Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin 2 Release Notes (11/28/2019)
6689 11 2019-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
Date : 2019.11.28
Gimbal Firmware : v1.6.0.90
Remote Controller Firmware: v1.4.0.30
DJI Ronin App iOS : v1.2.6
DJI Ronin App Android : v1.2.6
DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (PC) : v2.0.2
DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (Mac): v2.0.2
User Manual : v1.2

What’s New?
  • Added camera settings for RED camera, including Start/Stop Recording, ISO, Shutter Angle, Aperture, Fps, and White Balance. Set the values according to the supported range of the camera.
  • Fixed occasional issue: gimbal drifted after powering on.
  • Optimized power-on position setting. To set the power-on position, pause the motors, and then lock the roll and tilt axes. Adjust the pan axis to the desired position, and select Joint Angle Calibration in the system settings on the built-in touch screen.

Notes:
  • Update the firmware through DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin by connecting the USB-C port on Ronin 2 to your computer. Do not disconnect the gimbal from the computer while updating.
  • Make sure to update both the gimbal and remote controller of Ronin 2 to the latest firmware. Otherwise, the remote controller will not be able to control the gimbal. Restart the gimbal and remote controller after the update is complete.
  • Once the update starts, the motors power off. If updating firmware with a camera attached to Ronin 2, make sure to protect the camera from collisions.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart Ronin 2 and retry.

-------------------

Overview:

• Date: 2019.08.28
  • Gimbal Firmware: v1.5.0.80
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v1.4.0.30
  • DJI Ronin App iOS: v1.2.2
  • DJI Ronin App Android: v1.2.2
  • DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (PC): v2.0.2
  • DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (Mac): v2.0.2
  • User Manual:v1.2

What’s New?
  • Added Roll 360. After enabling Roll 360, the gimbal can be used to rotate the camera 360° by using the roll knob on the remote controller or the DJI Master Wheels. Roll 360 is available in Follow, Free, and Recenter mode. Do not rotate the gimbal to the left or right quickly during Roll 360.
  • Added ability to use the roll axis angle adjustment knob of the DJI Master Wheels to control the roll angle of the gimbal (requires DJI Master Wheels firmware v1.2.0.10 or later).
  • Added ability to use the Ronin 2 CAN Bus Control Cable to control the gimbal.
  • Added ability to use the Ronin 2 Remote Controller to control Ronin-S and Ronin-SC. The DJI Pro Wireless Receiver and Ronin-MX/S CAN Cable are required to use the Ronin 2 Remote Controller with Ronin-S or Ronin-SC (requires Ronin-S firmware v1.9.0.80 or later and Ronin-SC firmware v1.1.0.0 or later).
  • Increased auto tune speed.
  • Fixed issue: the pan motor made abnormal sounds when push was enabled in Follow mode.
  • Fixed issue: the gimbal rotated abnormally after switching from Upright mode to Underslung mode. Press and hold the pause button on Ronin 2 to enter sleep mode before switching the gimbal. After switching, press and hold the pause button again to exit sleep mode.
  • Fixed issue: the gimbal shook abnormally after being connected to the DJI Master Wheels for an extended period.

Notes:
  • Update the firmware through DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin by connecting the USB-C port on Ronin 2 to your computer. Do not disconnect the gimbal from the computer while updating.
  • Make sure to update both the gimbal and remote controller of Ronin 2 to the latest firmware. Otherwise, the remote controller will not be able to control the gimbal. Restart the gimbal and remote controller after the update is complete.
  • Once the update starts, the motors power off. If updating firmware with a camera attached to Ronin 2, make sure to protect the camera from collisions.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart Ronin 2 and retry.

2019-8-28
Use props
fansd550e4c4
lvl.1

Germany

How to enable the Roll 360 mode on the Ronin 2? Greets
2019-9-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the info
2019-9-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for sharing
2019-9-5
Use props
djiuser_xviHplQbREL9
lvl.1

fansd550e4c4 Posted at 9-2 08:09
How to enable the Roll 360 mode on the Ronin 2? Greets

I have the same question. Did you figure it out?? I did the updates but still only getting +/- 30.
2019-9-30
Use props
theestinson
lvl.1

I don't understand... where is the 360 roll option?  Nothing has changed.
2019-10-5
Use props
djiuser_cbMhPPG5SyPq
lvl.1

theestinson Posted at 10-5 10:39
I don't understand... where is the 360 roll option?  Nothing has changed.

I am in agreement.  The roll is a tad more on my R2 right side compared to the left side but no 360!
I thought perhaps the firmware wasn't downloaded properly but, upon retrying it the DJI assistant approved the download. I would appreciate if someone could confirm this at DJI so I can stop using up my time.
Regards, Michael
2019-10-9
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

WOW !!! did this really happen : Added camera settings for RED camera, including Start/Stop Recording, ISO, Shutter Angle, Aperture, Fps, and White Balance !?
2019-12-19
Use props
JeremyBurchard
lvl.1
United States

So can somebody please confirm for me once and for all: is the screen on the Ronin 2 a touch screen that will be activated with later firmware updates, or no? All of the material and advertising says it is. But it's been two years now and some people in the forums say it is NOT actually a touch screen, nor will it ever be.

Thanks!
2019-12-29
Use props
Pittwaterronin2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

After some help... Trying to update my Ronin 2 and Master wheels through Assistant 2 and a windows 10 lap top, everything connects fine but when i try to download the updates it stops straight away and tells me... Update Failed : Upload error log its the same for both pieces of equipment. Please Help.
2020-1-4
Use props
Pittwaterronin2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Pittwaterronin2 Posted at 1-4 02:44
After some help... Trying to update my Ronin 2 and Master wheels through Assistant 2 and a windows 10 lap top, everything connects fine but when i try to download the updates it stops straight away and tells me... Update Failed : Upload error log its the same for both pieces of equipment. Please Help.

No response? Ive just spent a fortune with you guys.... very poor. Off to movi?
2020-1-7
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very good.
2020-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now