IMU recalibration problem
977 14 2019-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bransmi
lvl.1
Australia

I am running IMU recalibration on Spark, following steps as shown but the process "hangs" on step 2/6 - indicator lights are flashing green indicating "braking".   How can I get it to move on to the next step?
2019-8-31
Use props
Haggi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Flashing green means step completed, move to next step. Pay close attention to the pictures..
2019-8-31
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

What Haggi said ;-)
2019-9-1
Use props
MccloudSpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Just in case you are not aware - it is difficult to tell which direction to rotate the RC from the pictures.  That's why Haggi said that...
2019-9-1
Use props
fansea4abffe
New
Flight distance : 505 ft

Colombia

Buenas noches, tengo un pequeño problema con mi drone spark ya que no he podido volarlo porque me dice que debo calibrar el IMU pero cuando lo estoy haciendo me arroja este mensaje. Error de orientación automática error -50. Alguien sabe cómo solucionarlo. Gracias  
2019-9-1
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118 ft

Netherlands

Haggi Posted at 8-31 23:31
Flashing green means step completed, move to next step. Pay close attention to the pictures..

the pictures are confusing, had the same problem of getting stuck on 2  On 2 you have to put Spark on it's side, thought that the picture showed turn it sideways. typical DJI's useless information, that user's have to correct on YouTube  
2019-9-1
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

look on Youtube how to calibrate IMU
2019-9-1
Use props
bransmi
lvl.1
Australia

ruudy Posted at 9-1 22:51
look on Youtube how to calibrate IMU

Thanks but screen showed the process was incomplete and would not allow me to move to the next step.  The process seemed to be automatic - moving from task 1 to 2,
2019-9-2
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

bransmi Posted at 9-2 00:45
Thanks but screen showed the process was incomplete and would not allow me to move to the next step.  The process seemed to be automatic - moving from task 1 to 2,

I had the same problem, because I was doing it wrong,  search on youtube  Spark IMU calibration. very clear instructions.

Step 1  Spark flat on the ground  step 2  on its side, check which way the DJI logo is at, step 3 on its other side step 4  straight up step 5 on its back, that's it simple
2019-9-2
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

ruudy Posted at 9-2 03:02
I had the same problem, because I was doing it wrong,  search on youtube  Spark IMU calibration. very clear instructions.

Step 1  Spark flat on the ground  step 2  on its side, check which way the DJI logo is at, step 3 on its other side step 4  straight up step 5 on its back, that's it simple

You missed nose down, there are six sides to a cube!
2019-9-2
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

bransmi Posted at 9-2 00:45

Do you know this video?

2019-9-2
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

S-e-ven Posted at 9-2 05:05
Do you know this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_pfcHyHFm8&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNIrePb_pR6Rd2Cp8GaKa_i&index=10&t=0s

yes, but I got mine from Youtube
2019-9-3
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

S-e-ven Posted at 9-2 05:03
You missed nose down, there are six sides to a cube!

You caught me out LOL
2019-9-3
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Hope you got it right now
2019-9-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do apologize for the inconvenience. I would recommend making sure that the firmware of your aircraft is updated. Do you encounter any error message about the IMU? You may try to connect your phone directly to the aircraft's wi-fi and do the calibration again to see if that would help. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules