Osmo Action internal mic test with a modified vlogging rig
1986 17 2019-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi.

Here's a preliminary test of the adaptation I mentioned in the video about the Ulanzi silicone case. Below the video is more blurb from my YouTube description.

Cheers,
Dave.

PRELIM TEST - Osmo Action vlogging rig for internal mics with wind filter and quarter/20 connection

This is one of my preliminary test videos where I'm testing the audio quality of the DJI Osmo Action with its internal microphones specifically for vlogging.

The Osmo Action is being used with a Ulanzi silicone rubber case that I've modified specifically as a vlogging case. The Ulanzi case has had two Rycote Micro Windjammers permanently glued to it to cover the microphone holes of the case to add some wind protection to the internal mics of the Osmo action.

I've also super glued a quarter 20 mount under the case so I can add a pistol grip or mount the system to anything that's connector compatible with the quarter/20 screw thread standard.

The idea behind this vlogging case/rig is to primarily give a certain amount of wind protection to the Action's mics and to also add a pistol grip. These two things basically help to make the whole thing the most portable and compact vlogging rig for the Osmo Action that I've come up with to date.

In the sections where I've re-EQ'd the audio, this is just to give an alternative sound and isn't necessarily supposed to be better than the original recording. The original recording has had a small amount of post limiting applied so I can re-sum and raise the audio in post to give a louder output. The original recording is basically exactly how the dialogue sounds in this setup, just a bit louder.

I will do a couple of shorter more focused proper video examples of this setup. I'm also just finishing off a simple how to guide on how to put this case together. This video will be posted soon, so please check by to my channel over the next week or so if you are interested.

Here's a video explaining the purpose of my preliminary test videos:

Also, here's a link to my preliminary test video playlist. I only make so many of these videos public in my main list as many of them are very rough but there are others in the playlist that are viewable in the list that don't appear in my main channel lists:

2019-8-31
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Nice video, thanks for sharing
2019-8-31
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

maddox Posted at 8-31 19:57
Nice video, thanks for sharing

You are very welcome.

Cheers,
Dave
2019-9-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing
2019-9-1
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 9-1 05:12
Thanks for sharing

You are very welcome.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-9-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for sharing
2019-9-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

David_Harry Posted at 9-1 23:53
You are very welcome.

Cheers,

Hopefully we get an external mic that works.
2019-9-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice test
2019-9-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great test - thanks for sharing
2019-9-2
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer

Woe Posted at 9-2 05:41
Hopefully we get an external mic that works.

I absolutely agree.

As soon as I can get my hands on one I’ll be doing videos with a whole bunch of mics, small video mics, shotguns, studio condensers, Lavaliers and wirless lavs.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-9-3
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer

You are absolutely welcome.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-9-3
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-9-3
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer

A J Posted at 9-2 06:27
Great test - thanks for sharing

Hi AJ.

You are absolutely welcome buddy.

I’ll be doing something similar but with a foam cover that surrounds the standard skeletal cage.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-9-3
Use props
maddox
Captain

David_Harry Posted at 9-1 01:49
You are very welcome.

Cheers,

No problem mate!
2019-9-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>

David_Harry Posted at 9-3 03:54
Hi AJ.

You are absolutely welcome buddy.

2019-9-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

David_Harry Posted at 9-3 03:51
I absolutely agree.

As soon as I can get my hands on one I’ll be doing videos with a whole bunch of mics, small video mics, shotguns, studio condensers, Lavaliers and wirless lavs.

Can't wait
2019-9-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

David_Harry Posted at 9-3 03:52

Cheers,

My pleasure
2019-9-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Dave. Thank you for sharing this review/test video you have created for the DJI Osmo Action. Great work and thank you for your support.
2019-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules