DJI Mimo does not support External Mic for Android
12Next >
18114 40 2019-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Romx
lvl.1

Im using Oneplus 6, and when recording video using DJI Mimo it does not detect the external mic. Is there any way to enable external mic?
Im able to use external mic using FiLMiC/Open Camera/CameraMX with no issue.

Oneplus 6 & Boya BY-M1.

2019-9-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The external microphone cannot connect to the Osmo Mobile 3 directly. But there is no limitation of the software or hardware in the Osmo Mobile 3. Therefore, this function depends on the compatibility of your mobile phone and the microphone. Does the external microphone connect to your mobile device?  Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-4
Use props
Romx
lvl.1

Mic is connect direct with my phone, but when record video using dji mimo app it does not pickup the audio from external mic..but using other app(CameraMX & Open Camera) no issue with the external mic.
2019-9-7
Use props
tekhieGimbal
lvl.1

This is something I was worried about. I've got the Oneplus 7 and I was hoping to use an external microphone. I'm going to be really unhappy if it's not possible to use an external mic. They already don't support framerates above 30fps and if there is no support for an external mic I think that mine is going to be heading back to the shop.

It does feel like that have a bunch of iOS developers, but very few Android ones and are either unable to develop the app properly or just don't care to. Shame.
2019-9-9
Use props
djiuser_3ySUooXyIAb2
New

I just got Osmo Mobile 3 and installed Mimo app. I have OnePlus 6. External mic does not work with Mimo app. Works just fine with Filmic Pro. So If you have Android and need tracking functionality of Osmo Mobile 3 with external mic, don't buy.
2019-9-17
Use props
acidgreen
lvl.1

what tony wrote was wrong.   dji hast to fix it!
2019-9-17
Use props
djiuser_3ySUooXyIAb2
New

acidgreen Posted at 9-17 16:05
what tony wrote was wrong.   dji hast to fix it!

Exactly. Purely an issue with Mimo app.
2019-9-18
Use props
aslampk
New

DJI Tony Posted at 9-4 09:39
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The external microphone cannot connect to the Osmo Mobile 3 directly. But there is no limitation of the software or hardware in the Osmo Mobile 3. Therefore, this function depends on the compatibility of your mobile phone and the microphone. Does the external microphone connect to your mobile device?  Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

It's a biggest disappointment for me. I use external mike for recording audio and DJI MiMO app doesn't support it. I would not bought the OSMO 3 mobile, had I knew about this limitation.
2019-9-30
Use props
djiuser_il7ldUhOVtJv
New

Hey DJI, this is an humble request behalf of all osmo mobile 3 gimbal users.

We are all looking for better video shooting experience, please allow external mic for video recording in DJI Mimo app.

Egerly looking for this feature should up on next DJI Mimo upgrade.

Please disappoint us.
2019-10-10
Use props
Kubo102030
lvl.1

Hi, exactly like others said, I wouldnt buy DJI Osmo Mobile 3 If I would know that it does not support external microphone. It is shame, that "tool" for making videos doesnt support key fetaures like ext. mic and 60fps
2019-10-12
Use props
borogoves
New

I really need this! I love that I can capture smooth video now, but in the limited time I have for my workflow, I really need to capture audio at the same time. And the on-board mic is not going to cut it. I need either external mic support or need proper Filmic Pro integration for Osmo Mobile 3.
2019-10-13
Use props
borogoves
New

+1 external mic support for Android version of Mimo.
Or, alternatively, Filmic Pro support for Osmo Mobile 3.
2019-10-13
Use props
djiuser_nJE62wWf6XOP
lvl.1

I am a new user and i want to use active tracking but i use a rode video micro. Just learned that thats not gonna happen! Thanks dji...NOT!
2019-10-17
Use props
djiuser_G3rRHdtXzuGl
New

United States

PLEASE ADD EXTERNAL MIC SUPPORT FOR THE MIMO APP!!!!

Also, frame rate control and exposure lock would be great
2019-11-8
Use props
MorningChaser
New

Russia

Sme here. I have "Saramonic blink 500 b6" that has direct USB Type-C connection to the phone without wires.
And it does not work with Mimo, but it successfully works with Open Camera.
There is another thread on the forum that indirectly says there is mic support.
DJI can you please clarify on this topic? And bring some mic support.
Why do we need gimbal without ability to record sound?
2019-11-21
Use props
scenicsites
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8891 ft
Canada

I was also surprised and disappointed to find out that I cannot use an external mic with the app on android! I need this functionality for vlogging. I realize I can use my regular camera app however I specifically bought this Osmo for the fantastic tracking capability.

Does DJI plan to address this problem in the very near future? I would like to know while I am still in the time frame where I can return my device if I decide that is what is in my best interest. I use a Samsung Galaxy 8.
2019-11-24
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

Hi, I am looking to get an Osmo Mobile 3 and watching this YouTube video I see Zdenka being able to use a Rode mic:
2019-11-24
Use props
Chad Santos
New

Mexico

aslampk Posted at 9-30 07:48
It's a biggest disappointment for me. I use external mike for recording audio and DJI MiMO app doesn't support it. I would not bought the OSMO 3 mobile, had I knew about this limitation.

I have the same problem with DJI Mimo, i use my iPhone Xr, help me DJI!!!!!!
2019-12-31
Use props
Robert2345
lvl.2
Pakistan

want to know same
2020-1-1
Use props
keredson
New
United States

Callatis Posted at 2019-11-24 18:28
Hi, I am looking to get an Osmo Mobile 3 and watching this YouTube video I see Zdenka being able to use a Rode mic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZqazWxfxoY

She's using an external app in that video.  I'm very sad to discover this is not supported yet.  I just bought mine.  
2020-1-2
Use props
fans93670f74
New
United States

I purchased the setup in the video, the OSMO, Rode micro and bracket for my android phone based on that review.. No go.   DJI please add the line of code that will enable an external mic in you app.
2020-1-2
Use props
Aldren
New

Canada

Is this still not a feature for the app?  Really sucks i just got the device, attachments and microphone only to find out I have to go back to the FilMic application without the tracking...
2020-1-5
Use props
jeffersonmidei
New
Georgia

The same here... I have 3 mics from BOYA, and they don't work with DJI Mimo, but work fine with OpenCamera...

I was fooled by the DJI ... Fall for the scam!
2020-1-6
Use props
jeffersonmidei
New
Georgia

Aldren Posted at 1-5 18:32
Is this still not a feature for the app?  Really sucks i just got the device, attachments and microphone only to find out I have to go back to the FilMic application without the tracking...

can you tell me, please, how is the compatibility between DJI OSMO MOBILE 3 and Filmic? Should I buy Filmic?
2020-1-6
Use props
Romx
lvl.1

Malaysia

Sold my gimbal and bought Snoppa Atom. Support external mic!! Problem solved!!
2020-1-6
Use props
djiuser_ij4zbZhrygON
New

India

Hi i am also in situation like this. anybody know this issue solved or not? I ordered recently without knowing this. Can we use dji with Open camera or any other external camera?
2020-1-7
Use props
Ubel
New
United States

djiuser_ij4zbZhrygON Posted at 1-7 00:00
Hi i am also in situation like this. anybody know this issue solved or not? I ordered recently without knowing this. Can we use dji with Open camera or any other external camera?

I am using Osmo 3 on my Pixel 4 XL, and the external mics work in every camera app but DJI Mimo app.  

It doesn't seem like DJI has even acknowledged this as being an issue/shortcoming on their end, so I wouldn't expect them to devote any resources toward fixing it.  They probably only care about catering to the iOS crowd, like many companies unfortunately.
2020-1-22
Use props
djiuser_6YDMFqHk4U5F
New

South Africa

I'm seriously considering giving my OM3 away and getting the ZS4. Very very disappointed. No external mic and not compatible with Filmic Pro.
2020-6-2
Use props
djiuser_6YDMFqHk4U5F
New

South Africa

I'm seriously considering giving my OM3 away and getting the ZS4. Very disappointing. No external mic and not compatible with Filmic Pro.
2020-6-2
Use props
matan94
New

Sweden

Am I crazy or is it actually true that the Mimo app still doesn't support external microphones on my android phone???
2020-6-12
Use props
djiuser_rVF3K6JgoWwu
New

France

Unbelievable  ! Still no external MIC support !

DJI what are you doing ?
2020-6-16
Use props
djiuser_rVF3K6JgoWwu
New

France

Is this a workaround  ?

watch?v=z2nOSGnPk2Y
2020-6-16
Use props
madhanjoy
New
Qatar

Romx Posted at 1-6 01:31
Sold my gimbal and bought Snoppa Atom. Support external mic!! Problem solved!!

Hi Romx,
I bought OM3 and Saramonic Blink 500 B5 wireless microphone and there is no option to connect it with mimo app also on my OnePlus 7. But it works with open camera and hence I cannot use the mimo app. So  am worried with this not supporting issues.

Does Snoppa Atom has an app and does it support wireless microphone? Appreciate your reply.

Also if anyone has a solution for my issue, please help.

Thanks
Joy
2020-6-27
Use props
djiuser_N8beylZRygR7
New

New Zealand

Holy Cr4p, do the moderators think they can run and hide from this issue.  We've just bought OSMO for recording teaching videos but if I can't record from an external mic... sheesh.  No way I'm going to the hastle of post-production syncing with a separate audio stream - I want plug and play.   

If they could solve this external mic issue I'd push this DJI system hard in my institution but right now I'm thinking of returning the item and actively warning colleagues not to invest in DJI.

So, moderators, got a fix for us???
2020-7-12
Use props
Gabo
lvl.1

Spain

We don't need to connect an external mic thru WiFi or BT (will be great). But Please ! We just need something so so simple as make Mimo App recognize the active Android sound in. The wired headphones for example. Is not so complicated ! C'mon !!!!!
2020-10-24
Use props
Patrick Ivan Abano
New

Philippines

I hope this isn't too late but I think I found a work around for the external mic. I use samsung galaxy buds plus as my mic with BTMONO app. it works but this may not be the exact fix you are looking for. it works for me so I suggest you guys give it a try.
2020-11-16
Use props
djiuser_M4dsrASNinjc
New

Germany

I just tried it now with my phone (OnePlus 7t), App version 1.5.4 and it seems like it picked up the external microphone correctly when it was connected.

The phone's camera stock app still doesn't work with external Microphones but the DJI Mimo was able to detect it and use it normally.
2020-11-20
Use props
djiuser_7a2Dx9X78UDa
lvl.1

Argentina

what happend if i connect microphone to dji om4 usb-c??
2021-3-9
Use props
djiuser_rdEcAle3siSw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 304370 ft
Canada

I have an android phone (Google Pixel 2) and external Mic works perfectly with DJI Mimo apps on it. I use the original Pixel adapter and a regular lav mic.
2021-5-14
Use props
dvroegop
New

Netherlands

This is another disappointment from DJI. As I have stated before, the gimbal itself is lovely. It's the app that is just unacceptable.  No support for SD storage and no external microphone support. Something the native apps do quickly. There is NO reason for DJI not to have these features, instead of disdain for their users.

I hoped to have the gimbal on a tripod and use it to record myself as it followed me. Of course, that means being a bit further away from the camera; thus, an external microphone would boost the quality. Alas, that is not going to happen. I could use the native app, but I cannot use the tracking feature.

I really am NOT recommending buying this device if you plan to use things like tracking (which works just fine, to be honest). DJI: get your act together and be more courteous to your customers!
2022-7-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules