Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Return to home
637 13 2019-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stryker03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 206345 ft

United States

Is the speed at which the drone returns to home, affected by the flight mode?  Whether Sport, Position, or Tripod mode.

2019-9-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe not - the RTH speed seems to be around 22MPH for most drones. You can push forward on the pitch stick during the return to manually increase speed.
2019-9-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The flight speed wouldn't affect during the RTH function with these features, however, the environment can affect the RTH. We would recommend flying the drone in an open area. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-2
Use props
Stryker03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 206345 ft

United States

thanks for the responses.
2019-9-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Stryker03 Posted at 9-2 16:02

You're most welcome. Should you have further concern, please let us know. Cheers!
2019-9-3
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>

Apparently I don't have the authority to start a new thread (can't find anything about that in the rules I keep being rerouted too...).

My question: Is there a way to turn down the sound - or better get rid of it at all - for the return to home functions. I find it incredibly embarrassing because it seems as if the drone is malfunctioning.

Thanks.
2019-9-9
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4

Depp Posted at 9-9 03:14
Apparently I don't have the authority to start a new thread (can't find anything about that in the rules I keep being rerouted too...).

My question: Is there a way to turn down the sound - or better get rid of it at all - for the return to home functions. I find it incredibly embarrassing because it seems as if the drone is malfunctioning.

It depends on which model you're flying. On the Mavic 2 product line you can silence the RTH beeping by pressing the power button on remote.
2019-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

I know exactly what you mean,  the RTH function generates more interest than just flying.    I tend not to use it and just use the map view to line up to the home line and fly back.
2019-9-9
Use props
Depp
Captain
  • >>>

Gimpy Posted at 9-9 03:40
It depends on which model you're flying. On the Mavic 2 product line you can silence the RTH beeping by pressing the power button on remote.

I have the Mavic Air.
Thanks anyway.
2019-9-9
Use props
Depp
Captain
  • >>>

I have the Mavic Air. They should update it for the Air.
Thanks anyway.

Map may be a good idea.
2019-9-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

Stryker03 Posted at 9-2 16:02

You're welcome
2019-9-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

You need to reach level 1 (20 points or more) to be able to create a thread - this came into play quite recently to help prevent those with less than 20 points/new from spamming the forum.

2019-9-9
Use props
Depp
Captain
  • >>>

A J Posted at 9-9 05:09
You need to reach level 1 (20 points or more) to be able to create a thread - this came into play quite recently to help prevent those with less than 20 points/new from spamming the forum.

[view_image]

Okay, thanks
2019-9-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

You've reached it now!
2019-9-9
Use props
Advanced