13501 12 2019-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
_danilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275646 ft
Serbia

Hello there,

There is no "Flight simulator" option on Academy screen in my DJI GO 4 app on android. I have my phone connected to the remote via usb and Mavic Air connected to remote, as if I was about to fly. When I click on Academy option from the "hamburger menu" in top right corrner I cant see Flight simulator option with Enter button. Here's screenshoot:

Academy screen

Academy screen

The strange thing is that if I click on Academy at the top of the screen it asks me to login again, although I'm already loggedin the app. No many how many attempts I make, with correct credentials it asks me to login every time I click on Academy title at top of the screen.

I use:
DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 V4.3.24 (latest)

Android 9

Has this option been discontinued or it's something else?

Regards

2019-8-30
Use props
_danilo
lvl.4
Serbia

To answer my own question, I decided to try installing the older version of DJI GO app (before P4). Latest version on Play Store is 3.1.58 and, once you start it and login, it pops up the notification informing you that since version 3.1.58 the app does not include Flight simulator any more. So I went to download section of dji web site and downloaded the app version 3.1.52 only to realize that it is not compatible with any Mavic drone.

So the result i FAIL but I wanted to share my story and prevent someone else from loosing their time trying
2019-8-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the late response.  DJI GO for Android v3.1.58/ DJI GO 4 for Android v4.3.24 and the higher versions better fit the Android system update, and the application response speed and overall user experience will be greatly improved. However, due to the Android system update, the flight simulator function under the Academy in the app will no longer be supported. Please note that if you need to use the flight simulator function, do not update the app to this version or higher versions. Other functions will not be affected. If the flight simulator function cannot be used due to app update by mistake, kindly let us know for us to help you out with regard to this matter. Thank you for your understanding and support
2019-9-1
Use props
_danilo
lvl.4
Serbia

Hi Tony, thanks for the info. Yes, I've found the app version with included Flight simulator feature and installed it but it contains only drones before the Mavic so I uninstalled it.
Thank for the answer anyway!
2019-9-2
Use props
_danilo
lvl.4

Hi again. I would like to add [SOLVED] at the beginning of thread title in order to help others find the right solution if they bump on same problem, but I can't edit thread? Is there a way for an administrator to edit thread title?

This action is advised in forum rules also: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=71515&pid=623185
2019-9-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

_danilo Posted at 9-2 16:34
Hi Tony, thanks for the info. Yes, I've found the app version with included Flight simulator feature and installed it but it contains only drones before the Mavic so I uninstalled it.

Hi, we're sorry for the late response. Would you like to have a version prior to this particular version of the app for you to use the flight simulator? You may send us a message for this situation and I'll be more than happy to assist you. With regard to the editing the title, I believe that your query has been solved? Please let us know. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-9
Use props
_danilo
lvl.4

Hi Tony, thanks for the answer, better late than never.

I have found the version with the simulator included, in the download section of DJI site, but it was not made to work with Mavic Air (or any Mavic). So, in case you know about version that has simulator and works with Mavic Air, yes I would like to have it

Regarding my request to edit the title, it looks like I could have not edited it because I was lvl.1 group, as soon as I got enough points to join lvl.2 group, I got permission to edit it.  It would be nice to add that to the table of permissions I wrote about in this topic https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=197383
2019-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

_danilo Posted at 9-2 16:34
Hi Tony, thanks for the info. Yes, I've found the app version with included Flight simulator feature and installed it but it contains only drones before the Mavic so I uninstalled it.

I didnt find the flight sim very useful,  so I don't think you missing very much.
2019-9-10
Use props
djiuser_yx0NJEbCVrSu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14275 ft
United Kingdom

_danilo Posted at 2019-9-9 11:53
Hi Tony, thanks for the answer, better late than never.

I have found the version with the simulator included, in the download section of DJI site, but it was not made to work with Mavic Air (or any Mavic). So, in case you know about version that has simulator and works with Mavic Air, yes I would like to have it

My use of my drones is spasmodic due to other interests intervening, and I used the flight sim regularly to get my stick discipline licked back into shape after such a break.. For this I found it invaluable.

And for that reason I'm bloody angry that I find my app has been updated with absolutely no warning from DJI that any such removal was on the cards.

A very fine reason, among others, to take a very long look at the competition when next I decide to add another bird to my aviary.
2020-1-26
Use props
djiuser_2ybZ0gnGctqk
New

Kuwait

Hello there,  

I'm having problems with simulator software it won't load, error 8008, I installed windows 10 on my mac. What am I doing wrong.  Please help.
2020-5-5
Use props
djiuser_vTIJ68KKTakE
New

Croatia

djiuser_2ybZ0gnGctqk Posted at 5-5 07:21
Hello there,  

I'm having problems with simulator software it won't load, error 8008, I installed windows 10 on my mac. What am I doing wrong.  Please help.

As I can see, last version to have simulator included is "DJI Go 4 4.3.20"?

I tried to download that old version, and install it on older phone, however it hangs on "failed to get resource file".

Is there any way to download Android OBB files for that app version somewhere?

So I would use old app and one separate mob for simulation, and new app on my primary mob for flying the device.

Simulator is needed feature for new drone pilots, it will reduce number of problems when flying in real environment. I think every DJI owner should have access to that.
2020-8-5
Use props
Perhead
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_vTIJ68KKTakE Posted at 8-5 23:52
As I can see, last version to have simulator included is "DJI Go 4 4.3.20"?

I tried to download that old version, and install it on older phone, however it hangs on "failed to get resource file".
If you crash your done because of no abilty to practice with the  simulator, then you can get it repaired with D J I.
Never good to remove a something so helpful to new users with updates. Bad business, id say.
2020-11-11
Use props
djiuser_AIbscbolJ1s4
lvl.1

Canada

I lost my drone a long ago and I checked my drone gps and it ended up showing the drones last location on the gps but I went to go get my drone back from the spot the gps is showing, it’s not there but the gps says my drone is there. Why is that?? My drone is a mavis 2 pro.
2021-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules