M2ED and Flight Apps
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 655932 ft
United States

Looking at buying a M2ED for fire dept. use; SAR, overwatch, etc.   Can anyone speak about using Pilot App vs GS Pro vs Litchi.   Am hearing that flight apps are lacking for this drone.  Will be using IOS device.  Thanks!
2019-9-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Make sure you understand the features on the enterprise,   its doesnt have a lot of the modes that the regular mavic 2 has.  Things like active track are not included but you do get heating batteries and a date/time stamp on the photos.
2019-9-2
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
United States

I see where the Pilot App has waypoints and POI.   Is this true and functional for the M2ED?   Also, can you see both camera displays simulataneously like it says?  
2019-9-2
Use props
Kalle2017
lvl.4
Flight distance : 987310 ft
Germany

Litchi does not work with the M2ED, for example it can't focus the picture and you can't switch between the both cameras. Ask the Litchi - Developers for M2ED - Support with Litchi, i hope it will coming soon.

The DJI Pilot App for iOS has no waypoint - Support. DJI does not deliver the customers need.

2019-9-2
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rvrrat14 Posted at 9-2 09:37
I see where the Pilot App has waypoints and POI.   Is this true and functional for the M2ED?   Also, can you see both camera displays simulataneously like it says?

You can get both camera displays, however, they are superimposed on each other, so you see the thermal image and an outline around it based on what the visible light camera sees.
As far as other apps, none support all of the functions of the Dual. I have started up the Pilot app, then without closing it, launched Kittyhawk. I can switch back and forth between the two, Pilot to mess with the camera and accessories and Kittyhawk to fly. I'm told by a friend he does the same with Litchi and Pilot. Both are with iOS, Crystalsky for sure doesn't allow this, do not know if Android does.
2019-9-2
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
United States

So maybe someone from DJI can address why the product doesn’t match the documentation.    ADMIN.
2019-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules