Litchi stopping at waypoints
4659 7 2019-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marciano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8748281 ft
Uruguay

When set Path Mode to Straight Lines the quad stops for some seconds on each waypoint.
To avoid that (I couldn't try it yet because the weather) I guess setting Path Mode to Curved Turns and Default Curve Size: 0% will fix that (I don't need to define actions on each WP so I don't care about not using Straight Lines)
Will that change avoid the stops on each WP?
Is there another way to do that?
Thank you.

2019-8-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day marciano. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I am hoping that you could get the best information and recommendation that you may need when using this third-party application ( Litchi ) for our valued DJI co pilots who uses the said application. Have a safe and a happy flying always. Thank you.
2019-8-30
Use props
MassDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 894642 ft
United States

Litchi will always stop at any waypoint where the curve size is 0.  It doesn't matter what you have defaults set to, as that is only an aid in programming missions.
2019-8-30
Use props
marciano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8748281 ft
Uruguay

Yesterday I had only 3 WP.
After I changed from straight Path Mode to Curved Turns and Default Curve Size: 0% a curved path was drawn in WP 2.
Today I added WP 4 but WP 3 path didn't change to curve.
The flight was exactly like the drawn path with curved line at WP 2 and no curve at WP 3.
No stop at WP 3 as I wish.

I created a new mission starting with Path Mode to Curved Turns and Default Curve Size: 0%.
It didn't draw green curved paths in intermediated WPoints

I think it is a Litchi bug when I change from Straight to Curve (size = 0%) and it draws a green curve, It doesn't make sense.

I also have a 10 WP I have to fly.
I made the same general settings change: Path Mode from Straight to Curved Turns and Default Curve Size: 0%
Strangely 3 of the 8 intermediate WPs where changed to green curves.
Even further if I change Curved Turns Default Curve Size to larger values, nothing changes in the path.
Those 3 WPs have the same green curve whatever the % I set and the rest of the WPs remain as "straight", no curve.

PS:  After turning from Straight to Curved it is not possible to adjust each WP curve size
PS2: I am able to change Curve Size to 0m to the WPoints that are not already set to 0m only using the Hub, not in the iOS app

2019-9-1
Use props
jimdow528gmail
lvl.2

United States

Using waypoints for real meaningful work is the name-of-the-game.  Sooner rather than later (I would hope), both Litchi and DJI will implement something in terms of waypoints that people can actually use - more than the artificial limit of 99 waypoints.
I've attached some examples of the use of curved drone flight lines to illustrate what it's like to get some real work accomplished.  Sorry, this site will not let me add the examples.
2020-8-24
Use props
djiuser_usiqZHC9HlvW
New

United States

marciano Posted at 2019-9-1 09:02
[view_image]
Yesterday I had only 3 WP.
After I changed from straight Path Mode to Curved Turns and Default Curve Size: 0% a curved path was drawn in WP 2.

your understanding of how litchi works is a bit skewed...buy the udemy litchi course and learn how to use it, it would take to long to answer your questions. but there is a real simple way to correct this. Litchi waypoints are easy to use.
Did you buy the paid version, or just using the free one. paid version allows you more freedom.
2020-8-28
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

djiuser_usiqZHC9HlvW Posted at 8-28 08:44
your understanding of how litchi works is a bit skewed...buy the udemy litchi course and learn how to use it, it would take to long to answer your questions. but there is a real simple way to correct this. Litchi waypoints are easy to use.
Did you buy the paid version, or just using the free one. paid version allows you more freedom.

Thanks for the tip on Udemy - googled that and spotted they even do a free introductory course on Litchi. All very informative as I'm just starting off with that software.
2020-8-29
Use props
BHAU_
lvl.1

India

MassDrone Posted at 2019-8-30 13:28
Litchi will always stop at any waypoint where the curve size is 0.  It doesn't matter what you have defaults set to, as that is only an aid in programming missions.

I want to make missions for linear road videography. my drone (stops/reduce the speed at every point) then points towards the next waypoint with sudden yaw.
I kept curved turns on
curve size zero
heading auto towards next waypoint
please help me
2021-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules