ronin 2 finally 360 rolls
13830 15 2019-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Is it really true ? Update 1.5.0.80 makes 360 roll possible without any workaround ? Thank you DJI !!! Now we only
need more Red camera controll e.g. iris to make us all happy
2019-8-30
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

It did not work for me to upgrade the ronin 2 using a mac , the ronin 2 was not detected in the ronin assistant but no problem on a windows 10 machine. Hope this helps someone
2019-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Yes, Roll 360 has been added on Ronin-2 firmware V 1.5.0.80, thanks for sharing your experience, we will keep bringing more features, enjoy.
2019-9-1
Use props
djiuser_xviHplQbREL9
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-1 22:37
Yes, Roll 360 has been added on Ronin-2 firmware V 1.5.0.80, thanks for sharing your experience, we will keep bringing more features, enjoy.

I’ve done the updates but still only getting 30 degree roll. Is there something extra I have to do to activate it??
2019-9-30
Use props
DjOw
New

France

We'll appreciate an answer from DJI CREW, it’s nice to announce that we can do it with the new firmware but either from ronin 2, in the mobile app or on mac app there is no option to activate it....

that smell the fake news!
2019-11-7
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

DjOw Posted at 11-7 01:36
We'll appreciate an answer from DJI CREW, it’s nice to announce that we can do it with the new firmware but either from ronin 2, in the mobile app or on mac app there is no option to activate it....

that smell the fake news!

it works , but u have to be in the right mode , can´t remember if it´s tripod or one of the other modes ... use the roll button on the remote. But there is still no infinite roll ....

look at this post for infinite roll :

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=139570

2019-11-7
Use props
ThreshenBisetty
New

Qatar

I've updated my Ronin 2 (V1.5.0.80), Ronin 2 remote (V1.4.0.30), Android app (V1.2.6) but can't find the 360 degree roll function mentioned in the latest update.

In the settings menu on both the Ronin 2 and Android app I've tried different combinations of
each mode, movement and axis mode but there's still no option for 360 degree roll.
Screenshot_20191121-103025.png
Screenshot_20191121-103016.png
2019-11-20
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

ThreshenBisetty Posted at 11-20 23:53
I've updated my Ronin 2 (V1.5.0.80), Ronin 2 remote (V1.4.0.30), Android app (V1.2.6) but can't find the 360 degree roll function mentioned in the latest update.

In the settings menu on both the Ronin 2 and Android app I've tried different combinations of

i think there is no special 360 roll setting in the menu , i think you can do every setting directly on the ronin , the rolling is done with the remote on the roll knob ...
2019-11-23
Use props
Damo72
New

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-9-1 22:37
Yes, Roll 360 has been added on Ronin-2 firmware V 1.5.0.80, thanks for sharing your experience, we will keep bringing more features, enjoy.

Hi Mindy, I have also been trying to enable 360 roll according to the instructions in the firmware release notes when it was announced (handheld mode, switch out of 3-axis into Pan lock mode etc). Can you please let us know how to do this? I have been trying every combination of settings but still can't get past the 30 degree limit on the roll. I have the most up to date firmware. Thanks in advance.
2020-1-14
Use props
ash_innovator
lvl.1
United States

Has anybody here figured out how to make the ronin do a 360 roll without having to dissasemble it and roll on the pan axis?

Thanks
2020-9-1
Use props
Casitaah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1170525 ft

Spain

DJI we still need the 360° roll update! Please remember that we pay almost 8000 euros. We need assistance too.

Thanks in advanced,

Manuel Casati
2020-10-18
Use props
Kai1AC
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-9-1 22:37
Yes, Roll 360 has been added on Ronin-2 firmware V 1.5.0.80, thanks for sharing your experience, we will keep bringing more features, enjoy.

Hello, how do i achieve that? With a remote? how do i do a constant roll. With the joystick remote only? I have both the joystick and the force Pro. But we put the force pro on a fluid head for 2-axis work( pan and tilt ) But i want to be prepared and able to offer 360 roll
2020-11-15
Use props
djiuser_5wpNaJXC7k7T
lvl.1
Flight distance : 158350 ft
Ukraine

I have a similar problem. I'm watching
2020-11-29
Use props
arlbo23
lvl.1

Italy

Any news about it?
2021-3-19
Use props
djiuser_tGZ79ZfOiNk7
New

Mexico

Is there an update about the 360 roll. Still can’t do it
2021-9-23
Use props
TBS_DG
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_tGZ79ZfOiNk7 Posted at 2021-9-23 15:30
Is there an update about the 360 roll. Still can’t do it

This is what they have told me so far.
     simon(DJI Support)

Feb 18, 2022, 18:07 GMT+8

Dear Alan,
Good to hear from you.

This is Simon from DJI Support. is currently on vacation but please don't worry that I will follow up on your issue.

Regarding your problem, we are sorry that currently, we don't have the video tutorial, it will be better if you update us with the video that shows your operation. We will check the steps for you.

In the meantime, you can also check the below steps:
1. Please make sure the ronin 2 have been upgraded to the latest version;

2. Please use Handheld mode when using for mounting 90° on a jib arm;
remote controller mode should be Free or Recenter mode.

Please ​place the lock in the groove next to it, like the picture as below.

3. After balancing the ronin 2, rotate Ronin 2 90 degrees to the flashlight mode(Handheld mode)(Note: Do not put Ronin 2 on the handheld ring to manually control Ronin 2 to rotate 90 degrees. After installing and fixing the camera, rotate Ronin 2 by 90 degrees. Will automatically enter the flashlight mode).
After entering the flashlight mode, the original roll axis will become the new pan axis, and the original pan axis will become the new roll axis, but the remote control's pitch, pan, and roll controls remain unchanged, and it is still mapped to the remote control channel in the APP be consistent. If the customer needs to change the control of the remote control, it is recommended that set it on the channel setting page of the APP.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We are always here to help.

If the problem is not solved yet, please reply to the email directly and the email will reopen automatically. We are always here to help. Thank you for your understanding and support.

You'll soon receive a customer satisfaction survey for our service sent by the system automatically if we do not receive any further information from you in five days. Then, the email will be closed automatically by the system too. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Take Care and Stay Safe!

2022-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules