Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MAVIC AIR CRASH - DRONE MALFUNCTION - NO FLIGHT LOG
1937 7 2019-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansaa41e540
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62005 ft
United Kingdom

I was having a great time flying my Mavic Air drone until it suddenly and without warning or input from me bolted at what looked like top speed 90 degrees sideways into an embankment!

Sadly the drone then dropped down into shallow water. I rushed to salvage it and took the battery out straight away

But as you can imagine the drone was damaged and would not fly

The drone has been sent to DJi for inspection and I have been told to forget about this drone and buy a new one!

DJi have absolved themselves from this incident even though the log data from the final flight wasn't available

So I'm meant to take a £800 hit because one of their drones malfunctioned? This just doesn't seem right

Can anybody help?

Thank you

2019-8-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Could you provide us with your case number? We'd like to check the exact status.
2019-8-29
Use props
fansaa41e540
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 8-29 00:07
Hi there, we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Could you provide us with your case number? We'd like to check the exact status.

Thank you for the reply

CAS-3375560-C5P0P3
2019-8-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansaa41e540 Posted at 8-29 00:11
Thank you for the reply

CAS-3375560-C5P0P3

Thanks for getting back to us. As the drone has been watered, I'm afraid that the flight log in the aircraft cannot be read. Just to verify, did you connect DJI GO 4 during the last flight? And were you recording at that time? If yes, please kindly indicate the accident date and time, provide accident description, export all flight records in the App and video cache, we'll forward to the team to see whether data analysis can be arranged, thanks!
2019-8-29
Use props
fansaa41e540
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 8-29 00:51
Thanks for getting back to us. As the drone has been watered, I'm afraid that the flight log in the aircraft cannot be read. Just to verify, did you connect DJI GO 4 during the last flight? And were you recording at that time? If yes, please kindly indicate the accident date and time, provide accident description, export all flight records in the App and video cache, we'll forward to the team to see whether data analysis can be arranged, thanks!

No information from the final flight was recorded on the DJi app either. If the incident was due to pilot error I can assure you I'd have bought another DJi product immediately and be happily flying it!

As this was not the case I have to ask DJi for help to resolve this unfortunate situation. Thank you
2019-8-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansaa41e540 Posted at 8-29 01:14
No information from the final flight was recorded on the DJi app either. If the incident was due to pilot error I can assure you I'd have bought another DJi product immediately and be happily flying it!

As this was not the case I have to ask DJi for help to resolve this unfortunate situation. Thank you

Well noted, your case has been escalated to the management for further assistance, the team will review and contact you during working time soon.
2019-8-29
Use props
fansaa41e540
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 8-29 02:54
Well noted, your case has been escalated to the management for further assistance, the team will review and contact you during working time soon.

I very much appreciate that thank you
2019-8-29
Use props
djiuser_JsI2wouvHFzL
New
Flight distance : 1021138 ft
Spain

Hi Susan, I am a pilot from Spain and on 16 November Saturday the drone at 39 meters high fell silent for no reason and without alerts on the drone. I have opened a case to DJI but I prefer that you analyze what happened before sending it for review. I would like to know the cause of the fall. I give you the case number open CAS-2004816-C7R2M3. Aircraft's Serial Number : 0K1DECJ1AC0200. My email is: jhurtadodeamezaga@gmail.com. Best Regards. Jaime
2019-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules