Ronin-SC + Fujifilm XT-2
7246 12 2019-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joeldwilliams
lvl.1

I need some help.  We recently bought a Ronin-SC, as our first gimbal.  We did some quick research and settled on the Ronin-SC based on the reputation of DJI and the advertised integration with our Fujifilm XT-2.  I was able to easily follow the instructions and balancing the camera was a breeze but that was the end of easy.  I have tried about everything I can and still cant get shutter control established.  I tried the provided cables and even bought a replacement to see if the cable was at fault.  Without any success, I tried the same steps on my wifes camera.  She had an older version of the firmware and I thought, by chance, that might be the issue.  As it stands right now, both the camera and the ronin-sc both have updated firmware.  I have followed the instructions to set the usb connection and am still without hope.  I dont see too many people shooting with the XT-2 as the XT-3 was recently released.  I am hoping someone can help me get this working.

Thanks!

Joel

IMG_2538.jpg
2019-9-4
Use props
joeldwilliams
lvl.1

DJI - Please help!  
2019-9-6
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>

Hi Joel:

All the Ronin SC will be able to do with your Fuji camera is stabilization. You will not be able to trigger video on/off from the Ronin SC.  Why is this?  FujiFilm SDK does not allow for video record on/off via USB.  In fact, no gimbal manufactured today will trigger record on/off on any Fuji camera.

I urge you and other Fuji camera owners to contact FujiFilm in their home countries and ask them to update their SDK to allow for record on/off to be accessible via the USB port on their cameras.

Don Barar
2019-9-8
Use props
joeldwilliams
lvl.1

DGBarar Posted at 9-8 15:58
Hi Joel:

All the Ronin SC will be able to do with your Fuji camera is stabilization. You will not be able to trigger video on/off from the Ronin SC.  Why is this?  FujiFilm SDK does not allow for video record on/off via USB.  In fact, no gimbal manufactured today will trigger record on/off on any Fuji camera.

If you look at the compatible cameras list on the DJI RONIN-SC site,  The XT-2 is listed and there are instructions on how to configure the camera to work with the Ronin-SC.  Is this not the case?
2019-9-9
Use props
joeldwilliams
lvl.1

joeldwilliams Posted at 9-9 11:47
If you look at the compatible cameras list on the DJI RONIN-SC site,  The XT-2 is listed and there are instructions on how to configure the camera to work with the Ronin-SC.  Is this not the case?

This link takes you to the compatibility list, clearly showing that the XT-2 can Capture photo and Trigger auto focus.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin_SC/20190828/Ronin_SC_Camera_Compatibility_List_en.pdf
2019-9-9
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>

You are correct.  You can trigger autofocus and capture a photograph on the X-T2 with the Ronin SC  However, you will not be able to turn video record on/off because FujiFilm SDK does not allow this function via USB.

Don Barar
2019-9-9
Use props
joeldwilliams
lvl.1

DGBarar Posted at 9-9 12:05
You are correct.  You can trigger autofocus and capture a photograph on the X-T2 with the Ronin SC  However, you will not be able to turn video record on/off because FujiFilm SDK does not allow this function via USB.

Don Barar

No matter what I do, I can't get those features to work with my XT-2.  I have the connection settings set correctly but nothing ever works.  Very frustrating.
2019-9-17
Use props
Spaky
lvl.2

This situation with Fuji cameras is getting more and more confused, take a look at this:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D561%26typeid%3D561

it seems that now Ronin-SC is able to also trigger video on/off based on a specific cable, what is really a mess is that nobody from the support is giving a feedback back to us.
2019-9-18
Use props
joeldwilliams
lvl.1

Spaky Posted at 9-18 01:26
This situation with Fuji cameras is getting more and more confused, take a look at this:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=195772&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D561%26typeid%3D561

Thats huge!  Thank you so much for the information!  I was thinking about this a few days ago, I ended up buying a wired shutter remote to take some long exposures and was thinking about just taping the remote to the handle of my Ronin SC.  Glad to see there is hope!  Ordering one now.

https://store.dji.com/product/ro ... t-v2&position=0
2019-9-20
Use props
fans631f8fe4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1680036 ft
Switzerland

Spaky Posted at 2019-9-18 01:26

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=195772&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D561%26typeid%3D561

hi. i tried with the specific cable but I can only take pics.
with usb-c the focus light blink green and i could take video and focusing from ronin. It last just one moment and since that moment it works only  for pictures. if i start in video than it change automatically for pics! so sad
2020-1-5
Use props
fans631f8fe4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1680036 ft
Switzerland

fans631f8fe4 Posted at 1-5 08:53
hi. i tried with the specific cable but I can only take pics.
with usb-c the focus light blink green and i could take video and focusing from ronin. It last just one moment and since that moment it works only  for pictures. if i start in video than it change automatically for pics! so sad

I plug the cable with ronin and xt2 on... maybe I burned the cable?
2020-1-5
Use props
Subjump
New
Latvia

Is there any possibility to shot video and control electronical focus pull on fuji X-T2? With usb-C to micro usb cable  focus control perfectly works with fujinon lenses, but only thing I can make is only take a photo. For example RSS cable for fuji offers only start/stop video recording. Maybe somebody have this problem too?
2020-4-2
Use props
User646a69
lvl.2
Germany

Same here:
With USB start/stop and Shutter isnt working.
With RSS start/stop and Shutter is working.
With either cable I cannot use any of the "Create" function.

No reply in this thread from DJI:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... typeid%3D706&page=2

It is frustrating.
2020-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules