Ground Control Station Improvements
1108 5 2015-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JRMert
New

Norway

I just wanted to say, in hopes that someone at DJI might take this seriously and try and improve on the current GCS, the reliance on the Google Earth plugin needs to be fixed. I can understand that it is a simple way of mapping and people can see where they are, with a satellite overlay and some terrain, yet, the coverage is not great everywhere and the terrain quality varies largely in places. I am struggling with the terrain issue right now as I need to do some photogrammetric mapping, but the location that I am in has a very very low resolution digital terrain model below it. I am trying to preprogram my flight paths, but the GCS sees me as flying into the ground due to the innaccurate terrain. Now, I have in my possession highly accurate terain models, but I can neither upload them to the google earth engine, nor use them as the base for my DJi mapping. I think if it is possible to make a way to import a georeferenced DTM or DEM for remote areas where Google doesn't have accurate coverage, this would be a huge bonus and quite helpful.
In addition to this one big issue, I could also recommend correcting the GUI for the GCS as it can only display correctly when the screen of my computer is set to a specific lower resolution. Come on, this can't be that tricky to fix. The program does all I need it to do, I have no complaints on how I have successfully be able to use it and do a good job. So, focus on improving it, not making something totally new.

Also, please, turn off the default home point when not connected to the drone. I would like to be able to set a hypothetical home point (e.g. 10 m away from me right now) set up my mapping waypoint grid and then see what the estimated time might be.

One other thing, an update that would allow people to purchase more waypoints. I get 16 now, my batteries are new and giving me 50% more flight time. I could use another 16, without having to buy a whole new controller.

For photogrammetrists, a high frequency recording of flight data would be cool.

Anyway, great kit, great fun, great results, but just a few more tweeks to make it brilliant.

Cheers,

J

2015-6-9
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Thanks for your kindly suggestion, I will take it feedback to our R&D department, THX~
2015-6-9
Use props
nsvr66
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 84347 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-17
Use props
JRMert
New

Norway

I had no issues with my IPAD MINI a while back. However, I don't really use the IPAD for the ground control station. I stick with my Toughbook. A computer is enough for me. All these new apps and abilities to fly using any BT phone is just a bit much.
2015-6-19
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

nsvr66@gmail.co Posted at 2015-6-18 00:46
Dear JRMert ,...
I am jealous.  You want to buy 16 more points....I would be happy to simply get my ...

Get an RMA and get a replacement BTU.
2015-6-19
Use props
nsvr66
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 84347 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now