Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Squelch Type Sounds
1128 14 2019-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TLTC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 248389 ft

The smart controller reflects sounds like squelching during live streaming, what causes this?Thanks!
2019-9-4
Use props
ff22
lvl.4

I don't live stream and don't think I've seen any reports.  Could you be hearing the fan noise or possibly acoustic feedback?
2019-9-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if this issue only happens when you are on live streaming or even in normal use? Also, can you please send us a short video showing the problem for us to further isolate the problem. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-9-5
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft

Please provide an audio sample demonstrating your problem. It may just be audio compression artifacts that can occur when bandwidth is limited, but a sample will go a long way in getting help from anyone.
2019-9-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

Probably the internal cooling fan
2019-9-5
Use props
TLTC
lvl.2

Thank you for the replies, here is a livestream, it sounds like there is a tv on or something...some kind of feedback...but there is no tv or radio on.  Thank you so much for your help.

Livestream

https://youtu.be/zlzAheuspHE

2019-9-6
Use props
TLTC
lvl.2

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-5 08:25
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if this issue only happens when you are on live streaming or even in normal use? Also, can you please send us a short video showing the problem for us to further isolate the problem. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

I haven’t done anything but live-streams but will try one today and check.  Thank you!
2019-9-6
Use props
TLTC
lvl.2

TLTC Posted at 9-6 07:36
Thank you for the replies, here is a livestream, it sounds like there is a tv on or something...some kind of feedback...but there is no tv or radio on.  Thank you so much for your help.

Livestream

Livestream

linking doesn't seem to work on the forum??  
2019-9-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TLTC Posted at 9-6 07:58
I haven’t done anything but live-streams but will try one today and check.  Thank you!

You're welcome. Please keep us posted.
2019-9-6
Use props
TLTC
lvl.2

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-6 10:52

Okay, I think I figured out how to post the link...this is livestream and sounds
2019-9-7
Use props
TLTC
lvl.2

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-6 10:52

Also, I cannot get any sound with the mic when not livestreaming??

Is there another way to record sound and/or connect another mic or something to this controller?  It doesn't seem to work as it should?
2019-9-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for the additional information provided. The background noise that you receive when flying your drone might be on your DJI smart controller or on the location where you are flying. Can you please try to fly in a different location to see if the problem will still persist? Also, regarding to your post on post #11, you can directly turn on the audio cache when shooting a video. You may refer to the images below. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

2019-9-7
Use props
TLTC
lvl.2

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-7 14:48
Hi, thank you for the additional information provided. The background noise that you receive when flying your drone might be on your DJI smart controller or on the location where you are flying. Can you please try to fly in a different location to see if the problem will still persist? Also, regarding to your post on post #11, you can directly turn on the audio cache when shooting a video. You may refer to the images below. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

[view_image]

Hi, yes I do have the record audio option marked, but it doesn't record on the recorded video, only on the livestream.

And, yes, the squelchy sounds also happen at other locations.  
2019-9-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TLTC Posted at 9-8 07:35
Hi, yes I do have the record audio option marked, but it doesn't record on the recorded video, only on the livestream.

And, yes, the squelchy sounds also happen at other locations.

Thank you for the additional information. If you enable the Record Audio with Video cache, you will only notice that audio when you play the cached video on the DJI Smart controller. Therefore, the video that you are playing on your computer or the video that comes from the SD card don't have that audio. Also, if the squelchy sound still appears on other location.we highly recommend sending the unit into our repair facility for further evaluation. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

https://www.dji.com/support
2019-9-10
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft

You know, that squelchy thing I hear in every livecast I've ever watched, and too often on internet conference calls, and it's due to the way audio is broadcast over the internet. The mic in the controller is likely picking up noise from manipulating controls and environmental sounds, which keep the mic open and subject to compression artifacts that we hear as squelchiness.

Modern audio devices do a lot with noisegating, noise/reflection reduction and volume leveling, and maybe there really is something wrong with your smart controller, but I'd listen to other livecasts (made with the same equipment if you can) and see if they sound remarkably different than what you are hearing before sending it back. fwiw.
2019-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules