"Defective Battery" notice
1302 15 2019-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DennisM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387733 ft
United States

While flying today I received a Defective Battery notice in the upper left corned of my screen,  This is the second tine this has happened.  I was at 80% battery and brought it home.  I rebooted my controller and the problem went away.  I flew again with the same battery to about 65% and all was OK.  I flew again with my second battery and all was all right.

Thoughts?  Do I have a problem with my first battery?  Thanks
2019-8-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide us a screenshot if you will receive again the same problem?  Also, you may try to drain your battery and try to recharge it again then check if the issue will still persist. In addition, please make sure that you currently have an updated firmware for us to avoid any errors and problems. Please let us know if you have other inquiry. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-8-30
Use props
DennisM
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-30 14:51
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide us a screenshot if you will receive again the same problem?  Also, you may try to drain your battery and try to recharge it again then check if the issue will still persist. In addition, please make sure that you currently have an updated firmware for us to avoid any errors and problems. Please let us know if you have other inquiry. Thank you for your continued support!

yes, will do
2019-8-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

We who have never had an issue, crave to see pics of error notices.

RedHotPoker .
2019-8-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Please let us know for the latest updates of the said issue for us to help you further. Thank you!
2019-9-3
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

Got a similar message two weeks ago on a P4P+. “Battery Damaged” Was so freaked out, I forgot how to take a screen shot. I pulled up the battery monitor and saw that 1 cell was .3 volts less than the other three. I ran the battery down until it turned off by holding the aircraft and giving it a little throttle. I then charged it up and tried again. Same thing. I repeated the discharge and recharge and it still failed. I ordered a replacement battery from Drone Works as it’s getting harder to find actual dji Obsidian parts at the original price. When I have free time (absolutely zero possibility this week) I’ll put the bad battery back in and try to get the message up. I remember I have to swipe up to get the screen shot... I’ll get all the particulars when I get the screen shot. I seem to recall it had around 30 charge cycles but I’m old and can’t remember for sure. I do know this one thing for sure, this battery will never fly in my Obsidian again. I’ve read bad battery horror stories that resulted in catastrophic piles of broken plastic, and I’d rather not have to type one of them myself.

Jeff
2019-9-3
Use props
DennisM
lvl.3

Follow up:

I charged both batteries to 100% and ran them both down to 10%.  The problem did not repeat so I will chalk it up to an aberration.   I will watch for a repeat in  future flights.

Can anyone tell me if you can take a  screen shot with the P4P  pro+ v2.0 and how?
2019-9-9
Use props
allyssongemelli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2562467 ft

DennisM Posted at 9-9 10:52
Follow up:

I charged both batteries to 100% and ran them both down to 10%.  The problem did not repeat so I will chalk it up to an aberration.   I will watch for a repeat in  future flights.

If it's not possible with screen, try to connect your cellphone, and print it out. It's a idea!
2019-9-9
Use props
DennisM
lvl.3

Jeff Millard Posted at 9-3 15:43
Got a similar message two weeks ago on a P4P+. “Battery Damaged” Was so freaked out, I forgot how to take a screen shot. I pulled up the battery monitor and saw that 1 cell was .3 volts less than the other three. I ran the battery down until it turned off by holding the aircraft and giving it a little throttle. I then charged it up and tried again. Same thing. I repeated the discharge and recharge and it still failed. I ordered a replacement battery from Drone Works as it’s getting harder to find actual dji Obsidian parts at the original price. When I have free time (absolutely zero possibility this week) I’ll put the bad battery back in and try to get the message up. I remember I have to swipe up to get the screen shot... I’ll get all the particulars when I get the screen shot. I seem to recall it had around 30 charge cycles but I’m old and can’t remember for sure. I do know this one thing for sure, this battery will never fly in my Obsidian again. I’ve read bad battery horror stories that resulted in catastrophic piles of broken plastic, and I’d rather not have to type one of them myself.

Jeff

“Battery Damaged”

May well have been the message I received.  I was going from memory since I don't know how to take a screenshot from the pro + screen.
2019-9-9
Use props
Mirlen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14429 ft

RedHotPoker Posted at 8-30 17:11
We who have never had an issue, crave to see pics of error notices.

If I'm in the air, taking a screenshot is he last thing I want to do in this situation, I recommend tracking your cell health.  AirData has a nice graph showing this, fortunately in this case I found it when bringing it out from storage and prior to any flight...

bad-battery.png
good-battery.png
2019-9-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft

It’s only a button click away... haha

Yeah, I’d likely get that feeling too, “Anx”!!

RedHotPoker
2019-9-10
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

DennisM Posted at 9-9 10:52
Follow up:

If you swipe down from the top of the screen, there will be a capture button in the middle/bottom of the dialog box that appears. Later, connect your controller to a pc or Mac using the USB cable. Big end to computer, small end to the small USB connector on the + controller. Enter the settings page then swipe down again. There will be a message at the bottom of the dialog telling you USB connected, touch to enable. The next dialog that appears will allow you to turn on USB storage. As soon as you select that it will connect to your computer. Open the folder named “screenshots” and your captures will be there.

I take screenshots all the time when I’m flying. I just haven’t been flying a lot lately due to work and I just didn’t think of it when the message appeared. I put the bad battery in the acft and couldn’t get the message again. I’m recharging it again and I’ll try again this weekend. As soon as I see it again, I’ll take a shot of it and post. I’d like to be more help, but this is a very busy time of year at work.

Jeff
2019-9-11
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

You can see the bad cell is around 6 tenths of a volt lower than the other three. The bottom battery is a good one in flight.

Jeff

Bad

Bad

Good

Good
2019-9-11
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

OK, I finally got the battery failure messages:
2019-11-11
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The aircraft won't start. I was only able to get the screenshot of the warning by trying to start the motors.

Jeff
2019-11-11
Use props
DennisM
lvl.3
United States

It is odd that I received the same battery cell damage warning but when checking but when checking the cells in flight after the warning came on they all read the same amount.  I will watch it for a while before hitting the panic button.
2019-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules