Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
#Summer in Hawaii with DJI Mavic Air and Osmo Pocket
5589 16 2019-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Day 3 of our Hawaii Vacation on Oahu. This day had a nice mix of drone and handheld shots. Started by enjoying the beach and waves on the West side of the island Got some nice shots with the Osmo Pocket and great aerial shots with the Mavic Air. Then drove to the Dole Plantation in the middle of the island. Stopped at a famous food truck, then drove to the North side and enjoyed watching surfers at Sunset Beach.

My tips for capturing great Hawaii footage are:

#1 Capature a scene in max resolution... then do it again with a high frame rate. ESPECIALLY if it's water or waves. Close up on big waves with a 120 frame rate look AMAZING when you slow them down to 25% speed. But don't capture everything at 120fps because it will look low-def. Get a nice mix of shots.

#2 When using the Osmo Pocket for walking shots don't get TOO close to your subjects. You'll lose focus if you're not careful. Attach your phone if needed and tap the subjects to make sure they stay in focus and you're not accidentally focusing on the background.

#3 Use the Motion timelapse on the Osmo Pocekt. Especially if you're going to drone for 20 or 30 minutes. Set it up and let it pan and capture. It'll give you a nice clip to use as a segwey between scenes.

#4 When capturing surfing or any sport where you're just WAITING to film something good make sure you have all your batteries and have them charged up. When I'm traveling I always make sure I have my power converter in the car and 2 battery chargers. This way I can charge 2 batteries at a time while I'm driving to my next location.
BUT... remember to enjoy your vacation and fly safely.

day 6 (6).jpg
day 5 (4).jpg
day4 (2).jpg
day3 (3).jpg
day2 (1).jpg
2019-9-1
Use props
Nicoricosancho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

this is an amazing edit ! how funny that we both have a Hawaii edit into this contest !! good stuff bing err keep it up. That shot of the lady longboarding at sunset is just epic (4min35). ! good luck my friend
2019-9-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks for sharing this amazing footage and shots with us! Nicely done.
2019-9-1
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Nicoricosancho Posted at 9-1 15:30
this is an amazing edit ! how funny that we both have a Hawaii edit into this contest  !! good stuff bing err keep it up. That shot of the lady longboarding at sunset is just epic (4min35). ! good luck my friend

Thanks for watching so quickly. We had an amazing time and started seriously thinking about living there for a few years after we retire. It really is paradise.

I especially like the lady who rides the nose of her long board. You can tell she's practicing nose riding. Looks like so much fun.
2019-9-1
Use props
Nicoricosancho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

Bing Err Posted at 9-1 17:04
Thanks for watching so quickly. We had an amazing time and started seriously thinking about living there for a few years after we retire. It really is paradise.

I especially like the lady who rides the nose of her long board. You can tell she's practicing nose riding. Looks like so much fun.

yeh man I've been surfing as well when I was over, and long board riding is so much fun eheh !
2019-9-1
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

wow, the last  photo, The shape of the reef looks like a heart.
2019-9-2
Use props
Jimis.M
lvl.3
Flight distance : 754705 ft
Cyprus

Thank you very much for sharing!! Great work!!!
2019-9-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>

What a stunning place, thanks for posting.
2019-9-3
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Wonderful work, nice entry! Thanks for sharing!
2019-9-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

Stunning stills
2019-9-5
Use props
maddox
First Officer

Awesome work
2019-9-7
Use props
Mountaindrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>

Lot of chance to be here !
2019-9-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Very nice work!
2019-9-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful footage and captures.
2020-1-16
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 1-16 06:27
Beautiful footage and captures.

Thanks Woe! This was a great trip and I'm really happy with how the videos turned out.
2020-1-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

looks like you had fun and the video was put together
very well. keep up the good work m friend.
2020-1-18
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Really interesting work!
2020-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules