the BS...I already did that a couple of times. So? Where is the motionlapse funtion?
Thanks!
2019-9-17
Use props
DJI Pro
New

There IS a ACTIVE TRACK S coming in a few Weeks.  Please Let DJI relax and not worry on good purchasers like you
2019-9-17
Use props
DJI Pro
New

Dank71 Posted at 9-3 04:56
Yes you are. I have just upgraded to the new firmware, and everything is working perfect. Eventhough you won't get zebra and peaking when the camera is in AF-S mode, you can bring it over to the external monitor, even sound volume bars!

How is this accomplished as it is not clear
2019-9-17
Use props
Volg.in
lvl.4

DJI  Pro Posted at 9-17 15:40
There IS a ACTIVE TRACK S coming in a few Weeks.  Please Let DJI relax and not worry on good purchasers like you

From where you know it ? Or its just rumors ?
2019-9-17
Use props
MTuccillo84
lvl.2

Pzooky Posted at 8-28 12:39
Since the update the motors are making noise? Just did downgrade to test still the same, so back to upgrade.

Now I have auto focus in vid mode Canon 7D

are you still using IR cable or does 7d work through usb now?
2019-9-19
Use props
kazcow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 454101 ft
  • >>>

My iOS app lost the top part of the menu after updating to iOS 13 on iPhone XS Max.

So the line just below the icons are now almost invisible.

So if you really need the iOS app - watch out

2019-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules