Osmo Action: Switch screen while recording
5117 7 2019-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft

I have had my Osmo Action for some time, I just noticed yesterday that apparently, you can't switch screens while recording.

Is this correct? That's a BIG oversight, IMO. I'm doing a comparison review between the Osmo Pocket and the Osmo Action attached to a lightweight gimbal, and this one feature ommission is almost crippling the Action/Gimbal combo.
2019-9-3
Use props
ff22
Second Officer

To switch between screens, press and HOLD the Quick Switch button on the left side of the camera.
2019-9-3
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4

ff22 Posted at 9-3 06:13
To switch between screens, press and HOLD the Quick Switch button on the left side of the camera.

I know that, but when I try to do that whilst recording, I get a message that I need to stop recording in order to switch screens.

switch screens.jpg
2019-9-3
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4

I thought this was fixed in the last firmware update:
  • Date: 2019.08.06
  • Firmware: v01.05.00.10

What’s New?
  • Added ability to switch between front and rear screen in Slow Motion.
  • Added ability to switch between front and rear screen in all modes without interrupting recording.
2019-9-3
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4

I also seems that double swipe on the back screen, and voice commands don't work at all now to switch screens, whilst recording. Nice going, DJI, way to cripple your product by taking away functionality.
2019-9-3
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft

Pics2Flicks Posted at 9-3 09:41
I also seems that double swipe on the back screen, and voice commands don't work at all now to switch screens, whilst recording. Nice going, DJI, way to cripple your product by taking away functionality.

Definitely does not work for me with latest firmware.
2019-9-3
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4

anthonyb Posted at 9-3 10:44
Definitely does not work for me with latest firmware.

Why would DJI do this? Why take features away?

2019-9-3
Use props
ff22
Second Officer

Pics2Flicks Posted at 9-3 11:34
Why would DJI do this? Why take features away?

Well, if an when the release the external mic, they will probably disable the internal mic (g)
2019-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules