Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dog Attack
12Next >
11377 43 2019-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Miro Perez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25374 ft
United States

Is it just me or do lots of people have their drones get attacked by dogs.
Single SelectVote, Total 148 people participate in voting
9.46% (14)
70.95% (105)
19.59% (29)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-8-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sure that our valued DJI Forum members would participate in this poll. Please be mindful of our environment when flying the drone to prevent the incident. May you please always have a safe flight! Cheers!
2019-9-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

The older drones use sonic sensors in the VPS and the pulse drives animals nuts so be mindful not to fly too low over animals with VPS turned on.
2019-9-3
Use props
Kevin8701
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167982 ft

Keep away from dogs
2019-9-8
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft

Kevin8701 Posted at 9-8 23:53
Keep away from dogs

My dogs would never mistake a drone for a slab of cheese...

Gimme Cheddar anytime!

Gimme Cheddar anytime!
2019-9-10
Use props
CoollyMcAwesome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274829 ft

I fly in an off leash area, I am sure legally I am in the grey, but if your aproachable and friendly, dog owners and dogs don't seem to mind. When dogs come by, I just bring the Quad up around 50 feet and just hover to the side not directly below, Dogs just seem curious at the flying bird like object and move on. Owner sometime want to chat and I like to be a good ambassador to our hobby. I never bring the drone down, as the dogs may chase it and a prop stride may cause injury. Also if it's busy, I never use a phone or tablet. People like privacy, this way they don't see the fpv feed and start talking about spying or peeping, stuff like that. Anyway Miro, best of luck in your situation and good and safe flights.
2019-9-10
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>

In my only low level 'encounter' with someone walking a dog I was hoovering about 100ft away from me. The walker was on a path that went past the drone, the dog suddenly took a run at the drone from about 30ft away so I sent the drone up quite a way, after that the dog wasn't bothered by the drone.
Since then if I see a dog getting anyway near I get the drone out of the way either up or sideways etc.
I wouldn't want a dog getting its face or eyes slashed for one thing
2019-9-11
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

Antonio76 Posted at 9-10 06:44

Cool looking shot
2019-9-19
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4

A J Posted at 9-19 03:25
Cool looking shot

Thanks. BTW, that table is 70 cm high... Never measured the dog -a three years old Irish Wolfhound-, but I think he might be around 93 cm or something at the shoulder. and 90 kg... Of course I don't fly the drone when the dogs are around, but they don't seem interested anyway.
2019-9-20
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

Antonio76 Posted at 9-20 06:32
Thanks. BTW, that table is 70 cm high... Never measured the dog -a three years old Irish Wolfhound-, but I think he might be around 93 cm or something at the shoulder. and 90 kg... Of course I don't fly the drone when the dogs are around, but they don't seem interested anyway.

They are the tallest breed of dog in the world - beautiful animal
2019-9-20
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4

A J Posted at 9-20 08:13

That makes them the kitchen counter surfers  champions of the world...
2019-9-21
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4

A J Posted at 9-20 08:13

2019-9-21
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

Antonio76 Posted at 9-21 06:43

Hahahaha - very true
2019-9-21
Use props
MalikDixon55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1387402 ft
  • >>>

Antonio76 Posted at 9-10 06:44

Indeed. It is a slight difference in the size and color of the cheese.
2019-9-24
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4

MalikDixon55 Posted at 9-24 14:03
Indeed. It is a slight difference in the size and color of the cheese.

Absolutely right. I myself am rather partial to Danish Blue -or even better, Italian soft Gorgonzola -But it would be difficult for me to fly safely my drone while eating and warding the dogs off my cheesy snacks...
2019-9-26
Use props
DJDudu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 102631 ft

I feel you guys. I am a still a newbie here. I fly my drone in a city park and while some dogs tend to ignore the drone, some would follow the drone like crazy everywhere it goes. Usually I try to wait them out and I make sure there are no dogs nearby when I am landing. DJI engineers should think about some additional features or drone dlcs - perhaps a dog snack launcher would work?
2019-9-27
Use props
Deadtillten
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14232 ft

Solution:  Don't fly drones near animals.
2019-10-5
Use props
Tzani_75
lvl.1

United States

How to train dog?
Which equipments are necessary to train the dog?

2019-10-17
Use props
wjtve
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75121 ft
United States

First hand experience?
2019-10-22
Use props
Bigswifty
lvl.2
Australia

I am wary of upsetting dogs when I fly, and if I see or hear one coming I'll usually land. Which is what I did today. The dog owner approached me and I thought "Uh oh, here we go" (although I was totally legal). Anyway we got chatting, she said her dog loves to chase things and would I mind doing a few laps of the otherwise deserted park. No problem! Did some laps of the park at a safe height and distance. Dog happily bounded behind yapping and wagging, while I showed the owner the screen vision and answered questions about how much the drone cost. Came in for a nice, safe, doggy friendly  hand catch. Not the mission I was intending to fly today, but even better - happy dog, happy civilian who understands a bit more about drones. Calling it a win.
2019-10-23
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

I fly over sheep where I live, but there is a certain height where they become aware of the drone and start to react. I usually climb or move away.
Though I have to say, their movements, especially at sunset, make some nice shapes.
2020-1-21
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not only dogs, people as well.  There is this thing about people when they see a drone they want to throw anything they can get a hold off.
2020-2-8
Use props
D & L
lvl.2

Netherlands

My opinion to go with the drone somewhere is less people,animals etc...
2020-3-27
Use props
Tzani_75
lvl.1

United States

Hey there,
I too face this. but I think they are not familiar with. If they see any strange things or person, they will surely attack on it. Thats what I understand from my observations.
Thankyou.

http://dogbedsview.com/dog-harness/
2020-6-2
Use props
Ln_Xu
lvl.1

China

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2020-6-8
Use props
DJIMNYD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 390564 ft
Malaysia

My MA2 get no attack from dogs but almost get attack from cat during take off. However I love cats.
2020-6-11
Use props
DroneNeophyte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1131726 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's kinda strange to have a dog attack a drone.
2020-7-23
Use props
roylmediacombb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50794 ft
United States

Lots of dogs in my family...  They seem totally disinterested in my drones.
2020-8-22
Use props
Agent Condescen
lvl.1

United States

Never had a problem with dogs. But with the birds ...
2020-9-2
Use props
idragon
lvl.2

United States

I heard somewhere that with this behavior dogs should be given cbd. My dog has recently started to react very sharply to drones. One of my neighbors bought a new drone, very expensive. Once we went for a walk with the dog and a neighbor tested it. I was admiring nature, we were walking slowly, when suddenly I feel a sharp pull on the leash. My dog began to show aggression towards the drone and ran straight at him. I reacted in time and didn't let it happen. Later we went to the vet and he prescribed us cbd oil for dogs canada. So far, there are minor results, the most important thing is that he has become much calmer.
2022-7-5
Use props
Bodiedog
lvl.1
United Kingdom

my dog hates the drones i have he hides in the house when home and under the camper van when out
2022-8-5
Use props
Tiffany F
lvl.2
United States

My bloodhound has a habit of wanting to lay down on the landing pad while I'm flying. With the mini3, I'm up for so long he gets bored!
2022-8-15
Use props
MrRaja
lvl.1
United States

Lucky for me there aren't many dogs around here.
2022-9-29
Use props
Ms Ivy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18880502 ft
United States

I've had a few birds go crazy attacking my mini 2 but no dogs yet. I tend to fly to high to get a dogs attention
2022-10-12
Use props
Ms Ivy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18880502 ft
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2020-2-8 12:36
Not only dogs, people as well.  There is this thing about people when they see a drone they want to throw anything they can get a hold off.

in the area on the country i live in I am always mindful that some gun happy redneck will try to take a shot at my drone.  it has not happen yet but I am waiting for the day it does
2022-10-12
Use props
Lucas626
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 10-12 10:38
in the area on the country i live in I am always mindful that some gun happy redneck will try to take a shot at my drone.  it has not happen yet but I am waiting for the day it does

I lived in a place where rednecks are a stone throw away and yes just wait for the day to happen.
2022-10-12
Use props
PixelPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Most dogs just think its a toy or something.
2023-1-23
Use props
Ultramiker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61939 ft
United Kingdom

been near 2 dogs and they both were scared so i kept away
2023-1-24
Use props
mirandaright87hotmail.com
lvl.4

Ukraine

I guess all dogs attack drones, at least when they see them for the first time. Mine did it until I installed a Petcube cam at home. It comes with a treat dispenser and has great options, e.g. smooth two-way audio for my pet to recognize my voice, night vision, a 1080p HD live streaming video with a 110° wide-angle view for full-room coverage, 8x digital zoom, etc. I should say, I'm pleased with it. And it is great for spying on my dog. Since I started talking to her via the camera, she stopped attacking my drone. Maybe she thinks she will get a treat this way
2023-6-1
Use props
Yarokir
lvl.1

United States

I thought not all dogs react to drones this way. But it's not true
2023-6-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules