Using the drone as a barcode scanner
4384 4 2019-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
moviemaniac
New

Hi all,
this is my very first post. I own a Mavic Pro and I was thinking of using it as a barcode scanner, because I need to read barcode in a huge photovoltaic plant. Do you know if it is possible to use the drobe in such a way? Could you please suggest anything?

Thanks

2019-9-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Our DJI Go 4 app doesn't have the scanner feature that would allow you to do the bar scanning. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-9-4
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer

If you talking about reading the barcodes on equipment while in flight (or by hand holding the Mavic) it would be best done by a dedicated barcode scanner.
Easier, one step, and a lot easier on your Mavic.
IF you just have to use the Mavic, you can take a picture of the code label, and then "scan the image" with a barcode scanner.
See where I'm going with this?
2019-9-4
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft

I'm having a hard time imagining your use case. Are these barcodes that are on equipment that's hard to reach but can be flown to?
2019-9-4
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>

Ex Machina Posted at 9-4 10:35
I'm having a hard time imagining your use case. Are these barcodes that are on equipment that's hard to reach but can be flown to?

yea little odd i agree.  in small scale may be more efficient and make more sense to have humans run around scanning or conveyor belts.

but i guess maybe some use case with automation in larger scale facility  or maybe construction or container shipping or something..maybe?  i dont know ...only thing i can think of where using a drone may make more sense for scanning things in and out vs traditional methods..
2019-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules