Best Davinci Resolve 4k export settings?
11625 6 2019-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_TGhGop0w2qk2
New

United Kingdom

Just wondering what everyone thinks the best settings are on Davinci? I just got an Osmo Pocket and I've been playing around with the Deliver settings on an unedited 1 minute clip, but the default 4k YouTube preset had so many artifacts.  
  I played around with the h264 settings and that looked as good as the original clip but the file size was several times the size of the clip.
Anyone found the perfect balance? Thanks in advance!
2019-8-29
Use props
Celtic Shadows
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4144 ft
United Kingdom

Use h.265/HEVC as that's what it was designed for. Also ensure you have a graphics chip that has a HEVC module to improve render times. You don't say if you're using Free or Studio, as Free has export limitations to be aware of.
2019-8-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sure that our valued DJI Forum members would provide the best recommendations that you may need with regard to this query. Thank you for the continued support!
2019-9-1
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft

What is your "target"? Is it Youtube then DR has a premade setting so "they" don't have to convert your video to their format.

Personally I use H264 (don't have anything that uses H265 ) and set the settings to limit arond 80 000, works for me.

You can check one example here if you are interested.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D709%26typeid%3D709

Good luck
2019-9-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Flybee Posted at 9-8 04:20
What is your "target"? Is it Youtube then DR has a premade setting so "they" don't have to convert your video to their format.

Personally I use H264 (don't have anything that uses H265 ) and set the settings to limit arond 80 000, works for me.

Hi, thanks for putting inputs here to help our valued DJI Forum members. Thank you for continued support.
2019-9-9
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft

Hi Tony that is what this is about

Wish you a Nice day
2019-9-9
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>

H265 is only  in paid version I use free (for now) and find out that exporting in Quicktime - MPEG is Fastest - then I use XmediaRecode - to transcode it to H265 for small size good for Youtube uploads, also Xmedia is very fast (at least on my laptop )
2019-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules