Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
USB Cable does not work
3658 8 2019-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robertletts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26444 ft
United States

I purchased a longer USB cable to connect my Galaxy phone to the Mavic controller. The phone does not recognize the controller. The DJI supplied cable works, but I need one at least 12" long. The cable itself works in other applications, so I'm pretty sure it's good. Is there a specific cable I should have bought?

TIA,
Bob
2019-8-28
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Well, the little "shorty" cable that came with the kit, is "iffy" at best, and it does put a lot of strain on that port, along with others...
What I have done is to connect from the bottom port to the device. Just have to use a "data" cable, like the one that came with your device.
These are designed to transmit data, other cheapie cables may only offer charging. Just have to hunt on Amazon for a 2 foot data cable with a 90 degree usb end:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LX0 ... 64394_t3_B01MXLWB78

On the "charging port of the controller, I went with a magnetic charging cable like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Zbegotta- ... G9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
I leave the little magnetic connector in the controller all the time, and just get the cable close, and it snaps to the adaptor to charge, and if you just pick up the controller, the connector just "breaks away". No damage, and reduces the chance of damaging that port.
2019-8-28
Use props
Micato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

Hi, do you connect RC to mobile device (micro usb- micro usb) or (USB - micro usb)?  If you connect it (USB to micro usb) try to unplug that micro usb on the RC. Hope this helps.
2019-8-28
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Micato Posted at 8-28 08:59
Hi, do you connect RC to mobile device (micro usb- micro usb) or (USB - micro usb)?  If you connect it (USB to micro usb) try to unplug that micro usb on the RC. Hope this helps.

Yes to above, if anything is plugged into the side port (like the little shorty cable that came with your kit)
It disables the bottom port.
You cannot use both ports at the same time.
2019-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sure that our valued DJI forum members would provide a longer cable that works with your mobile device and our DJI product. Thank you for your continued support.
2019-8-28
Use props
robertletts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26444 ft
United States

I got it to work with the full size USB A jack on the bottom of the controller. I used the cable supplied from Samsung for Galaxy and it's all good. Thanks for the comments and suggestions.
2019-8-28
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

"On the "charging port of the controller, I went with a magnetic charging cable like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Zbegotta- ... G9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
"

I've used these for awhile, but never gave it a thought on the drone.  I wouldn't want to accidentally knock it off while flying.  I use the magnetic connectors on everything that gets charged frequently so that I don't wear out the connectors, and especially micro-usb connectors like the controller uses for charging.  I've had plenty of connector failures on devices that are in use a lot.  These save the connector lots of wear and tear.

Gary
2019-8-28
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

You plug that little thingy into the controller, and it's slightly recessed. I leave it in 100 percent of the time.
But those charging cables are great...
2019-8-29
Use props
Jimis.M
lvl.3
Flight distance : 754705 ft
Cyprus

Hello,

Just plug your other usb to the bottom port but be sure to unplug the rear mini usb. If anything is plugged into the side port (like the little shorty cable that came with your kit) it disables the bottom port.

Any data cable should work.
2019-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules