8839 113 2019-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Since Android already release the .24 version of DJI Go 4, I wonder why it is still not available for Smart Controller.
2019-9-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the moment, we don't have information when will be the update for the app to be released. However, the app can be updated separately if there will be an available version in the future. When connected the Internet, try check for Update by entering DJI GO 4, see Settings-Check for Update. We do appreciate your understanding.

2019-9-2
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Tony Posted at 9-2 11:38
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the moment, we don't have information when will be the update for the app to be released. However, the app can be updated separately if there will be an available version in the future. When connected the Internet, try check for Update by entering DJI GO 4, see Settings-Check for Update. We do appreciate your understanding.

Tony, that’s my question why Android version already release but SC not?!  SC is also running Android which the new firmware allow to update app separately.  So the release date will be different like old times what is the point for this separation update release months ago?
2019-9-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MAVICDLNM Posted at 9-2 18:02
Tony, that’s my question why Android version already release but SC not?!  SC is also running Android which the new firmware allow to update app separately.  So the release date will be different like old times what is the point for this separation update release months ago?

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We will coordinate this situation for further clarification about this scenario. However, the DJI Go4 app version for the Android wouldn't be the same as in the SRC, therefore, the released of the DJI app will have a different date. Thank you for understanding.
2019-9-4
Use props
Ambrogio
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 9-4 14:38
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We will coordinate this situation for further clarification about this scenario. However, the DJI Go4 app version for the Android wouldn't be the same as in the SRC, therefore, the released of the DJI app will have a different date. Thank you for understanding.

@ 11 here Smart Controller FAQ is stated:

"The built-in DJI GO 4 app has been optimized for use with the DJI Smart Controller. Both the built-in DJI GO 4 app and the standard DJI GO 4 app will be simultaneously updated."

Then? False?!

Ambrogio
2019-9-14
Use props
Dronie2
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft

Ambrogio Posted at 9-14 08:02

"The built-in DJI GO 4 app has been optimized for use with the DJI Smart Controller. Both the built-in DJI GO 4 app and the standard DJI GO 4 app will be simultaneously updated."

It seems that this is false.
In addition, almost three months to launch a new firmware... When they release it, it should be absolutely perfect.
2019-9-15
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft

Doesnt the latest Go4 just add support for 64 bit android distros?
Which is completely irrelevant on the SC and always will be.  So not worth releasing software that has no useful purpose.
2019-9-15
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft

gnirtS Posted at 9-15 04:08
Doesnt the latest Go4 just add support for 64 bit android distros?
Which is completely irrelevant on the SC and always will be.  So not worth releasing software that has no useful purpose.

Certainly makes sense to me.  I am also not so keen to do any further updates as they DJI has been sneaking things in that I don't think I necessarily want in their past release for the M2P.  They will need to add some feature that I feel I want before I do another DJI update.
2019-9-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for giving us the feedback with us. I'm currently coordinating this matter to our designated department to have the same update with the Android devices. As of the time being, the latest DJI GO 4 app can be downloaded and applied to the Smart controller to run the latest software. Thank you for understanding.
2019-9-16
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55305 ft
  • >>>

The latest Mavic 2 firmware update v01.00.0510 has two significant battery features, connection monitoring and discharge rate. However these are not available to Smart Controller users as they require the GO 4 App  v4.3.24 and we are unable to update to this version. The GO4 app on my SC is v4.3.16 and the latest version is not available for update as many other SC users have reported.

I have seen zero response from DJI on this issue across three forum threads. Time and again, legitimate queries are either ignored or responded to with the usual non-committal cut and paste script. Some constructive feedback would  be highly appreciated would also show some respect for DJI customers. Otherwise what is the point of these forums? Is it too much to ask?
2019-9-17
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 9-16 15:35
Hi, thanks for giving us the feedback with us. I'm currently coordinating this matter to our designated department to have the same update with the Android devices. As of the time being, the latest DJI GO 4 app can be downloaded and applied to the Smart controller to run the latest software. Thank you for understanding.

So is it possible to install the DJI GO4 apk on the SC?
2019-9-18
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 9-16 15:35

DJI Tony quote: "As of the time being, the latest DJI GO 4 app can be downloaded and applied to the Smart controller to run the latest software. Thank you for understanding."

Hi DJI Tony, sorry but this is patently untrue. The latest GO4 app is v4.3.24 and, according to my experience and that of many others, it is not possible to update to this version on the Smart Controller. Some have v4.3.21 installed and others are stuck with v4.3.16 and cannot update to any version, let alone 'the latest'.

Thanks for following up on this.

2019-9-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans8b803c8d Posted at 9-18 07:04
DJI Tony quote: "As of the time being, the latest DJI GO 4 app can be downloaded and applied to the Smart controller to run the latest software. Thank you for understanding."

Hi DJI Tony, sorry but this is patently untrue. The latest GO4 app is v4.3.24 and, according to my experience and that of many others, it is not possible to update to this version on the Smart Controller. Some have v4.3.21 installed and others are stuck with v4.3.16 and cannot update to any version, let alone 'the latest'.

Hi, we do appreciate your feedback to us. I would like to clarify if you could download the latest version using an external SD card and put it on your Smart controller to see if the DJI Go 4 app will be updated? Please let us know for further assistance.
2019-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the late response. Regarding this FAQ, as of the time being, the self updating on the DJI GO 4 app hasn't been applied to the Smart controller, therefore, this feature is not yet available in order to update the app separately. However, as our team is working on this, the latest app will be released in the near future. We're hoping for your understanding.
2019-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DanielVieira Posted at 9-18 06:12
So is it possible to install the DJI GO4 apk on the SC?

Yes, you could use an SD card to download the latest app on our website and install it to the smart controller. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-19
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft

Anyone tried this yet, do you end up with 2  GO4,s on the SC or would this update the one already on there, I was of the understanding that the one on the SC was a dedicated version for the SC only
2019-9-19
Use props
cbaquol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 619826 ft

I tried it just now. Does not work.

I want to point out that 4.3.24 was not available on the DJI website, so I downloaded this APK from apk pure. I want to also note that I tried renaming the APK with an APK renamer and the result was the same both ways.

2019-9-19
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer

.24 is listed on their site but .14 is downloaded or so it says

DJI-v4.3.14_190219-735-35859_official_sec-bdad8eac7a6be4bdad999724e6de9a45.apk.fe5mk3k
2019-9-19
Use props
cbaquol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 619826 ft

I just tried the .14 from DJI's website and got the same error
2019-9-19
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
  • >>>

Thanks DJI Tony for the response. This is an astonishing admission but at least we know why the Smart Controller, 9 months after its launch, cannot update its customised version of the latest GO4 app...

DJI Tony: 'Regarding this FAQ, as of the time being, the self updating on the DJI GO 4 app hasn't been applied to the Smart controller, therefore, this feature is not yet available in order to update the app separately. However, as our team is working on this, the latest app will be released in the near future. We're hoping for your understanding.

I should add that I'm quite happy wth the performance of the SC with the M2P but cannot help questioning the logic of releasing updated firmware for the M2 that helps to better manage battery installation and maintenance for the M2 range but which cannot be used with the Smart Controller because it is incapable of updating to the latest GO4 app. (I have already suffered 2 swollen M2 batteries which had to be replaced.)

A question I posted in another thread is still valid and a direct answer from the development team, yes or no, would be much appreciated:

Is it safe to install the M2 firmware update v01.00.0510 on my Mavic 2 Pro if it's to be used with the Smart Controller and version 4.3.16 of the GO4 app?

Thanks
2019-9-19
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 9-19 14:27
Yes, you could use an SD card to download the latest app on our website and install it to the smart controller. Thank you for your support.

Ive tried like others in this thread and it doesnt work....
2019-9-20
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
  • >>>

cbaquol Posted at 9-19 18:34
I tried it just now. Does not work.

I want to point out that 4.3.24 was not available on the DJI website, so I downloaded this APK from apk pure. I want to also note that I tried renaming the APK with an APK renamer and the result was the same both ways.

Got the same errors
2019-9-20
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

I managed to install 4.3.24 on SC
I was on version 4.3.21 ( as build )
What have done is
1) Downloaded  the 4.3.24 from DJI website and copy on Samsung T5 SDD drive
2) Connected to SC using the  Type C cable to Samsung SSD Type C
3) Located the installation file and click to install rest of that done smoothly.. it actually updated the current version
i can now see the battery discharge day option

2019-9-20
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft

Have you done any flight tests yet?
2019-9-20
Use props
akozc
Second Officer

djl61 Posted at 9-20 05:07

Not yet,  is almost midnight here fareast , planning to give a  try tomorrow..
2019-9-20
Use props
akozc
Second Officer

djl61 Posted at 9-20 05:07

2019-9-20
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer

did it download as DJI-v4.3.14_190219-735-35859_official_sec-bdad8eac7a6be4bdad999724e6de9a45.apk, I clicked download the .24 on the dji site but it downloaded as .14
2019-9-20
Use props
GoFly Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>

raven swe Posted at 9-20 07:47
did it download as DJI-v4.3.14_190219-735-35859_official_sec-bdad8eac7a6be4bdad999724e6de9a45.apk, I clicked download the .24 on the dji site but it downloaded as .14

same here?
2019-9-20
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
  • >>>

akozc Posted at 9-20 04:25
I managed to install 4.3.24 on SC
I was on version 4.3.21 ( as build )
What have done is

Can you share the download link? i only find .14.
2019-9-20
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft

akozc Posted at 9-20 06:24

Please let us know if everything is ok and please share the link you downloaded the  .24 version from.

IT IS A SHAME THAT THE USERS HAVE TO FIND SOLUTIONS THAT THE "SUPER MODERATORS AND DESIGNED TEAMS" SHOULD DO THEMSELVES....
2019-9-20
Use props
akozc
Second Officer

ro_flyer Posted at 9-20 12:37
Please let us know if everything is ok and please share the link you downloaded the  .24 version from.

IT IS A SHAME THAT THE USERS HAVE TO FIND SOLUTIONS THAT THE "SUPER MODERATORS AND DESIGNED TEAMS" SHOULD DO THEMSELVES....

All ,
Please note the website :
https://www.dji.com/mo/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

Because website is Macao DJI  naturally is in Chinese, doesn't matter ,you just select Android version of DJI Go4 .3.24  and download. ( apps itself in English)  
Save somewhere in your computer once finished the download,  you should receive as file like this

DJI-v4.3.24_190821-853-36158_official_sec-c03633ab20f38e9a64fa72c71a9613e8.apk
Transfer this file to your SC ,
I assume you  have also apk installer already on your SC if not google it and install on your SC but don't know if this app help me to install DJIGO4  4.3.24  smoothly or not so just in case be sure that app already in on your SC.
Then on your SC locate the transferred file and click on it if all OK,  it should start to install itself.
As mentioned my SC arrived with DJIGO4 4.3.21 version on board so apps updated this version
Today will give a try to see how it perform but on screen I can see the battery discharge option which is one of the major update , there already.
Hope it helps

Btw , the link I provided may automatically divert you to the DJI website of your country ,where you are residing.
But I guess you may figure it out how to bypass this and reach to DJI Macao website instead.
If still doesnt work,  I will try to upload the native .apk file on Google Drive and share the link here later.

Scrren shot of donwoad site

Scrren shot of donwoad site
2019-9-20
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer

Thank you very much!! Helps a lot!!! This is what we should expect from the DJI guys, who give us only useless standard answers ...
2019-9-20
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer

akozc Posted at 9-20 14:56
All ,

One question, when you install this version, you get 02 versions of the DJI app in the controller, or this actually updates the already existing app?
2019-9-20
Use props
ff22
Second Officer

akozc Posted at 9-20 14:56
All ,

It came up in English (USA, here) but showed the proper version.  I have not tried it yet.

Thanks for the link
2019-9-20
Use props
akozc
Second Officer

ro_flyer Posted at 9-20 18:05
One question, when you install this version, you get 02 versions of the DJI app in the controller, or this actually updates the already existing app?
Its automatically updated the existing version from 4.3.21 to 4.3.24.
So suggest do not uninstall the what earlier version you have and let the new version update  the old one.
If this not work then try uninstall the old version and install the new version .
2019-9-20
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
  • >>>

Can DJI confirm that this method of updating the GO4 app on the Smart Controller provides full functionality with no risks to reliability and flight safety?

According to DJI the GO4 app installed on the SC has been optimised for the device and the SC's Android system is also a customised version.

I know this method of updating the GO4 app was suggested by DJI Tony but can the developer team assure us that the Android version of the GO4 app v4.3.24 currently available for download is 100% suitable for use on the Smart Controller?
2019-9-20
Use props
Wiredinoc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20128 ft

That link isn't working here in the US, or at least in US English. The link says 4.3.24 but it's downloading 4.3.14.

New DJI user here, this thing is about to go back in the box for return.

2019-9-20
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>

Wiredinoc Posted at 9-20 21:13
That link isn't working here in the US, or at least in US English. The link says 4.3.24 but it's downloading 4.3.14.

Same for me, it downloads an older version.

I see that 4.3.24 is available on other APK download sites, though.
2019-9-20
Use props
akozc
Second Officer

Wiredinoc Posted at 9-20 21:13

DJI releasing the versions of DJI Go 4 not simultaneously worldwide, therefore different continents may  still refer to old version.there should be a set up on Win10 to directly reach to the web link without changing the region.
Yes also agree pls wait for the  final confirmations from the DJI developer team if this way update safe to go.  
2019-9-20
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer

still the same for me, that link still downloads .14, I cant get it to open in the DJI Macao site even using the TOR browser, just keeps reverting to USA site
2019-9-20
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules