661 2 2019-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_vqZe4ZyPoTQr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469583 ft
Sweden

So...
My Mavic Air decided to autoland over open water. It had around 40% battery left and was at about 50m up and suddenly it just started to descend into the ocean and there was nothing I could do. This had happened one time before, luckily over land, and that incident happened because of a fautly battery, but Im not sure what happened this time.

I'm not here to determine the cause, but to figure out if it will ever fly again.
I did what I could, I got it out of the water quickly and rinsed it in fresh water, and the put it in a bag of rice for a week.

Today I started it and all systems but one seems to work pretty well. All the sensors are working, the camera and the gimbal are working and everything seems just fine, but ther is one error telling me the ESC is faulty and the aircraft cannot take off.

There are ESC controllerboard on different websites, so my question is, do you think I can get it up in the air if I replace it?

Best regards
2019-9-1
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

I believe moisture complete removal needs desiccant silica gel beads, plenty, zip locked.
Damage resulted on 1st power on.
Drawing a vacuum will damage manometer delicates.
2019-9-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the mishap that happened to your drone, ESC error may occur if there will be a problem with the internal parts of aircraft. We would recommend syncing your flight record and contact our support using the link below to send the unit in our facility for further evaluation. For additional information, warranty repair would depend on the outcome of the damage assessment and the warranty period of your unit. We do appreciate your understanding.

www.dji.com/support
2019-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules