Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Panorama overlap missing since update
1912 14 2019-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Froxxx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 208573 ft
Greece

Am I missing something or has the option to set the overlap for panoramas been left out of the new ronin sc app?

2019-8-30
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I agree this is a bad idea, i need overlap %
2019-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Froxxx, the overlap under Panorama is 30% by default after the firmware upgrade, if there are any difficulties with it, please let us know and we will report to our engineers.
2019-9-4
Use props
ricphoto-S
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-4 03:30
Hi Froxxx, the overlap under Panorama is 30% by default after the firmware upgrade, if there are any difficulties with it, please let us know and we will report to our engineers.

None of my stitching programs recognize any overlap at all  in the latest version...and so cannot assemble

I prefer 50% overlap...please restore % calcs
2019-9-4
Use props
Froxxx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 208573 ft

Maybe your engineers wanted to set it to 30% (which is a bad idea in itself) but they definitely made mistakes.

I think post number #12 in this thread  

https://forum.dji.com/thread-197211-1-1.html

should tell the development team everything it needs to know.
2019-9-4
Use props
anuk
lvl.2

ricphoto-S Posted at 9-4 07:11
None of my stitching programs recognize any overlap at all  in the latest version...and so cannot assemble

I prefer 50% overlap...please restore % calcs

+1 for that, although I can stitch, I have some gaps, so  it would be cool to have better pattern. Even if I cheat giving higher lens numbers than they actually are. I have 12mm lens (5x3images), so I forced more rows by giving things like 18mm in app (7x4). The pattern is very strange, it shoots 7 images at 90 degrees, that are almost same, while there is not enough on 0 angle.

Plus, since ronin sc can't start bracketing on fuji xt3 (it only shoots singles), it would be cool to heave beep sound when it goes to next position on list. That way I can rise Interval to like 3-5s, disconnect usb cable and use my wireless remote to start bracketing bursts each position. That way I could make 360 HDRI

Also, it's very hard to use this grid to set panorama, can we have fields, where we could input angles as numbers?
2019-9-5
Use props
Scott Sady
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19003 ft

I also don't see that I am getting 30% overlap. At least it is not enough for Lightroom to work with. Why would you remove manual control over this?
2019-9-5
Use props
Makakka
lvl.2

You can also make the shutter release a little longer. Now when taking a panorama, the camera will often not focus on several photos. When I take a single photo of the same place, everything works as it should.
I think some shots need slightly more time to focus.
The camera is a Sony a6300, but from what I see many Sony users have problems with the release of the shutter in your application.
2019-9-5
Use props
paulytran
New

I found a temporary fix to work around this. You can artificially increase overlap by increasing your focal length. So if I'm doing an 85mm panoramic, I set my focal length to 120mm or 135mm and now I have sufficient overlap to make my panos work. I still think the feature to adjust overlap should be brought back though.
2019-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, your feedback has been well received and we have forwarded to our engineers for attention, temporarily, please refer to paulytran's suggestion at 12# to increase the focal length to get more overlap. Please note our website of the future update, thank you.
2019-9-10
Use props
LUCATALDI
lvl.1

Is there any update about the issue, i really need the manual overlap function.... downgrading the app isn't a option.

Thank youu
2019-9-26
Use props
Thanks for you feedback, We have solved with App update, please update the latest App version.
2019-10-23
Use props
Curtis-Randall.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155663 ft
  • >>>
United States

jburkett@zackburkettco.com Posted at 10-23 23:08
Thanks for you feedback, We have solved with App update, please update the latest App version.

What OS is this app updated on? I just checked the iOS App Store and it said the app was updated 4 weeks ago
2019-10-24
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Confirming, latest iOS app 1.2.4 (127) and FW 1.2.0.10 we have manual Overlap back. Thank you DJI.

Unfortunately Full Grid is not achieved because some shutter is not triggered in top row even though positioning is obtained, hence missing images.
This is making stitching a nightmare in some software.
Perhaps this is a residual bug through the overlap computation. (This was also happening previous firmware)
2019-10-24
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

jburkett@zackburkettco.com Posted at 10-23 23:08

Thanks ;-) please read above.
2019-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules